Email shipping notification for delivered goods

overlord_881 Lord of Cinders
Hey, so just a little bit ago I (and others, according to the Discord) had received emails for old orders that had already been delivered.
Shortly after logging in to see what had happened, the website went down.

The emails for me were all notifications that I had already received in the past, and were received at 7:54 PM CST (5:54 PM PST).

Is everything alright? Was there a breach or was this just a minor glitch?
Update: Now I'm receiving old "FAKKU Subscription Expired" notification emails.
3 of them, all timestamped 8:43 PM CST (6:43 PM PST).

What is happening?
Received the same emails, and saw the site go down as well. More than likely someone accidently pressed the wrong button (I hope).
It'd be nice if we got some official clarification or acknowledgement of it from Fakku themselves on the matter.
Its only just happened, lets see what they do. But having worked with Microsoft Exchange Server and running mail servers for more than a decade I can tell you that email services are "best effort". If an email fails to send, most servers just move on. Its up to the sender to make sure it is received or noted that it failed. I have seen where exchange server will try to send an email, error out, and once restarted try to send it again because it was still in the outbox. So fakku probably had something that reset with those emails marked to be sent out again. But it would be interesting to see if this happened because of an intrusion.
ticklebits69 wrote...
Its only just happened, lets see what they do. But having worked with Microsoft Exchange Server and running mail servers for more than a decade I can tell you that email services are "best effort". If an email fails to send, most servers just move on. Its up to the sender to make sure it is received or noted that it failed. I have seen where exchange server will try to send an email, error out, and once restarted try to send it again because it was still in the outbox. So fakku probably had something that reset with those emails marked to be sent out again. But it would be interesting to see if this happened because of an intrusion.

As I said before. Some clarification or acknowledgement from staff would be most appreciated.
YQII FAKKU Translator
I'm told this issue has been fixed. Sorry for the confusion. You can delete/ignore those emails.
And just to jump in and provide an explanation.

Our email system that sends out shipping notification emails, credit card expired, etc had been broken for the past few months (unknown to us), we just fixed it and it sent out all of the pending emails from while it was broken. No need to be alarmed, the emails are valid just out of date.
Jacob wrote...
And just to jump in and provide an explanation.

Our email system that sends out shipping notification emails, credit card expired, etc had been broken for the past few months (unknown to us), we just fixed it and it sent out all of the pending emails from while it was broken. No need to be alarmed, the emails are valid just out of date.

I kinda figured this was the case. I have seen this happen to many orgs because of how email services were originally designed. Thanks for the update.