Why is this? (New Jersey vs. Arizona)

Stats recorded from 2005, gleaned from prsearch.com.

Total Pop (AZ/NJ): 5,939,292/8,717,925
Total Crime (AZ/NJ): 317,823/234,310
% Crime violent (AZ/NJ): 9.59/37.21

Thus,

Total violent Crime (AZ/NJ): 30,479/87,187
Violent Crime/Capita: AZ: 1/195, NJ: 1/100

New Jersey, in the year 2005, had twice as much violent crime per capita as Arizona. And yet, according to data from infoplease.com regarding mean income, New Jersey's per-capita income was 1.45 times higher than Arizona's.

So, why is New Jersey so much more dangerous than Arizona?

Answers appreciated, discuss.
People are so packed together in New Jersey. Not much land, and more crime. Arizona has plenty of land for its suburbs
Thank God, you do not live in Detroit and St. Louis. The top 2 of 5 of the most dangerous cities in the US. I do not remember 3,4,5.
Well, speaking from personal experience, I live in New Jersey. I have been robbed multiple times. Also I have almost been killed multiple times as well.
loosehead99 wrote...
St. Louis

Yeah, pretty much every day there's another violent crime going on here. Shootings a murders every day, but sometimes we get those 'special' crimes every couple of weeks. Just a couple weeks ago there was a mother who strangled and tortured her 2 year old stepson in her basement.

I also remember one from when I was in high school. This guy got his girlfriend pregnant, and when she was 8 months into it, he beat her to death and slit her throat, then dumped her body into the Mississippi River. Eventually the pressure from the water after sinking caused her unborn son to get pushed out of her corpse. They washed up on a bank about 15 miles down. Yeah he's in jail for the rest of his life.

Meh. Ive been here my entire life.
Guilty Guardian wrote...
Well, speaking from personal experience, I live in New Jersey. I have been robbed multiple times. Also I have almost been killed multiple times as well.

What measures of force or tools have the individuals used in order to make you comply with their demands? (argumentative inquiry)
Because New Jersey is a hell pit inhabited by aggressive troll people. Trust me, I've been there.
Edit: umm on second thought I'm going to leave my past behind me. I will however keep this posted

Spoiler:
3.This one guy named sv51macross uploaded something called "furries" on the nosebleed section of fakku, and I instantly thought it was the best hentai I have ever seen, and almost fapped to death, but my will kept me going lol. No seriously thought thanks for introducing me to that. +rep when I can.
Rothen wrote...
People are so packed together in New Jersey. Not much land, and more crime. Arizona has plenty of land for its suburbs

Seconded. People cramped together to long never works out well.
catfish wrote...
loosehead99 wrote...
St. Louis

Yeah, pretty much every day there's another violent crime going on here. Shootings a murders every day, but sometimes we get those 'special' crimes every couple of weeks. Just a couple weeks ago there was a mother who strangled and tortured her 2 year old stepson in her basement.

I also remember one from when I was in high school. This guy got his girlfriend pregnant, and when she was 8 months into it, he beat her to death and slit her throat, then dumped her body into the Mississippi River. Eventually the pressure from the water after sinking caused her unborn son to get pushed out of her corpse. They washed up on a bank about 15 miles down. Yeah he's in jail for the rest of his life.

In jail?
Oh well....lol I didnt word that well. I meant Ive been in St Louis my entire life lol
its to hot in az to mess around people just want a cold beer and to be left alone
Quadratic wrote...
catfish wrote...

In jail?

Catfish confirmed for gangsta!
bigdaddyofaz wrote...
its to hot in az to mess around people just want a cold beer and to be left alone

lucky...im tired of freezing and shoveling snow
I used to live in a town about 20 miles south of Gary, Indiana. Which was at on point the murder capital of America. And, not to be racist, but Gary is 80% black people. And there was a ton of gang violence up there.
edibleghost wrote...
Because New Jersey is a hell pit inhabited by aggressive troll people. Trust me, I've been there.

Boardwalk was nice, but I only stayed there. Ocean City, bitches.
sv51macross wrote...

Thus,

New Jersey, in the year 2005, had twice as much violent crime per capita as Arizona. And yet, according to data from infoplease.com regarding mean income, New Jersey's per-capita income was 1.45 times higher than Arizona's.

We don't talk shit like those fags in the desert.
Kingpin ShaoZhao wrote...
sv51macross wrote...

Thus,

We don't talk shit like those fags in the desert.

lol its this attitude that gets these dudes in trouble, you are not talking shit but your calling people from az fags? you sir are a retard.
bigdaddyofaz wrote...
lol its this attitude that gets these dudes in trouble, you are not talking shit but your calling people from az fags? you sir are a retard.

Is it that hard to notice?
catfish wrote...
Just a couple weeks ago there was a mother who strangled and tortured her 2 year old stepson in her basement.

Oh yeah, GOD BLESS AMERICA. The country of friendly fuck-ups.