The speech Barry-O needs to make.

Pages 12Next
Now, I'm not too fond of Barak Obama. I used to be optimistic...but now...(sigh).
Seriously, isn't this the stuff he actually used to stand for, the platform his campaign was built on? [shakes head].

Obama made to many promises and he can't seem to keep up with any of them.
I really wish this was true, especially about the health care and taxes.
He was not ready for office nor was he ready for the savage nature of politics.

He walked in expecting something completely different. Compliance, obedience, civility or whatever he had expected turned out to be a pack of very hungry and pissed off wolves.

On a side note: He has done at least 1 thing I agree with. He's helping us build more nuclear plants. At least everybody on both sides of the aisle can agree "he wasn't a total waste".

On the greater scheme of things. It doesn't look too good for ole Barry-O at the moment. Especially with the results of the recent CNN poll.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/02/16/rel4a.pdf
And I just realized something too.

What happens after the economic crisis fluff dies down, and Obama turns his attention to gun control.

Barack Obama
Eric Holder
"King Dick" Daley
Diane Fenstien

They're all in the same bed. In a couple years, when they can unleash themselves upon our great nation, it's not going to be an easy fight.
sv51macross wrote...

What happens after the economic crisis fluff dies down, and Obama turns his attention to gun control.

Hope the tea party sends them a clear message of "Obey us (the people) or our next revolution will be more than just a political one."
Fiery_penguin_of_doom wrote...
sv51macross wrote...

Hope the tea party sends them a clear message of "Obey us (the people) or our next revolution will be more than just a political one."

Yeah, if it weren't for the strong agreement with SCOTUS's last decision, i might join them myself.

He walked in expecting something completely different. Compliance, obedience, civility or whatever he had expected turned out to be a pack of very hungry and pissed off wolves.

This, is the very reason why he is losing and there is a slim chance of hope that he'll turn this fight in his favor. There are just too many he's tackling on and the corporate giants have too much power to deal with him. Many presidents and political figures have turned away from gun control because they were either bribed or feared their positions will be endangered; the same goes with health corporations. I didn't see any hope(how ironic) into changing these crappy traditions and the more he taxes on the rich, the more they retaliate by either buying their way out or moving elsewhere. Sadly he is a intelligent man and also have good intentions but he has inherited too much blunders and shame from his predecessor. All this and we're still in the middle of a pointless war.
Tribly wrote...
This, is the very reason why he is losing and there is a slim chance of hope that he'll turn this fight in his favor. There are just too many he's tackling on and the corporate giants have too much power to deal with him. Many presidents and political figures have turned away from gun control because they were either bribed or feared their positions will be endangered; the same goes with health corporations. I didn't see any hope(how ironic) into changing these crappy traditions and the more he taxes on the rich, the more they retaliate by either buying their way out or moving elsewhere. Sadly he is a intelligent man and also have good intentions but he has inherited too much blunders and shame from his predecessor. All this and we're still in the middle of a pointless war.

You also forgot the infighting in his own party between the moderates and the extremists. They had a super majority they could have rammed through whatever they pleased but, the Democratic party starting infighting. The extremists wanted too much and weren't willing to compromise with the blue dogs. (The people wanted health care reform. Not an industry nationalization). I could go on but, it's a long list.
Tribly wrote...

You also forgot the infighting in his own party between the moderates and the extremists. They had a super majority they could have rammed through whatever they pleased but, the Democratic party starting infighting. The extremists wanted too much and weren't willing to compromise with the blue dogs. (The people wanted health care reform. Not an industry nationalization). I could go on but, it's a long list.

I'm not implying anything here, but after seeing the recent news of politicians "suddenly" retire or switch sides, I wonder if they're bribed. I don't recall their names but one governor became the new republican that turned the tides against the democrats and now I think a week ago, a democrat retired after Obama tried to persuade him not to; he looked pretty damn young too. Just my 2 cents.
Tribly wrote...
I'm not implying anything here, but after seeing the recent news of politicians "suddenly" retire or switch sides, I wonder if they're bribed. I don't recall their names but one governor became the new republican that turned the tides against the democrats and now I think a week ago, a democrat retired after Obama tried to persuade him not to; he looked pretty damn young too. Just my 2 cents.

It's an interesting idea but, I'm not sure how much merit to give it. Though I wouldn't put it past the vermin in Washington to be guilty of accept bribes and other corruption. The current mentality that is floating around is they are jumping ship because they fear a backlash from the general population (i.e. distancing themselves from those who raise the ire of the masses).
RALPH NADER 2012!!!
I think people are giving Obama too hard a time. What President has ever fulfilled his promises?

At least Bush isn't still in office. Why can't we all be thankful for that? Really, I'm not so much upset at people bitching about Obama as I am them acting as if he isn't doing a much better job than the retard we had before.
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
ShaggyJebus wrote...
I think people are giving Obama too hard a time. What President has ever fulfilled his promises?

At least Bush isn't still in office. Why can't we all be thankful for that? Really, I'm not so much upset at people bitching about Obama as I am them acting as if he isn't doing a much better job than the retard we had before.

I think there was more at stake this election though. People were more desperate, because they were losing jobs, losing homes, and really wanted change. People were sick of the way things were and Obama was that change people wanted. People were in awe at the idea of the first black president in a "white man's" office, and he took the role as a political figure of someone who was also fed up with the way things were turning and wanted to bring change to the nation. He was someone coming in from outside the beltway. He wasn't just another Washington insider.

People weren't just voting for a president at that point, people were looking for hope, and Obama was the man who had his hand out promising to bring change and so forth.

People don't like it when they have hope in something and then nothing is delivered. In my opinion Obama was too full of himself during the elections and took advantage of the state people were in and got them to vote by their emotions rather than the merit of his policies - and then the policies he did have such as "Free healthcare!" and "The troops are coming home!" which caught the attention of millions of people who were affected by the war or affected financially by lack of health care.

In the past, people typically walked into a voting booth check marking the D or the R. This time they were pinning their hopes on Obama's promises because they were desperate and now are growing resentful that he hasn't delivered what they truly wanted.
Eh, I don't care that much about politics either way. But one thing that bothers me is how the president always receives either too much blame or too much credit.

Obama isn't the king of America, and to blame things on him as if he is in complete control of the direction America can go in is stupid. Same is true for Bush, to say that he is the reason things are so bad that Obama can't fix them is stupid. There are 3 branches of government with THOUSANDS of elected or appointed officails working on the Federal level alone. They are not powerless cronies that have no say.

The success or failure's of America aren't on Obama or Bush alone or even mostly. The responsiblity lies with all levels of government, and more importantly (and the one people never seem to mention), with the American people themselves. To place your bets on one man is stupid, and even more stupid to get mad when he can't deliever on everything he attempts to do.

Like I already said, the president isn't a King.
neko-chan wrote...
Eh, I don't care that much about politics either way. But one thing that bothers me is how the president always receives either too much blame or too much credit.

Obama isn't the king of America, and to blame things on him as if he is in complete control of the direction America can go in is stupid. Same is true for Bush, to say that he is the reason things are so bad that Obama can't fix them is stupid. There are 3 branches of government with THOUSANDS of elected or appointed officails working on the Federal level alone. They are not powerless cronies that have no say.

The success or failure's of America aren't on Obama or Bush alone or even mostly. The responsiblity lies with all levels of government, and more importantly (and the one people never seem to mention), with the American people themselves. To place your bets on one man is stupid, and even more stupid to get mad when he can't deliever on everything he attempts to do.

Like I already said, the president isn't a King.

Very good point that doesn't get made very often.

I want to say something more, but I just can't think of anything good to add.
never liked obama
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/02/16/rel4a.pdf

Mighty amusing seeing that approval rating drop. It's like they figured out that your skin color doesn't mean you're not full of shit.
Shouldn't this be in the serious discussion thread?
Tribly wrote...
Shouldn't this be in the serious discussion thread?

That's kinda what I thought too...Didn't think the thread wouldn't degenerate.
Pages 12Next