Dominant or submissive?

Are you the dominant or submissive one in your relationships?

Total Votes : 37
I mean this in two ways: emotionally and sexually; you have to explain for which one (or both) that you are answering. If you are dominant, you decide where to go, what to do, are more outspoken, the "pants" of the relationship. Submissive is the opposite. Why do you prefer to be dominant/submissive?

Has there ever been an exception where you weren't?

edit: I should mention that I'm usually sexually dominant. I initiate sex when I want sex. Emotionally, I'm dominant but very relaxed. I only take control when it seems like things are going nowhere. Otherwise, I really just don't care.
I am both emotionally and sexually submissive... >w>
kaishu wrote...

Do you enjoy it?
I've always been the pants in my relationships, but the truth is, I love to be dominated.
I remember this one time I was in a classroom alone with my current lover, and I was complaining about his whiskers, and he just threw me up against the wall, pinned me there, and rubbed face all over mine. Nobody had ever taken the steps to try and physically dominate me before (I don't know why, I'm a tiny little Asian girl) so it really took me by surprise. But I was so ridiculously turned on by it.
film_orange wrote...
kaishu wrote...

Do you enjoy it?

Yeah, and being a guy... people tend to find that strange. XD
I dunno, having not been in a relationship before, but as a male, I think I would be dominant. If I were a woman though...I would be slightly submissive emotionally. In the bedroom though, I would be a pure sub/slut/sex-slave.

Spoiler:

I know that sounds like crass trolling, but really it's just me being direct and concise about my feelings. Really.
Sexually I am definitely dominant. Emotionally I am sort of in between, since I like to take charge, but I also like it if I do not have to decide everything my self.
I'm dominate BUT all my previous relationships were bad. After the intial infatuation I usually thought my boyfriends were losers. It took my current beau to realize that I like to be dominated. That is why I think we get along so well - we are in a constant battle to dominate each other and enjoy the other person's attempts to the other back.
I'm a guy; I'm not dominant, but nor am I submissive. I don't control her, but I don't let her control me. Although that doesn't mean there aren't rules to this relationship.

But because of my pride, in public, I would have to seem dominant.
I always end up being submissive even though I'm the guy. It's like reverse S&M. Well not really, I haven't got myself of a girlfriend yet.
I guess I'm more than a bit submissive, both emotionally and sexually, even if the latter is just what I would prefer.

Being controlled sometimes just feels easier and more natural to me than making decissions on my own. I make friends easier with bossy and and even overprotective types than the silent ones, and I have no problem with them telling me for example what to order in restaurant or what to wear.

The enjoyable part in it is the positive feedback you get when following orders/wishes correctly. Yup, it's good.
A little bit of both, in both cases.
I'm neither all submissive nor dominant and I don't think that many are. Relationships are all about give and take since it's(Mostly) not a slave/master relation.

Sexually I tend to be a bit more submissive, but that doesn't mean I'd let her do whatever she wants with me.

Emotionally it's more the opposite. I tend to push my ideas and feelings a bit, but it's not like I'm gonna run all over her and hit her with the back of my hand if she does something I don't like.
I like the third choice. I'm submissive at first but I'm actually dominant.
lol i remember i made one of this.....

ok im both in accordance to the gal
I mostly am submissive I guess, but I don't mind having the upper hand now and then. A little change always does wonders.
Emotionally, I would consider myself her absolute equal. We're both very finicky, and both very used to walking on glass, so there's a kind of natural equilibrium between us at this point. It hasn't always been that way. Due to my biography, I used to be extremely self-effacing in the beginning, and in consequence submissive, but through her hard work (and a bit of my own), that has changed and it is a debt I can never hope to repay to her in full.

Sexually, I am almost absolutely submissive. People often jump to the conclusion that this spells BDSM, but it doesn't; I find S&M appalling. She gets off on being in control, and seeing her hot and bothered like that turns me on, too. Simple as that.
Also, as time progressed, I found that I simply enjoy being taken and made to feel good by my woman, and the feeling of completely surrendering myself to her is a turn-on of its own. 's all about trust, you know?
Usually the only time where I'm dominant in bed is when I eat her out, where roles are naturally reversed.
I'm emotionally submissive and sexually dominant.

This does not mean that I enjoy spanking and force her to throat gag on me, but I tend to get bored by sex if you do not experiment with it a bit, so I usually take the lead so that it doesn't turn out dull and repetitive.

Emotionally submissive just means that I prefer to be hit on rather than start the flirting myself.
I'm submissive, but for some reason almost every girl I have been with has been the same. Only five weren't. Two were nymphomaniacs, two were abusive, and the other was very enthusiastic when it came to our relationship.

Even though the rest were submissive like me since I was a guy they would always leave me to make all the decisions, which I thought was stupid since I didn't know what they wanted to do and they never told me. So I love being with dominant women since they know what they want, but I'm tired of abusive women.

Sexually: Submissive at first until I get carried away then I focus only on feeling instead of thinking.

Emotionally: ...holy shit...it's the same thing as above...go figure.
Normally, I can go either way...

I chose the 3rd option because if she wants something, I'll usually give it to her without question. But on the other hand, if I want something, I go for it without a second thought. I think relationships are just give and take types of deals. If she wants something, I give it; but if I want something, I get it.

I guess for me it'll depend on the girl. I don't really mind either way, but most likely I'll end up a whipped husband one day - which is fine by me as long as I don't get abused for listening.