Now third! (Antivirus Vista 2010)

The first time, it was Antivirus Vista 2010. Now, it's Vista Internet security, and I had to do the same damn dance to get rid of it. Malewarebytes is still running, per the link below, but, what I want to know is;

Is there any way to prevent this from happening again?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-vista-2010

(see my fourth post)
What sites are you going to? Use some common sense, and think about what the site you're going to is (if you don't trust it already).

if you get it from a torrent download or regular download look at the comments and such.

that's the easiest way to avoid things like this (and yeah I've gotten the same thing once before)
Yeah...upon retrospect...

I think I know where not to go anymore, and what not to do. I was at the time wondering if this was possibly a hole in Vista, but your comment made me realize that it was my fault. Lesson learned, area charted as 'off limits'.
Tegumi "im always cute"
Firefox -> Noscript.
When torrenting, read comments. If there are many negatives, do not grab.
If you are really concerned if a download might be risky, setup a virtual linux box (i.e. ubuntu in VMWare or Virtualbox), and download the file from there. If there are any suspicious exe's/dlls/you name it, then you know it's probably not safe.

Otherwise, you get the picture. I've been a victim of such malware (though not as serious), and I've learned my lesson too.
Rothen wrote...
If you are really concerned if a download might be risky, setup a virtual linux box (i.e. ubuntu in VMWare or Virtualbox), and download the file from there. If there are any suspicious exe's/dlls/you name it, then you know it's probably not safe.

Otherwise, you get the picture. I've been a victim of such malware (though not as serious), and I've learned my lesson too.

Yeah, like I said, I've realized the pattern to avoid and [hopefully] it's not happening again.
Good fuckkity god! I swear on my dead grandmother's grave I did not download anything nearly suspicious. Aside from some pics in the nosebleeds section and pics from Big Boobs Alert I downloaded NOTHING! I went NOWHERE I thought could trigger this, and yet again, it reappeared. I'm going to repeat the removal process, but seriously, why is it doing this?
Related, immediately before [Vista Smart Security 2010) popped-up, AVG said that it detected a threat, I don't remember the infected file but it said it was a 'Liberty Exploit Kit (1048)'. Anyone have any clue?

The only possible thing I can imagine doing this was either something remained hidden on my HD or
Spoiler:

I noticed that, while reading a piece of fanfic posted on Jessica Elwood's DevArt page, that there were continual loadings going on...perhaps DevArt is infected?

[EDIT:] Just finished the scan and Malewarebytes found no malicious infections. "Vista Smart Security 2010" Is still on my computer. I was using the same .exe files from yesterday, but they wouldn't need to have been updated, right? Or is it that the name has changed as as such the registry key .exe doesn't target it? Because the name is different than what appears in the original link I posted.

Please, I need help with this.
Tegumi "im always cute"
1.) Don't double post. If you do it again, I will delete your second post without warning.
2.) You probably didn't completely remove the Antivirus Vista 2010 (Or as I like to call it, generic gold-digging malware). Since removing it completely would be a bit lengthy to explain, I'll just tell you to use Combofix.
Tegumi wrote...
1.) Don't double post. If you do it again, I will delete your second post without warning.
2.) You probably didn't completely remove the Antivirus Vista 2010 (Or as I like to call it, generic gold-digging malware). Since removing it completely would be a bit lengthy to explain, I'll just tell you to use Combofix.

Sorry for DP'ing.

Well, this is interesting. I boot-up my computer this morning, and vuala! The malware is gone [none of the alerts or popups, no quick-start icon in the lower-right corner] or dormant.