Dakimakuras anyone?

Shashin I <3 dakimakura covers
Yeah, I just checked it out a bit today, and it seems like it will be pretty cool. I wonder if the stores will be more integrated now, or if we'll have the same issue with JP getting stuff before international customers do.
SuperNaturalFLCL wrote...
Shashin wrote...

I'm kinda bummed that Mandarake Nakano doesn't list their event items immediately on the international pages. The Liquid cover was available on their site before Comiket, because it sold at a side event only for companies, for 12k but it wasn't on the EN site. I saw it as soon as it went up, and it sold about 2-3 hours later. Nakano doesn't take requests to add event items to the EN page, but they typically add them a few days/weeks later, even if they're already sold out. With that said, the Blade cover is currently on the JP page at Nakano, so it should be added in a few days, hopefully.

Yeah I noticed that, was just waiting for it to transition over. Unfortunately looks like it did after it already sold out. Not sure how I feel about the overhaul yet, but some of the new features the new site offers is pretty nice.

Ah haven't checked here in a while.. that was me grabbing it, sorry! Though I did ask them to move it over the instant it appeared on the japanese site too - They (Nakano) sent me an e-mail when it was transferred to the english site and I bought it within 25mins of that I think.

Other covers I've been interested in have been going beyond my price range for how much I like them.. like the WIREFRAME and Shintaro covers. And some company covers which I'm not going for since I expect them to get web orders in future so not gonna pay a lot more on em now.

Did manage to pick up this one for only 10k though http://blog.埋もれる抱き枕er.jp/archives/11463
willowywicca wrote...
Shashin wrote...

I'm kinda bummed that Mandarake Nakano doesn't list their event items immediately on the international pages. The Liquid cover was available on their site before Comiket, because it sold at a side event only for companies, for 12k but it wasn't on the EN site. I saw it as soon as it went up, and it sold about 2-3 hours later. Nakano doesn't take requests to add event items to the EN page, but they typically add them a few days/weeks later, even if they're already sold out. With that said, the Blade cover is currently on the JP page at Nakano, so it should be added in a few days, hopefully.

Yeah I noticed that, was just waiting for it to transition over. Unfortunately looks like it did after it already sold out. Not sure how I feel about the overhaul yet, but some of the new features the new site offers is pretty nice.

Ah haven't checked here in a while.. that was me grabbing it, sorry! Though I did ask them to move it over the instant it appeared on the japanese site too - They (Nakano) sent me an e-mail when it was transferred to the english site and I bought it within 25mins of that I think.

Other covers I've been interested in have been going beyond my price range for how much I like them.. like the WIREFRAME and Shintaro covers. And some company covers which I'm not going for since I expect them to get web orders in future so not gonna pay a lot more on em now.

Did manage to pick up this one for only 10k though http://blog.埋もれる抱き枕er.jp/archives/11463

Ah I managed to grab the same cover, interesting that we both were looking for the same covers. Just looking for the elf cover in particular now and don't really have plans for any other C87 covers. I saw the new Wasabi cover up for 30k, but I'm not too sure about it.
willowywicca wrote...
Shashin wrote...

Heh, I debated sending Nakano an email about the cover, but the last time I did that (for Comiket last year I think), they replied that they wouldn't move event items over immediately. Then again, this was before we talked to that one guy in store and he said if we ever want stuff moved over to email them, so maybe they changed their policy concerning event items a bit. Oh well, I managed to pick her up for 15k so I can't really complain about the price. If Baseson puts her up for sale in a few weeks, maybe I'll pick up a second copy, along with the other covers I wanted but haven't picked up yet.

And good deal on the Shimoyake cover. I debated whether I wanted it or not, even at the lower price. I really like their art style, but the character isn't really doing it for me. I really debated picking up the sheet they had, but for 20k and it not being that NSFW, I passed on it.

I'm still debating on the Wasabi cover - I kept missing out on it when it was listed for 22k, because it would almost immediately sell out. 30k is definitely more than I want to pay for it (I debated even buying the Clesta cover, but I think it's worth it), but I do still really want it.

Ah I managed to grab the same cover, interesting that we both were looking for the same covers. Just looking for the elf cover in particular now and don't really have plans for any other C87 covers. I saw the new Wasabi cover up for 30k, but I'm not too sure about it.

Yeah indeed, though it's probably related to the fact there's really not that many nice covers this comiket to choose from (imo).

Shashin wrote...

Heh, I debated sending Nakano an email about the cover, but the last time I did that (for Comiket last year I think), they replied that they wouldn't move event items over immediately. Then again, this was before we talked to that one guy in store and he said if we ever want stuff moved over to email them, so maybe they changed their policy concerning event items a bit. Oh well, I managed to pick her up for 15k so I can't really complain about the price. If Baseson puts her up for sale in a few weeks, maybe I'll pick up a second copy, along with the other covers I wanted but haven't picked up yet.

And good deal on the Shimoyake cover. I debated whether I wanted it or not, even at the lower price. I really like their art style, but the character isn't really doing it for me. I really debated picking up the sheet they had, but for 20k and it not being that NSFW, I passed on it.

I'm still debating on the Wasabi cover - I kept missing out on it when it was listed for 22k, because it would almost immediately sell out. 30k is definitely more than I want to pay for it (I debated even buying the Clesta cover, but I think it's worth it), but I do still really want it.

They did still wait a few days before moving it to the english site, but that may have just been due to them just having a huge backlog of e-mails atm due to the comiket rush. It does seem quite likely that baseson will put her up for a web order soon, so if it had been any higher than it was at mandarake I'd have waited for that instead but 12k is a fine price for it since it'll probably be 11k at web order (due to tax) and then local shipping fee/proxy etc..

First Shimoyake cover I saw went for 14k, and I was kinda regretting not bidding on it when no other copies were visible for a few days.. but this time I did luck out and my patience was rewarded, when a new one popped up and surprisingly nobody bid against me on it (given there were 3 bidders on the first one).
Happy New Year!
What's been going down 'round these parts? I miss much?
Kobun_SLF wrote...
Happy New Year!

Hey Kobun, good to see you! Happy new year!

Not missed too much I think, it's been fairly quiet here for some time, though comiket has sprung us back to life a bit again! Speaking of which, I'm currently planning to try and attend Comiket 89 (December 2015) if anyone else is planning to be in Japan around that time and wants to meet up!
willowywicca wrote...
Kobun_SLF wrote...
Happy New Year!

Not missed too much I think, it's been fairly quiet here for some time, though comiket has sprung us back to life a bit again! Speaking of which, I'm currently planning to try and attend Comiket 89 (December 2015) if anyone else is planning to be in Japan around that time and wants to meet up!

I would love to go, but I doubt I'll get serious enough about saving this year to be able to afford it. >_>

Also, looks like the Wireframe cover will be getting a mail order: https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/detail.php?product_id=117537
Shashin wrote...
willowywicca wrote...
Kobun_SLF wrote...
Happy New Year!

I would love to go, but I doubt I'll get serious enough about saving this year to be able to afford it. >_>

Also, looks like the Wireframe cover will be getting a mail order: https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/detail.php?product_id=117537

Yeah I saw that.. after winning an auction for it at 16k lol ;< oh well, I get it a few months earlier at least!
willowywicca wrote...
Shashin wrote...
willowywicca wrote...
Kobun_SLF wrote...
Happy New Year!

Yeah I saw that.. after winning an auction for it at 16k lol ;< oh well, I get it a few months earlier at least!

And you got it for a more than reasonable price, considering the mail order is 14k. Depending on the proxy you used, it could have ended up being more expensive to special order it, so not a bad deal at all, I'd say.
Kobun_SLF wrote...
Happy New Year!

Happy new years! It's been relatively quiet here, and I've been hanging around the Dakimakuras page on reddit as a result. I do swing by here every now and then to see if anything is up.

I'm not entirely sold on the Wireframe cover yet, but seeing as I can piggy-back it on Toranoana with the Tony cover makes it tempting. Guess I'll have to see what web orders are coming this week, as I already have my eyes on Syroh's cover via Stylus.
MrTickTock Vanguard of NTR
My first Daki has just arrived in the mail today. Its of Riven from League of Legends. I love it, really nice quality, now i just need to get a body pillow that is big enough, in good time.
Waiting on confirmation from Mandarake, but I've potentially scored some rare Yasuomi-Craft covers in glorious P80 2WT.
MrTickTock wrote...
My first Daki has just arrived in the mail today. Its of Riven from League of Legends. I love it, really nice quality, now i just need to get a body pillow that is big enough, in good time.

My Ahri and Musubi daki cases arrived about two weeks before the pillows came - just finally got those in yesterday.

Started to have enough dakis that I need to rotate them out now...
Shashin wrote...
Waiting on confirmation from Mandarake, but I've potentially scored some rare Yasuomi-Craft covers in glorious P80 2WT.

I KNEW that was you that got those. I just knew it! ;P
Yeah, I had to scrap my trip this year, but I managed to save my miles, so DEFINITELY this December for sure! On a rather depressing note, I may be moving in with my GF soon. Depressing in the sense that my daki collecting will come to a major halt. Other than that, it should be interesting.
Kobun_SLF wrote...
Shashin wrote...

I KNEW that was you that got those. I just knew it! ;P
Yeah, I had to scrap my trip this year, but I managed to save my miles, so DEFINITELY this December for sure! On a rather depressing note, I may be moving in with my GF soon. Depressing in the sense that my daki collecting will come to a major halt. Other than that, it should be interesting.

Haha, I'm just happy I managed to catch them. I got a text alert when they came in stock but was super tired so I ignored it until I woke up a few hours later. To my surprise, all 6 covers were still in stock. I bought 4/6 instantly and then looked up the sample images for them. I then added another to my cart and requests that one of the previous order be removed. The store sent me confirmation for my first order but hasn't responded to the second order yet. Either way, I'd keep an eye out if you're interested, since there's a possibility one of the Illya covers might be in stock again.

They also added one of the covers that has long been a grail of mine. I've wanted a copy of the blonde chick covered in semen for awhile now, but have never been able to find a copy of that version. They have one, but I don't know if I could afford it right now when I already have 80-100k worth of orders to pay for and I already have two copies of the normal version.

That's a bummer about your trip. I should be getting a new job soon myself, so hopefully I'll have the chance to save a bit extra. I doubt I'll be able to make a trip this year, but who knows, it doesn't hurt to aim high.
During my trip to fukuoka two weeks ago I found at least 6 anko's covers with the price less than 10k yen in mandarake. Immediately snagged half of them. Thought it was a gamble because the prices were unthinkably low especially the Marisa one (5k yen). But all the fabrics were all genuine P80 2W roika with no noticeable scratch.

Shimoyake's bed sheet price goes down in half and is currently staying at base price again. Still debating whether to get it or not since I spent a lot during my last trip.
Also planned to attend Reitaisai11 and C88, still debating for C89.
Oh shit, nice deal, man. Yeah stuff like that doesn't even hit the website sometimes. Was probably "damaged" stuff with minor/unnoticeable damage to either the cover or the bag. Those are always the best deals when they hit the website, but they go fast. Which others did you get?
Shashin wrote...
Oh shit, nice deal, man. Yeah stuff like that doesn't even hit the website sometimes. Was probably "damaged" stuff with minor/unnoticeable damage to either the cover or the bag. Those are always the best deals when they hit the website, but they go fast. Which others did you get?

I got anko's cardcaptor sakura cover for 8k. This one was also a gamble since I saw there were three variant of the fabrics : suede, 2WT and vera (never heard of the last one). Yet another miracle it was 2WT.
The last one is someone from smile precure at 5k. I'm still having problem searching this in dakiblog. The fabric should be 2WT as usual.
The other covers I saw were Homura from madoka magica (P80 / 10k), Asuza from K-on (Unknown/ 8.5k) plus two others which I couldn't recognized.
I would say that was the best deal I ever saw in mandarake visiting experience. It was really a shame I decided to went there in the last day so I didn't have much money left or else I would have bought almost or all of those without a second thought.

I was prepared for any damage since it would still be a good deal at this price. Have been using marisa cover and sakura cover for one week and still couldn't find one. Maybe should mention that all of them were double wrapped so the bags might be damaged. The covers is more than fine though.

Really happy with this. What you guys mentioned before were true. Living in japan has granted me a really good opportunity for dakimakura collection. Two years ago I couldn't imagine myself owning anko's and mark's cover at all. The bad part is ,well, that I need proxy connection to access fakku.net
i like dakimuras just havent had the chance to get one just yet,
since shipping is complicated, but it would be a good idea to buy
the pillow and then just the cases, to sleep with a different one every night