How many times have you gone to an anime convention?

How many times have you gone to an anime convention?

Total Votes : 5,244
Been to Akon in Dallas 3 times, never really been to any other anime conventions, a couple gaming conventions though.
i've actually never been to one yet.

i live close to where acen is held though, so i may go there a couple times in the next few years
zabimaru12 wrote...
I'd actually like to go sometime,
I live in the Canada Ontario area, can anyone recommend any good places?

Depending on how far your willing to travel and your money situation I can't recommend Youmacon more in Detroit, Michigan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youmacon

http://www.youmacon.com/

I go every year and every year it grows and grows, last year had over 10,000 people.
I really want to go to an anime convention but my only problems are money and my damned motion sickness....
Honeslty, NEVER, because it's really rare to see an Anime convention in my country.
I've been to two. Three once August comes around. Animethon 19 in Edmonton. Going to be fun!
I've never been to one and dont plan to go at anytime in the near or far future mainly because I'm not a super hardcore fan of any anime because I cant see any kind of anime because I have Comcast and have to watch on-demand and it rarely if not ever gives me the full season.
My country does not have any anime convention
if i have change, I would like to be there.
5... not big ones tough
I've only been to one, but it was a lot of fun and I plan to go to more of them.
I've only been to 1 =[
I've been going to Otakon in Baltimore since '06, mainly because its local but because I view myself as an anime enthusiast, I feel not going would be an insult to anime fans around the world.

I want to broaden my horizons but as stated, travel is expensive! I only make 20k a year and I would hate to go to one by myself and not have the time of my life. =x
Went to one. It was boring as fuck. Just mindless consumerism...

Maybe I'm just mad becuase I couldn't get laid.
Went to A-kon in 2010 and just went to Katsucon over a week ago. I do plan on going to Otakon and AnimeUSA this year.

The irony: I lived close enough to go to MechaCon until last year, but my money situ was a B.
Never been, "DAME-IT", but when I do go to one it will be awesome.
I've been to Comiket, and comiket only 5 times.
All other conventions are shit compared to Comiket imo.
There are very rare Anime cons here in germany. But I dont miss the japan day in Duesseldorf (Düsseldorf).
Whenever there's a anime convention around where I live, I always happen to be out of the area. I plan on going to one sometime soon to see what it's like.
Sabers Praetor Unlimited Lewd Works
going to animefest aug. 31st - sept. 3rd will be my first con
Sadly only been to three so far... but I'm going to Kirakiracon this weekend of March 3rd