What's your favorite anime this season?

Pages Prev123456Next

What's your favorite anime this season?

Total Votes : 2,903
I haven't watched anything new from this season.... And last season I only watched SAO...
I'm lost my interest in anime it seems, judging from how little I've watched in the past 2 years compared to before that.
shawurai needs more yuri
FSN UBW
Amagi Brilliant Park is good too but the animation quality in FSN is far better.
I'm only following a handful of airing shows this season because I have way too much on my backlog to start picking more from the current season.

Log Horizon Season 2 gets an honorable mention because I really like the series but I can't fucking stand how DEEN has been completely shitting over the visuals. I mean, the production value of Season 1 wasn't even that high to begin with, but what the hell happened to go from a fairly underdog studio such as Satelight to the notorious visual-fecal-factory that is DEEN? That studio has a greater need for a QC division than the Steam frontpage.

Shirobako is very interesting and informative and I see it as the anime equivalent of Bakuman.

The "Big 3" for me this season are definitely Parasyte, Bahamut and UBW and I'm very torn choosing between those 3.

Parasyte really gets me to the edge of my seat and it's really refreshing to watch a Horror/Thriller show once in a while since I usually don't do that.
On a technical level, this one is the weakest out of the three though.

Bahamut is just mad fun to watch, there was not a single episode so far where I wasn't watching with a huge grin on my face. Also, having very high production value helps a lot.

I'm a big sucker for production value, so UBW simply takes the cake here. Though I'm already familiar with the source material, so there isn't really much I can look forward to each week aside from the adaptation itself, since I already know the entire story. Voted for UBW simply because I love the source material and this adaptation turned out to hold the highest production value in 2D animation I've ever seen.
Akame ga Kill deserves more love. Even if it often leaves me sobbing and curled into a ball.
Honestly I just wanna read some Akame Ga Kill hentai
AssasinZAssasin Not Hentai Protagonist
So many of them are good, I really can't decide...

That last option was interesting, though.
Sailor Moon Crystal. Sailor Moon will always hold a special place in my heart for being the first anime I ever saw. Some of my earliest memories are from watching it in the late 90s. Those Canadian accents. Even predates Pokémon for me, and I saw the premier episode on the day it debuted.
Parasyte, Terraformars, Madan no ou to vanadis, log horizon 2, Shingeki no bahamut
Those five are my favorite

Since anime with main genre "comedy", "slice of life" and "romance" aren't much to my liking (I prefer action/adventure, SF and fantasy as main genre), I'm guessing I my be missing some nice ones, but I'm OK with that

Sword Art Online 2??? Aside from the fights, it's shit. Aincrad arc was the best, GGO was nice... but they had to make trap that can't tell someone that he has a GF even though they are basically H & W; and Klein and the other girls aside from Asuna & Sinon (and Suguha) are USELESS, they are hollow characters no better than NPCs...
I'll give you one guess.
Garo: Honoo no Kokuin and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

It's so hard to pick.
Mushi shi for me as I do not know what direction each episode will go or what new stories it will tell; the only things I do know is that each episode will be interesting, and the art work will be beautiful.
i voted SAO2 it was a tough call tho because i really like akme ga kill and teraformars is like an anime version of starship troopers... but on mars and without the "join the galactic army" ads... also watch parasite but thats nowhere near these other 3.
Xillia Full Time Waifu.
Aw man it was hard to choose.

Chose Akame for the waifu in the end though.
Time2Fap wrote...
TheGrayLine wrote...
Pretty weak lineup to me and does anyone else feel the sao was only good in the first ark

Well, that's because these three episodes were only a filler *arc (you spelled it wrong), you know, in the first sao season, they had 4 volumes of the novel to adapt, now they have 3 for the second season (because what comes after it is a long arc which would not fit into a two cour season, so, they prolonged the ggo arc (which is 2 volumes) a little to fit into more than 12 episodes, have the filler arc take 3,and put the mother's rosario arc, which is pretty amazing, in the end to fill those 24 episodes, so prepare to ride the feels train cuz you will not be dissapointed if you got goose bumbs and tears rushing

Having a good ark to end a season does not excuse boring ones inbetween
Mobile Suit Gundam-San. Each episode is 5 minutes of pure nerdtastic hilarity.
Akame ga kill for me.
PorygonPowah Genuine Lumberjack
How is Log horizon not note worthy enough to be on the list :/

Between that and the fact that I die a little on the inside every time I see SAO win a popularity pole, I won't bother voting I guess.

EDIT - Forgot about Mushishi, it gets all of my love. Won't let SAO get between me and Ginko. Shingeki no Bahamut is the funnest show I've watched in a while, UBW is everything I wanted out of a VN adaptation, Your lie in April is wonderful for anyone who enjoys classical music, and Parasyte is fucked up in the best way. So much good stuff, no time to let the average keep me down!
Why no Trinity Seven? The MC there isn't like most harem MC's. He's straightforward, not dense and he's quite strong too.
Gonna have to go with akame ga kill followed closely by fate/stay night :D
Pages Prev123456Next