Data Zero Valkyrie Forces CO
Rbz wrote...

Dumb:
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/5gVghQT.jpg

Is it me or that face is FUBAR?

I get a vibe of "I will kill you in your sleep :)"
> customizable weapons
> customizable armor (patch armor pieces)
> customizable power armor
> sniping

It's all I ever wanted.
http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-companions/

Looks like Fallout 4 was just a cover name for the new Mass Effect 4. Bioware abandoned the usual setting and went with post-apocalyptic wasteland. No wonder the dialogue system looked familiar.

There'll be lots of fucking.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
Rbz wrote...
http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-companions/

Looks like Fallout 4 was just a cover name for the new Mass Effect 4. Bioware abandoned the usual setting and went with post-apocalyptic wasteland. No wonder the dialogue system looked familiar.

There'll be lots of fucking.

Polyamory when?
Bethesda...

Why you rip away my hope piece by piece that FO4 will be a good game?
Rbz wrote...

And...I'm from Day 1 buy to wait and see.
I still have The FALLOUT 4 HYPE oh and they also released the Fallout Shelter, although it's not good but it's something to pass the time while waiting for the game. I surely hope that this game ain't a flop. I feel if I get hyped over something it tends to suck lol
Game of the year material:

Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/ueMTHxj.jpg

Me hate news. You give bottle cap. Me like news. Don't even need low int to play a retard.
Rbz wrote...
Game of the year material:

Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/ueMTHxj.jpg

Me hate news. You give bottle cap. Me like news. Don't even need low int to play a retard.

Funny.

*edit*

Fallout 4 PC Discs Don't Contain Full Data, Partial Steam Download Required

Okay.... So, even if i buy a physical copy, i still have to download?

Whats the point of the disks then?
This shit is being passed around and it reveals more about the new progression system: http://www.rpg-gaming.com/fo4.html.

Skills weren't eliminated, they were absorbed. They were eaten by the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system, which is now the main method of specializing a character, giving access to perks that enhance what the char does. The game treats every attribute as a skill in and of itself. Bethesda is in a race with Bioware to create the most casualized, watered-down, accessible to the lowest common retard character customization system while still being able to call their game "RPG."

All that being said, I'm not suffering any cognitive dissonance from the knowledge that I'll be getting a PS4 copy delivered on release day. I believe this game, like Skyrim, is built like casual shit for a broad audience of casuals for the sake of mass market appeal, but like Skyrim it will also be decent enough to allow for lengthy entertainment, beating back feelings of buyer's remorse with the value provided.

Also, I already made plans:

S 10 (start with 3)
P 8 (sw 4)
E 7 (sw 3)
C 10 (sw 6)
I 6 (sw 6)
A 5 (sw 5)
L 4 (sw 1)

Luck and agility are shit, while the perks for strength and charisma are neato. It also seems like the triggered crit bullshit is a luck perk. At least one aspect of ruining how the game should work is up to the player.
Some very interesting points have been expressed but I will still buy the game day one.

I saw some live gameplay on Live from PlayStation and it seems pretty decent.
Got it through the black flag.

First response.

Seems to be lacking.....

Have not pinpointed exactly what but it leaves me hollow.

Must be the lack of options....

*edit'

And i just removed it from my PC.

Ain't gonna buy this.
Data Zero wrote...

Shit writing, a retarded dialogue system and a casualized progression system. Otherwise it's pretty good. Gunplay is reminiscent of Far Cry 4, meaning it's good and satisfying. Even better because of the customization. Not GOTY, because Witcher 3 exists, but it's fun and engaging nonetheless. It's definitely better than Fallout 3 in about every respect except in dialogue mechanics. Compared to Fallout New Vegas, it's not as clear. Better aesthetic, graphics, and gameplay, but Fallout 4 can't compare to the writing and characterization of Obsidian. Obsidian also fixed the progression system Bethesda contrived.

I've played for at least 10 hours now and I can't remember a single thing that was said to me by anyone. Should've outsourced writing to Obsidian.
Rbz wrote...
Data Zero wrote...

Shit writing, a retarded dialogue system and a casualized progression system. Otherwise it's pretty good. Gunplay is reminiscent of Far Cry 4, meaning it's good and satisfying. Even better because of the customization. Not GOTY, because Witcher 3 exists, but it's fun and engaging nonetheless. It's definitely better than Fallout 3 in about every respect except in dialogue mechanics. Compared to Fallout New Vegas, it's not as clear. Better aesthetic, graphics, and gameplay, but Fallout 4 can't compare to the writing and characterization of Obsidian. Obsidian also fixed the progression system Bethesda contrived.

I've played for at least 10 hours now and I can't remember a single thing that was said to me by anyone. Should've outsourced writing to Obsidian.

Good for you then. I lasted till power armor and fighting back the raiders.

I hope that the game gets better after you get power armor.

For me it went downhill faster...
Data Zero wrote...
I lasted till power armor and fighting back the raiders.

I hope that the game gets better after you get power armor.

For me it went downhill faster...

It's the scripted spectacle sequence shit done in CoD all over again. I like to think that since Bethesda knows they have an audience of casuals, they need to give them an introductory adrenaline rush so they don't get bored immediately. "Wow, I got power armor! OMG, Dogmeat! It's just like in the commercials!" After that moment is when the game really starts. You get more followers and establish a settlement. Fusion Cores are rare depending on how well you explore, so it won't be practical to never take off power armor. There will be more of the spectacle sequences, but their frequency depends on how closely you follow the main quest. Of course, this all assumes that the main quest is followed immediately.

I'm specializing in crafting, so I have a fuckton of materials and always need more, meaning exploration hasn't gotten boring yet. I'm always picking shit up. Also, I found a suit of power armor before the main quest gave me one. Shit was just standing next to a vertibird crash. It was missing armor over an arm and a leg, and was even missing the helmet, but was still functioning. Felt so good scavenging my own power armor and patching it up. I really wish the game didn't give one immediately via that quest.

In an RPG like this, or in the case of games with survival elements, I think progression happens in phases. First is my favorite phase: the hobo phase. You have nothing, and everything you can get your hobo hands on is valuable. Getting broken down power armor during the hobo phase is perfect. Then, as you accumulate more shit, you go into the middle class phase, where you have reliable weapons, decent equipment and are looking for the next greater thing as you sift through trash, most of which is ignored because your hobo days are a thing of the past. Then finally, in the last half of the game, you're in the rich fuck phase. You've got high tier equipment, a lot of money, and the game really has to put effort into killing you in order for there to be a thrill. Exploration isn't really fun anymore because you rarely get good shit.

What Bethesda did during the hobo phase, assuming you didn't explore for a while, was hand over power armor and a mini gun, which belongs more in the hands of a middle class fuck. It's like pre-order bonuses that give decent starting equipment and take all the fun out of the hobo phase.

So with all that said, the best advice to give people starting a new game is to ignore the main quest until middle class phase.
Rbz wrote...
Fusion Cores are rare depending on how well you explore, so it won't be practical to never take off power armor.

After around 20 fusion cores you stop caring and on Survival difficulty any armor the Lone Survivor is wearing might as well be a faulty condom for the Super mutants forcing their warty three headed dicks into your Vault-cherry asshole.

Rbz wrote...
What Bethesda did during the hobo phase, assuming you didn't explore for a while, was hand over power armor and a mini gun, which belongs more in the hands of a middle class fuck. It's like pre-order bonuses that give decent starting equipment and take all the fun out of the hobo phase.

So with all that said, the best advice to give people starting a new game is to ignore the main quest until middle class phase.

I found that the game is more fairly balanced in Survival/Hard mode meaning a group of Bloodbugs have no issue making my rusted power armor a can of spam. Also I've found next to no ammo for the minigun and combined with it's ammo inefficiency, I've found better results from precision weapons like a laser rifle.

I'm enjoying the depth of customization/exploration typical to a Fallout game and the reskins are phenomenal I love what they've done with the Mirelurk Hunter. RBZ is right about things being dumbed down significantly though, in particular the lack of civilization with meaningful NPCs(or civilization in general) is harrowing and the ones that do have NPCs might as well be abandoned. I feel a majority of areas require a degree of polish that is probably expected more from the modding community than the developers at this point.

Also scripted events are horseshite, I finished looting an armory with a suspiciously free set of power armor included, rounded back the way I cleared and a sentry bot came screaming death and fire around the corner. It was so funny I had a hard time getting mad, but loading my save fixed that.
WideEyedMan wrote...
I found that the game is more fairly balanced in Survival/Hard mode meaning a group of Bloodbugs have no issue making my rusted power armor a can of spam.

Except that's not congruent with the design decisions around the power armor itself. I love how Bethesda handle power armor here. Jumping off of buildings and then grunting upon causing an earthquake to teach those green skinned faggots what hulking out is all about never gets old. According to the lore, or how power armor has been presented in ye olde Fallout, people wearing it shouldn't be fucked with. Not unless you have a high caliber weapon or something that spews energy jizm. People who wear it are inherently more intimidating because they appear tough and fearless, and don't mind getting shot. Obama wouldn't need secret service if he had some proper fucking power armor. You'd see a lot more clapping from republicans during his state of the union address if he wore that shit. So the way they designed power armor here feels so much more true to how it should be than how it is in Fallout 3. Finally, it has the gravitas and intimidation factor it deserves. It's not supposed to be used perpetually to barely survive the hardest difficulty, it was designed to make you a walking tank, so on normal mode it's already balanced, because it behaves just as it should. Where Bethesda fucked up is in the amount of fusion cores thrown around. Not only did I spot Preston being given 5 fusion cores from grateful settlers, I found them in ammo boxes. That's the unbalanced element right there. I shouldn't be treating fusion cores like a commodity, but they sell for quite a bit. What the fuck do I care? As long as I have at least 5 I have no reason to not wear power armor as a second skin.

Related to this is my hate for Bethesda's lazy difficulty settings. Higher difficulty = more damaging damage sponges. Why do people like this? You played Witcher 3 on the highest setting and here you are again, as faithful to your masochism as ever, begging for a bigger dick. I will never understand how people tolerate the tedium of shooting at the same target for a good 5 minutes. It's nothing more than a chore. At least this time it's the normal difficulty that's sensible. Enemies die fast enough for the gunplay to feel satisfying and do enough damage to keep me on my toes. I will admit the game is extremely easy at the start when enemies are glass dolls, but at this point (I'm lvl 22), no power armor means anything above raiders on the food chain knows how to kill. I don't play on new game+ in any Borderlands game for the same reason: bore chore. When it comes to simplistic difficulty alteration, as far as I'm concerned, nothing beats the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. Higher difficulty means everything is fragile. I just love the more frantic, realistic nature of it. It's not a chore, it's survival of the fittest. It also means gun choice is less about statistics and more personal preference, making any gun a viable endgame weapon. Fun shit; master difficulty always recommended.

WideEyedMan wrote...
the reskins are phenomenal

a sentry bot came screaming death and fire around the corner

Bethesda's writing team is trash, but their artfags are brilliant. Other than the super mutants (their faces are too normal looking; need more disgusting mutations), every enemy is beautifully designed. The sentry bot impressed me the most. I compare everything to Fallout 3 designs, and sentry bots are perfect here. They're large, intimidating, and cold hard killers. If that shit orders you to move out of the way, then meatbag, you best fucking move. Just the amount of detail put into them is ridiculous. Pro tip for anyone starting the game, go east from the vault to get a personal sentry bot. When I told him to travel somewhere and it was revealed sentry bots had propulsion boosters right out of an Armored Core game, jerking off was marked off my to-do list. Also, dragons to Skyrim are deathclaws to Fallout 4.

Why was something as obvious as renaming settlers not present? Everyone's named fucking "Settler." I can name my 50% more limb damage pistol "Crotch Crippler," but can't name settlers I mistreat after people I hate? I shouldn't need a mod for this.

Spoiler:
Seriously, naming guns is the best.

Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/iLLaPYY.jpg
Rbz wrote...
Except that's not congruent with the design decisions around the power armor itself.

Well the thing is it's the rusted power armor and there was a legendary Bloodbug in there whose poison completely ignores armor values. I'm not sure how I would take my power armor being that strong when I'm only a fifth of my way into the game, because it is rusted power armor after all.

Rbz wrote...
You played Witcher 3 on the highest setting and here you are again, as faithful to your masochism as ever, begging for a bigger dick.

It's completely contrived and I absolutely despise the bullet sponginess but it feels unnatural playing on any difficulty besides the hardest. Also on Survival difficulty Legendary weapon spawns are increased. Besides around the 20th level I find I can readily deal with Legendary variants of most mobs now.

Rbz wrote...
I feel a majority of areas require a degree of polish that is probably expected more from the modding community than the developers at this point.

Immediately in my second session I discovered Goodneighbor, which was a fantastic attempt at Noir. Also in typical Bioware Bethesda fashion you can get lay with anything remotely attractive given enough scum saves.
WideEyedMan wrote...
NOT Rbz wrote...
I feel a majority of areas require a degree of polish that is probably expected more from the modding community than the developers at this point.

Immediately in my second session I discovered Goodneighbor, which was a fantastic attempt at Noir. Also in typical Bioware Bethesda fashion you can get lay with anything remotely attractive given enough scum saves.

You're talking to yourself. Also, Curie is mai waifu. I'm going to fuck her french accent hard.

Speaking of hard, I just upped the difficulty. Let's see how long it takes the game to realize I'm high level.
The game is overall enjoyable but exploring is kinda meh. I want more interesting locations and fixed unique weapons spawns. For the majority of time, the legendary goods are lackluster compared to what I already use. I also think that with fixed weapon spawns you can go and pick the stuff you want from the beginning. Like I would always go the Republic of Dave to get the Ol' Painless and Evergreen Hills to get the Terrible Shotgun.

I think the animations are great now (for the most part). Shooting off limbs feels great and satisfying. And the looting system is also much faster and better. That's about as much good as I can say about fallout 4.
Pages Prev1234Next