PSP 1000 VS Newer Models

Pages 12Next
I'm thinking of seeing how much I'd get for trading in my PSP at GameStop towards a newer model. I've read that the 1000 series has worse graphics than its successors, among other things that make it worse. However, I've also read that a lot of people think there's no reason for upgrading.

Opinions, Fakku? I'm thinking of getting a used 2000. Why should/shouldn't I?
Hmmmmm.... Well, in my opinion, I would stay with the 1000 models. A lot of them can be easily hackable to DL any game, as well as a better internet browser. It also feels a lot sturdier than that of the 2000 models, but sometimes the bulkiness of the 1000 models sometimes gets in the way when you want to put it in your jean pockets.

The 2000 models also have a brighter screen and not really a better screen resolution. In my opinion the 3000s have a really bright background light, and it's really annoying, and I find that the 2000s have probably the better balanced lighting over the 1000s and 3000s. The 2000s also have an extra 1/2 inch larger screen than that of the 1000s.

I really can't dictate on what you should or shouldn't get, but I hope this information will help you in choosing the best choice for yourself. Hopes this helps and good luck!

~Saka
sakabato24 wrote...
the bulkiness of the 1000 models sometimes gets in the way when you want to put it in your jean pockets.

The 2000 models also have a brighter screen and not really a better screen resolution.

Yeah, I hate my PSP being so bulky. I can't slide it into my pocket like I can my GBA or DS. The main reason I'm curious is because all of the accessories I'm finding that are awesome are made for the 3000.
Get PSP 2k.
Homebrew it.
Get free games.
???????????
Profit.

(If you don't know how to homebrew it, ask Kaimax.)
Kaimax Best Master-San
Joe-kun wrote...
sakabato24 wrote...
the bulkiness of the 1000 models sometimes gets in the way when you want to put it in your jean pockets.

The 2000 models also have a brighter screen and not really a better screen resolution.

Yeah, I hate my PSP being so bulky. I can't slide it into my pocket like I can my GBA or DS. The main reason I'm curious is because all of the accessories I'm finding that are awesome are made for the 3000.

the question is:
1. Would those accessories be useful, or will it end up as dust collectors.

the only accessory that I buy for my PSP, is a hard crystal Casing.

Graphics?
there's no "real" differences in that section. I have a 1000 and my friends have a 2000 and 3000, but we cannot see any difference in graphics. it's just that 2000 and 300 is obviously brighter (and it's not that significant to gaming)

Difference?
-Besides the obvious size. the only difference in those series is in the RAM. 1000 is 32, while 2000 and above is 64, and it doesn't stop me from playing Newer heavier games, like Kingdom Hearts.

Batteries?
1000 = 1800 mAh upgradeable to 2200
2000 = 1200 mAh upgradeable to 2200 (the same with 3000)

Do you think it's wise to put the PSP in your jeans pocket? it's obviously bigger than the NDS. PSPs are never meant to put it in your pocket.... Do you want your PSP to have scratches all over it? No, then don't put it in your pocket. Buy the pouch. I always put mine in a Bag, and its still breathing for 6 years.

Other stuff?
Connection
-the 1000 has IDRA besides wi-fi, while the 2000 and 3000 only has Wifi.

Microphone
-1000 doesn't have it, but honestly There's no game that needs a Microphone

in the end the question is
Do you want to brag about the looks of your PSP, or your massive library of games?

IMHO, The 1000 is the best.

and it's home brew friendly.
Kaimax wrote...
the question is:
1. Would those accessories be useful, or will it end up as dust collectors.

Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/296883-B726U5G.jpg

Not sure, honestly.
The PSP 3000 has more RAM, a built in microphone, and a better screen, its a definite upgrade from the original one and I recommend getting it, I love mine, Ive had a bunch
Kaimax Best Master-San
Sneakyone wrote...
The PSP 3000 has more RAM, a built in microphone, and a better screen, its a definite upgrade from the original one and I recommend getting it, I love mine, Ive had a bunch

so, it brakes more often then?
Aai FAKKU Ass Master
Kaimax wrote...
Sneakyone wrote...

Mine is perfectly fine, I've had it since 3000 came out.

Although I do have a 1000 and a 2000 as well...
If you want to pay for games, get 3k.
If you want free games, get 1k/2k.
GoodDay wrote...
If you want to pay for games, get 3k.
If you want free games, get 1k/2k.

I would seize the opportunity but, I dunno how to hack it and PSP Memory Cards are Rip offs.

Runnin a 1000 model
psp 1000 models are the best for me, dont have those problems other models have and also psp 1000 its the model i own and never got problems until i screw it, but was my fault.
Unos Hambalos wrote...
I have 3000 myself, and it's a hassle having to apply the HEN when it freezes and shuts down. But then I am already used to it so it's not really a problem anymore.

If you don't like that, I would recommend the older releases of 2000

I'm guessing your PSP version is less than 5.03OFW
Kaimax wrote...
Sneakyone wrote...

mine's still perfectly fine.
I know a friend who's used the latest models PSPs but goes through 'em like 6 months each.
Whereas my PSP, I've had since like, 2004 is still up and running, albeit with a few scratches and a somewhat faulty analog with a thumbtack for an analog stick but still, works like a charm.
I don't use Homebrew for free gaming on it anymore - I used to for GBA games on my PSP, but then upgraded the firmware like a TARD and ruined it, so when I tried doing it again a while back, it ran so slow and laggy that it wasn't worth it.
*See that Miku accessory set I posted*

That's really why I'm asking all this. I don't think the skin will fit on my 1000. Well, that, and bulkiness, which I'm getting over now.
Unos Hambalos wrote...
GoodDay wrote...
Unos Hambalos wrote...
I have 3000 myself, and it's a hassle having to apply the HEN when it freezes and shuts down. But then I am already used to it so it's not really a problem anymore.

If you don't like that, I would recommend the older releases of 2000

I'm guessing your PSP version is less than 5.03OFW

Yeah. >_>

You're sooo lucky.
Kaimax wrote...
Sneakyone wrote...

Mine do, but its the faulty button boards that the 3000 usually has, I always get the warranty
i didnt read everything, but im surprised there are people who would give up a 1000 for a 2000 or 3000.

1000 is definitely the best for the reasons kaimax stated.

I just bought myself 2 1000s in case my first one breaks, its so damn hard to find now.
Pages 12Next