street fighter v

Pages 12Next
opinion on this bundle

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/street-fighter-v-gamestop-collector-exclusive-bundle/126793

as a street fighter fan for the past 15 years i really want this but coughing up about 350USD(including taxes) is a lot of money. i just want the fight stick. i play casual. fucking hate using a controller. i find it harder to play and i really want to try a fight stick again like back in the day at the arcade. it also says on their website it works on ps3

http://store.madcatz.com/platforms/playstation4/SFV-Arcade-FightStick-TE2-Chun-Li-and-Shoulder-Strap.html

the bundle looks like a much better deal but i just want the opinion of someone who know their stuff. this fight stick will also work with tekken and mortal kombat right? i tried asking on the chans but no luck there

also street fighter v general
Yeah it'll work with any game that supports sticks. I'm using the Fighting Edge on PC and it's a PS3 stick.
Papa Nito Enemy Stand
The Tournament Edition 2 sticks are compatible with PS3, and PS4, and works with pretty much every game. Though you'll have a rough time with games that require both analog sticks, considering these only have one stick. I too, am planning to get my hands on one very soon. And the Chun Li version is pricey due to it being a new release. There are other variations of the TE2 that are much cheaper.

Here's some cheaper variants: http://store.madcatz.com/categories/fightsticks-category/Mad-Catz-Arcade-FightStick-Tournament-Edition-2-for-PS4-PS3.html

http://store.madcatz.com/categories/fightsticks-category/Mad-Catz-Ultra-Street-Fighter-IV-Arcade-FightStick-Tournament-Edition-2-for-PS4-PS3.html

They all function exactly the same. Only difference is the colors, and art panels. But even then, you can change those yourself. As well as the stick, buttons, and other parts. I've seen numerous people who recommend these sticks to anybody who owns a PS3, and/or PS4, and want a solid stick.
Just a reminder that PS3 sticks only work with PS4 games that have included the Lab Zero drivers. Which means there's a possibility that fighting games only released in Japan might not support it.

Btw, who played the beta? I played Ryu most of it and had moderate success.

The short throw range is so far the only complaint I have.
sakabato24 World Warrior
SFV is currently "okay". It's not very exciting to play but at least it's honest and intelligent decisions are rewarded. Maybe the learning curve is a bit too easy but that corporate esports money is right around the corner. To compare, initially SFXT was too complicated and unpolished which made for an awful public impression that led to its failure. Perhaps Capcom learned from that mistake but went too far in the other direction.
Extremely easy for veterans to pick up, not difficult at all to master. Might be a problem for the longevity of it. SF4 is slightly more complicated than SFV, but not better IMO.
I'll be playing and traveling again like I used to, but it's already starting to feel like a responsibility and I'm feeling more neutral than looking forward for it.
I do haves hopes that maybe I can get top 8 at evo in a game people actually care about next year.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
sakabato24 wrote...
SFV is currently "okay". It's not very exciting to play but at least it's honest and intelligent decisions are rewarded. Maybe the learning curve is a bit too easy but that corporate esports money is right around the corner. To compare, initially SFXT was too complicated and unpolished which made for an awful public impression that led to its failure. Perhaps Capcom learned from that mistake but went too far in the other direction.
Extremely easy for veterans to pick up, not difficult at all to master. Might be a problem for the longevity of it. SF4 is slightly more complicated than SFV, but not better IMO.
I'll be playing and traveling again like I used to, but it's already starting to feel like a responsibility and I'm feeling more neutral than looking forward for it.
I do haves hopes that maybe I can get top 8 at evo in a game people actually care about next year.

See, I get what you're saying as a fighting game veteran, but try to understand something here: not all people who play fighting games are of that skill level.

I'm not gonna pretend I really understand the game since I haven't played the beta, but at least to my brother and me, SF5 being more accessible and easy works out. Neither of us want to be that competitive like you, but we want to get better at fighting games just enough to really get enjoyment out of them when playing against others. If SF5 becomes a good stepping stone for that, then Capcom probably realizes it and wants to attract a wider audience for it.

Also, they've stated that there isn't going to be any bullshit Ultra Hyper Super Deluxe Arcade 2017 v2.0 Edition or whatever the fuck it was that made SF4 so messy for me. It's going to consistently get more characters and updates for the base game that everyone's gonna buy. Hence, it makes sense that it isn't hard to fully master a character, because Capcom literally won't give you time for that as they churn out handfuls of new fighters every year. In that sense, I don't see longevity being an issue for this.

But hey, that's just a pleb with no fighting game experience talking, might just be bullshit all the same. :y
As someone who only has like 6 months of USF4 experience it's not that hard for me to find opponents of equal skill on PC, but I seriously welcome the knew approach that SFV has going on. Going back to the roots of the series with less gimmicks. I've played most of the characters during the SFV beta. Karin and Necalli are cool but I intend to main Ryu day one.
I got a SF 5 Beta steam gift if anyone is interested.

Read that the next beta will be from 17th to 20th dec.
I smell Street Fighter V. I have yet to play the beta. A few of my friends who have played say that its an improvement from SFIV but there are somethings that they would wanna tweak. I cant wait to get it on steam and get my new fightstick. Gonna play this game heavy and go to tourneys.
sakabato24 World Warrior
So over the course of the beta that came around this past week, the time I had playing with it was an okay experience.

I liked playing 'Sim. He feels a lot better with a lot better options similar to what he had back in the Alpha 3 days, just not a broken. 'Gief feels way too slow for me, but that's because the exclusion of his Green Hand makes it harder to get in on a faster pace. I didn't get enough play time to fully test out Laura, but she seems fine.

Overall, I'm going to stick with Karin on the pure fact that I wanted to play her since the Vanilla days of SFIV as well as her overall feel to her. Great footie buttons, decent rush down game, and just overall the most fun character out of the SFV cast for me. I will play Ken as a sub.
60USD for a incomplete game, fuck you capcom.

does anybody even hangout on fakku anymore now that it became a paysite? i figure a SF thread would have a shitload of replies
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
Forum sections that aren't CTFG or IB are always slow. A lot of the old regulars have just moved on, and most new people don't venture into the forums themselves.

And yeah, I heard about the delayed content. From what I've seen and played (don't own it but will on PC later) the gameplay is solid but content is very bare bones and won't be getting more till next month. I'm holding back on my purchase because of this but mainly till I finish making my new PC.

[edit] I'm not even going to bother to tell you to use the original SFV thread. My masterlist sticky thread is in ruins and at this point most of my desire to complete/update it is gone. Same for posting in general.
Playing this game like I played USF4 for 270 hours: Online only. It had a rough start but servers are becoming solid now (d'uh).

1700LP with Karin. Going on a vacation for 2 weeks now though.
sakabato24 World Warrior
Just for anyone wanting to learn some characters, I made a few videos :

I bought it but I've been getting too invested into 3S lately. I'll sink in some more hours into it this week.

Would be nice if I had someone to play with...
sakabato24 World Warrior
Ryssen wrote...
I bought it but I've been getting too invested into 3S lately. I'll sink in some more hours into it this week.

Would be nice if I had someone to play with...

Add me!

My CFN is : Sakabato

Also, what character(s) do you guys wanna see next for my tutorials?
sakabato24 wrote...
My CFN is : Sakabato

Also, what character(s) do you guys wanna see next for my tutorials?

Added you. My CFN is: Ryssen, if anyone else would like to add me.

You said you main Karin, so why not make one for her? She's pretty cute as well.
Climbed my way up to Super Silver awyiss. I'm not playing for a while just to enjoy this moment.
sakabato24 World Warrior
Hentanize wrote...
Climbed my way up to Super Silver awyiss. I'm not playing for a while just to enjoy this moment.

I got caught up in playing Waifu Simulator : 2016 Edition (AKA Fire Emblem : Fates) to really start caring for ranked. Think the last time I played I reached to 2.7K.
Hentanize wrote...

What's your CFN btw?

I got up to like 1000 with Ken but I never really liked him so I started playing more Ryu and dropped down to 500.

Trying to learn Cammy atm. I really don't like that Cannon Strike and other aerial specials has to be done on a forward jump.

Also noticing that hitstop is throwing off my timing. Something I definitely need to get better at.

Spoiler:
The grind is real.
Forum Image: https://fuwa.se/f/nwHcg4.png
Pages 12Next