street fighter v

Pages Prev12
Ryssen wrote...
Hentanize wrote...
Climbed my way up to Super Silver awyiss. I'm not playing for a while just to enjoy this moment.

What's your CFN btw?

I got up to like 1000 with Ken but I never really liked him so I started playing more Ryu and dropped down to 500.

Trying to learn Cammy atm. I really don't like that Cannon Strike and other aerial specials has to be done on a forward jump.

Also noticing that hitstop is throwing off my timing. Something I definitely need to get better at.

Spoiler:
The grind is real.
Forum Image: https://fuwa.se/f/nwHcg4.png

CFN is galvenize. I'm in France though.
Hentanize wrote...
CFN is galvenize. I'm in France though.

That's great because I live in Sweden. My CFN is Ryssen btw.

Would anyone be interested in joining a discord server for fightan?

I also play a lot of 3rd Strike on fightcade and would love for people to beat me up.
how do you get good at this game? i main chun-li and i'm stuck at bronze-super bronze. i bounce around between LP. i see NOBODY plays her online. is she that bad? i feel she is sometimes cause combos are hard to pull off, she has low health and other characters are much stronger and her range sucks too.

i hate how she is a charge character because when it comes to spamming wars i cant pull off a fireball as quick as a command character can.

karin players always jiggle me in the air and i'm defenceless
shotos always spam fireballs and DP
cammys speed really helps her when it comes to cannon spikes and spiral arrows

im always stuck playing shotos and its the same thing everytime. i spend time watching YT videos on how the "pros" play i do the same thing they do but i lose.

my wakeups suck. people online time attacks so well that i defencless on knockdown recovery. i cant even get up without taking hits again.i tried maining other people so many times but i dont want to give up on chun-li even so i feel its too much work to relearn someone new again.
Half Man Half Amazing! wrote...
how do you get good at this game? i main chun-li and i'm stuck at bronze-super bronze. i bounce around between LP. i see NOBODY plays her online. is she that bad? i feel she is sometimes cause combos are hard to pull off, she has low health and other characters are much stronger and her range sucks too.

Watch MOV play her. Do easy BnB instead of difficult combos.

i hate how she is a charge character because when it comes to spamming wars i cant pull off a fireball as quick as a command character can.

Learn how to charge properly and she isn't suppose to contend with Ryu's fireball war. You should be charging as much as possible.

karin players always jiggle me in the air and i'm defenceless
shotos always spam fireballs and DP
cammys speed really helps her when it comes to cannon spikes and spiral arrows

Learn to block against DP happy shotos and jump over unsafe fireballs.

im always stuck playing shotos and its the same thing everytime. i spend time watching YT videos on how the "pros" play i do the same thing they do but i lose.

Watch what normals/specials they use and when they use it. You can't really rip their gameplay straight out since they play against much higher skilled players, you won't see a bronze Ryu play like Tokido do for example.

my wakeups suck. people online time attacks so well that i defencless on knockdown recovery. i cant even get up without taking hits again.i tried maining other people so many times but i dont want to give up on chun-li even so i feel its too much work to relearn someone new again.

Do you press buttons on wakeup?
sakabato24 World Warrior
Ryssen wrote...
I also play a lot of 3rd Strike on fightcade and would love for people to beat me up.

Unfortunate that you live in the EU, otherwise, I'd love to play with you more.

I might hit you up on the offer of playing 3S on Fightcade.

I am personally taking a break from this game. After reaching 5.5K on ranked, it seems like a hassle to play competitively when you don't have a local scene to support the time I spent online training.

I might not be able to make it back to the US for EVO this year too, and I'm still contemplating if I should save up to go to Manila Cup in August, since I leave Japan in September and I need the time in August to help me move.
sakabato24 wrote...
Ryssen wrote...

Unfortunate that you live in the EU, otherwise, I'd love to play with you more.

I might hit you up on the offer of playing 3S on Fightcade.

I'm leaving for the US soon but after that we could make something happen. GGPO has good netcode so even 200 ping is bearable with some frame delay (I know because I have a friend who lives in the Philippines).

I'll start playing SF5 when they either release a new character that looks fun to play or if my friends starts playing it. Still hoping Makoto comes out next year.
sakabato24 World Warrior
I'm slowly trust in Capcom now. Ever since the launch of SFV, they have been so sketchy about so much stuff, and now with Ibuki being delayed and breaking their promise of 1 DLC character a month, and with the previous DLC characters not releasing until the end of their respective months, I feel just disheartened that the franchise that I care deeply isn't getting the treatment it should deserve.

I understand them trying to make atones for SFxTK, and with this recent delay, them stating that they are going to be more transparent, and not foggy, about their practices now, but at the same time, I just don't feel like Capcom cares anymore. And it sucks.

I want to play more, but the days go, and I'm losing more motivation in playing this game, especially since the game seems like it's dying faster than that of SFIV is. So many of my friends that wanted to get good and play it now are gone, and online only goes so far.

If anything, I feel like Capcom should release an Arcade version of this game here in Japan. I see more Japanese players still playing SFIV in the arcades than playing online, and I just want to play more, but also make friends along the way. That's what SFIV did for me.

I don't know about playing this game anymore. I'm thinking about picking back up Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator when it comes out.
Pages Prev12