Do you prefer subs or dubs?

Subs or dubs?

Total Votes : 5,213
For the reason I like Japanese voice when watching anime I chose subs.
I watch both subs and dub, though mainly more subs.

Today I watched Persona 4 anime ep 23. When *bleep* died, in the english version (game), Kanji screamed. In the japanese version (anime) he just said "damn". To me, I feel that the scream fitted the mood better. And during the confrontation, the english version just had more soul and emotion to it whereas I felt like the japanese version was really toned down.

That's one example why I prefer the dub version of P4 over the subs.
Subs. Although DBZ and YuYu Hakushou. Other than that it is usually unbearable or I laugh at how horrible it was. "This shindig looks like the bomb-diggity"- Balmung
Almost always subs, other than DBZ and FMA.
Subs all the way, for some reason i cant even stand dubs they just arent nearly as good imo.
I mean Funi is ok sometimes but you just cant beat the original emotion and drive you feel when it is spoken in Japanese SUBS all the way!!!
DarkHadouKurosaki wrote...
I love how Dub has like....no votes at all XD
lol right most dubs suck though
Quite simple. Subs is the best option. Japanese anime is different from American cartoons. They're fundamentally the same but the voices needed to be correct, they need their native tongue. Classic example are games, especially JRPGs and WRPGs. The emotions and actions are different and thus they need a certain understanding of each culture.

Ultimately, Subs are fundamentally better in all aspects.

This video = This thread.
Bakeneko Nyan-derthal
Subs because all the anime I watch are subbed. Personally, it actually depends on which voice actor it is for me.
( lol Johnny Yong Bosch and Yuri Lowenthal. \(//∇//)\ )
I like them both, the reason is mainly because you can switch it to English or Japanese and you get the sound of a different girl moaning. What can I say, I like to get the most out of my hentai. XD
Sub for hentai. I do like some dub if it's good in my opinion. Finished watched the dubed Yu Yu Hakusho. The movie dubs are horrible. D: For example.
Dubs are MOST OF THE TIME awful... Bleach and Naruto, for example! Subs are powerful, it allows to feel the real
feeling of the characters... personnaly, I loved the french dub version of DBZ better than the English one
(apart from Vegeta's voice whic was magical!!! loll )
>liking dubs
Casuals
I'm not surprised that subs has such a huge lead. Anyone that has actually ever watched the subs knows that they are better. Japaness Luffy is the best sounding Luffy in any language.
I will 100% go for "Subs"
No offense but english DUB is just too horrible
I played Rune factory 3 Eng Dub and had nightmares for a week
I grew up with the Berserk and Gundam Wing Dub. Almost everything else was subbed though(Flame of Recca, Kenshin, Hajime no ippo, etc).
Guts's battle rage and screams still ring in my head today xD
Also, the trailer for Gundam wing was bad ass.
i like watch sub, because in the same time i learn a little bit japanese...
and if is subbed on english i learn it too. i think is really useful XDD
(i'm italian)
I prever subs. Cuz nearly all animes got bad or terrible eng or ger dub. There are a few outstanding examples which have a high quality dub like dbz or eureka seven but most of non japanese dub is crap.
i would prefer subs. but sometimes they can sub it really crappy and what the characters actually say isn't whats on the subs.. weird.