At what age were you introduced to anime?

At what age were you introduced to anime?

Total Votes : 7,012
WitnessX Starship Captain
I watched some Toonami back in the day, occasionally catchign Sailor Moon (never got into it), but the first anime that I actually seriously watched was Pokemon, but it wasn't until I started yearning for character development that I left Pokemon and found Love Hina.
I was bought a doraemon pillow when I was about 4, and began watching anime when I was about 7.
I really started to become interested when I discovered manga when a teenager.
I was born 1984 so basically I've watched a lot of different anime up till now, but to all the different genre of anime I still prefer MECHA as my to choice. I'm a Robot and Mecha fan since watching Macross "Do You Remember Love", the Super Robot Series such as Voltes V, Mazinger Z, King of Braves Gaogaigar, Getter Robo Series, and so on, I'd type all of them but their mostly the late 70's robots that I guess most of the members may or may not be acquainted than the recently made ones, and the Gundam Series up to AGE since it's still ongoing.
Most of all I'm a big Macross fan even though I also watch the Gundam Series their is still a difference that I think most fans may have seen.
StaticTY The Economist
I was like 4 or 5 when i was introduced to anime. I was watchin sailor moon, pokemon, and dragon ballz. I loved watching Toonami and my love for anime continued as i began watchin Inuyasha on Adult Swim.
was like 5 or 6, watched Pokemon first i believe or maybe it was Gundam Wing cant really remember.
I was introduced to anime when I was about 4 or 5 years old, but I didn't really get interested in it until I was 7.
to be honest i watched them as a kid but i called them "action cartoons" it was around age 16 they got defined to me as anime.
Accidentally voted 41! Q.Q
6-10, though I didn't know it was "anime" like pokemon digimon, and DBZ, but yes, I love anime, always have and always will.
Around 11 watching Inuyasha dubbed. Now I swear I will never do it again (watch dubs).
i would say 5. I saw some crazy ass anime. It was a re run. But ever since i loved every thing from japan.
my first anime i watched was when i was 4 it was Dragonball z
Ahh, so many Animes... I started out with Voltes V, Daimos and Pokemon. Good Times...
The first time I was introduced to anime was when toonami came out and,like so many,I didn't know what anime really was and just thought it was the same as any other cartoons.

On another note does anyone know that toonami's back?
My dad recorded dbz on VHS before I was born so i could watch afterwards.
I voted 31 to 40 because I never really got into it until then. I didn't realize that some of my favorite toons when I was little were actually anime like Kimba the white lion, Battle of the Planets and of course Speed Racer. Oh yea, almost forgot about Robotech. I use to love to watch that.
Oh my fucking god, my first time watching anime was the Inuyasha episode when he fights that fucking centipede chick. I was still at the age to be creeped the fuck out by that.
Damn i think i was 4 or 5 watching "Gundam Wing" on Toonami first ever anime and got me hooked for life 17 now and still love it
BloodyWind wrote...
Cardcaptor Sakura

Nough Said
I started watching anime aound the early 90's when I was about 5-6. I remeber seen dragon ball back then it was on at 5:30 in the morning and it ran for a few months then I did not see it again for almost 10 years. I really got into anime in 1993 though when I seen Ghost in the Shell for the first time (I was 8).