Dark Souls II

Hentanize wrote...
The bigger player base will be on PS3 right?

If that makes you sleep at night, then sure.
Data Zero Valkyrie Forces CO
Hentanize wrote...

I dont think so.
Unfortunately my PC has hardware issues so I'll probably settle for the sub-par experience.

Ryssen wrote...
Hentanize wrote...

Okay
I'll be getting the collectors edition in the mail tomorrow. I only have a laptop and it won't be able to handle the PC version. Also, I'm sure the PS3 version will still have a good sized player base even if the PC version will have a larger one. At the very least, Vaati said in one of his videos that the game looked and performed well on the PS3.
ErErErgo "Weiss, You Dumbass!"
Data Zero wrote...
Hentanize wrote...

I dont think so.

Ryssen wrote...
Hentanize wrote...

Considering the sales of Dark Souls on PS3 dwarfs the PC version and that Demon Souls only came out on PS3, one could assume that the PS3 DKS2 would have the bigger player base also. Generally you don't see people mass buying on one console then swapping to PC. It's probably safe to say the PS3 will retain the largest player base spot.

Unless you're like me and have to buy the game on every console because of friends and being a bit too liberal with your CDs...
Forum Image: http://a.pomf.se/sjynts.JPG
Figure is about a foot tall, which was actually bigger than I originally thought.

Unfortunately it seems it isn't pose-able, and even though it comes with swords I don't know how to get it to hold them. Still pretty cool though. The art book and cloth map are cool though, as well as the soundtrack that comes with the Black Armor Edition.

After playing about an hour it seems the game is more difficult. One thing I noticed is that you seem to preform sword swings slower, so there is more delay between swinging and dodging. I don't know if agility factors into this yet, but it seems to be the case from videos I've seen of the beta. Your estus starts off with only 1 charge but you get lifegems fairly often and can upgrade the uses of estus as well as the strength (not sure if they are permanent or only for that specific bonfire).

Also people have complained about the Black Armor items but in reality they're not even that strong. First of all no class except maybe one can use all of them at the start, they still have stat requirements. Also none of the starting shields even have a damage guard of 100, and the warrior's starting weapon is better than the "exclusive" weapons you get (as in better scaling and damage). So I wouldn't really complain about them being overpowered.

The Deprived class now starts with nothing. Not even a club or plank. Just bare fists. But as a trade off they start at level 1 instead of the other classes (which start about 11 - 14) so it has slightly more control over what stats you want to min-max.
Kadushy Douchebag
yummines wrote...
even though it comes with swords I don't know how to get it to hold them.

Haha my friend said the same thing.
yummines wrote...
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://a.pomf.se/sjynts.JPG
Figure is about a foot tall, which was actually bigger than I originally thought.

Unfortunately it seems it isn't pose-able, and even though it comes with swords I don't know how to get it to hold them. Still pretty cool though. The art book and cloth map are cool though, as well as the soundtrack that comes with the Black Armor Edition.

After playing about an hour it seems the game is more difficult. One thing I noticed is that you seem to preform sword swings slower, so there is more delay between swinging and dodging. I don't know if agility factors into this yet, but it seems to be the case from videos I've seen of the beta. Your estus starts off with only 1 charge but you get lifegems fairly often and can upgrade the uses of estus as well as the strength (not sure if they are permanent or only for that specific bonfire).

Also people have complained about the Black Armor items but in reality they're not even that strong. First of all no class except maybe one can use all of them at the start, they still have stat requirements. Also none of the starting shields even have a damage guard of 100, and the warrior's starting weapon is better than the "exclusive" weapons you get (as in better scaling and damage). So I wouldn't really complain about them being overpowered.

The Deprived class now starts with nothing. Not even a club or plank. Just bare fists. But as a trade off they start at level 1 instead of the other classes (which start about 11 - 14) so it has slightly more control over what stats you want to min-max.

I was surprised about how big the figure was too. At least it looks like your box came in good condition. There was a lot of damaged corners on mine. Also, if you haven't figured it out yet, you just take the little circle things off of the swords to place them in the hands.
Kadushy Douchebag
So I went to Gamestop yesterday to buy the game and they tried to sell me the "premium edition" of the game... and the "premium edition" is a used copy with no case.... for about the same price. Lolfuckthat.
Kadushy wrote...
So I went to Gamestop

I found the part where you fucked up. Don't thank me, just use the knowledge to better thyself. Also, this gives me the perfect opportunity to link this:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/TQfyEdmUQ9s.*?[/youtube]
Kadushy Douchebag
Rbz wrote...
Kadushy wrote...
So I went to Gamestop

I found the part where you fucked up. Don't thank me, just use the knowledge to better thyself. Also, this gives me the perfect opportunity to link this:

Lol it was the closest store to me. I can't be assed to drive another 5 minutes to Wal-mart or whatever.
I've been missing illusionary walls because it took me 10 hours to figure out hitting doesn't reveal them anymore. Instead you have to press the action button (X on the PS3). Derp.

Lamia boss is doing my head in, it also doesn't help that the ground is covered with poison and I'm all out of antidotes. Time for a strategic break.
Hentanize wrote...
I've been missing illusionary walls because it took me 10 hours to figure out hitting doesn't reveal them anymore.

Lol, I was doing the same thing. Sometimes you need to hit them and sometimes it requires pressing x.
Data Zero Valkyrie Forces CO
Kadushy wrote...
Rbz wrote...
Kadushy wrote...
So I went to Gamestop

Lol it was the closest store to me. I can't be assed to drive another 5 minutes to Wal-mart or whatever.

Preorder through amazon or similar service and save yourself from human interaction and possible IQ drop next time?

Now off with the jokes and all, was it really that annoying?
Rbz wrote...
[youtube]http://youtu.be/TQfyEdmUQ9s.*?[/youtube]

No wonder I feel like I'm being butt fucked every time I enter Gamestop.

OT:
I haven't finished Dark Souls yet but I will get part two...next year. I'm not gonna pay no god damn 60 dollars just to yell at my tv when I could be doing it for 30.
Kadushy Douchebag
Data Zero wrote...
Preorder through amazon or similar service and save yourself from human interaction and possible IQ drop next time?

Now off with the jokes and all, was it really that annoying?

I always buy my games online, and I did pre-order it last year, but canceled it cuz I was gonna get the PC version instead. Then after its release, I got tempted and just went for the the PS3 version... and I was really really bored that day so the game killed my boredom.

And here's how it went.

Spoiler:
Me: That's the premium edition? That's just a used copy...
Them: Yeah, and you save $5
Me: Uhhhhh... no... I want a new copy.

Then they bring a "new" one.. they just took the same disc and put it into another Dark Souls cover (which I wasn't going to get with the "premium edition" cuz they were gonna put it in one of those cheap gamestop ones) and taped it and tried to charge me for the full price.

Me: Wtf. I said a new copy.. like one still in it's shrink wrap.

Annnnd they finally gave it to me. Took them long enough.
Kadushy wrote...

And here's how it went.

Spoiler:

Then they bring a "new" one.. they just took the same disc and put it into another Dark Souls cover (which I wasn't going to get with the "premium edition" cuz they were gonna put it in one of those cheap gamestop ones) and taped it and tried to charge me for the full price.

Everyone's gamestop experience might as well be copypasta. You'll have to force them to whip out hazmat suits before they'll touch a new new game. But it didn't end there; I can tell. What pre-orders did those parasites try to implant you with? Watch Dogs? Were you invited to join their "I ain't no fuckin' casual" reward program? Giving money to gamestop always comes with a catch.

Also, I shit you not, the last time I was at gamestop (and I mean the last time I'll ever be in a goddamn gamestop), I was offered disk protection. A fucking software warranty.
Rbz wrote...
Kadushy wrote...

And here's how it went.

Spoiler:

Everyone's gamestop experience might as well be copypasta. You'll have to force them to whip out hazmat suits before they'll touch a new new game. But it didn't end there; I can tell. What pre-orders did those parasites try to implant you with? Watch Dogs? Were you invited to join their "I ain't no fuckin' casual" reward program? Giving money to gamestop always comes with a catch.

Also, I shit you not, the last time I was at gamestop (and I mean the last time I'll ever be in a goddamn gamestop), I was offered disk protection. A fucking software warranty.

The same thing happened to me the last two times I was there. Why the fuck would I want a warranty on my game? I also got a call from them a little while ago about them wanting me to preorder Titanfall. It was some automated voice recording.

Spoiler:
The only reason I was there in the last few months is because I've been getting all these trade credits from trading in scratched games that I find at work. It's hilarious how I got $30 from trading a scratched copy of the XB1 version of the newest CoD.
Finally beat the Lost Sinner. God that boss was annoying. This is the only boss that I've had any trouble with so far. Even with the room lit, the fucker was pretty much camouflaged into the environment. I have shitty vision so I kept fucking up my dodge rolls because it was hard to see his movements.

Also, is anybody else dual wielding? I've been playing the whole game with dual wielding and sorcery. Currently using a pair of Falchions.

How does everyone feel about limited enemy respawning? I really don't like it. It's just kind of a dumb game design in my opinion. I hope From patches it soon. Before the game came out I thought only some enemies wouldn't respawn but not all of them. I don't think it makes it more casual but it's annoying that I can't farm for rare drops. I love the weapons in these games and I try to collect them all. I still want the crescent and full moon scythes that I've seen enemies using.
Holy fucking god damn mother loving shit. Now i only say THAT because this was my first real entry into the Demon souls/dark souls games. I think I played the demo version of dark souls 1 and got up to about the red dragon (which by this point I never really played anything harder other then ninja gaiden 1 and 2 for the xbox. So I never viewed the challenge as a incentive to play more.

I decided to rent DS2 and was actually pretty hooked on it for most the weekend. Though I only got as far as trying to beat the three boss sentinels in the Lost Bastille area (Though I Dont even know how to beat a fucking boss with that much range in their attacks).

Overall the frustration was way up there, but felt hella rewarding when i did pass a area or found the next bonfire. Also, did anyone else beat the first Dragon Rider boss by a fluke? I was fighting him then before I noticed I saw him plunge off the side of arena we were on.