Smoking

Do you smoke?

Total Votes : 360
I smoked a bit but decided it was probably not good for the long run since a lot of the things I do require my lungs to function properly.. haha.
Whatever marginal stress benefits I reap from smoking don't justify the price tag, honestly.

Also, I live in California, where smokers are unilaterally despised by most governing bodies. It just seemed like a more prudent choice to whack off the 2d waifus.
No I don't smoke, I remember I had friends who told me they would never date a girl who smoked. Felt weird since I did, and did not care. The reason why I don't smoke is I never felt the need to, plus I don't need any more things slowly killing me. Maybe if I become the CEO of a multinational corporation, I will have a cigar. Then immediately regret my decision.
Nope. I don't smoke because I never really felt the need to and it's terrible for your health.
I do not smoke.

My mother tried to quit smoking all her life. My grandfather and great uncle were able to quit due to death from lung cancer. So considering the only success stories on quitting smoking in my family, I think I better play it safe. It just doesn't offer me enough compared to being a stinky unhealthy addictive expensive bother that many view smokers as being. Growing up, it didn't bother me, until I was no longer near it. It does kinda stink.
I actually did it for a month to encourage my friend to quit with me at the end of the month because they thought I would be easily hooked like them. I found cigs to have little to no buzz(although the cuban cigar I had packed a noticable buzz) I have a feeling the good feeling is more like settling an urge than a real buzz. I was kinda fun to do with the way smoke billows or rings and I liked using a fancy lighter. It was fun to be included with other smokers, like all the little breaks at work and to give a cig to a bumming friend. But really not worth it just to be included and to have a small pleasue. I decided it was probably socially equal or better to eat an enjoyable piece of candy while sharing the bag with others while on my break, and have a nice pocket knife rather than a nifty lighter.
Holoofyoistu The Messenger
I posted no, because i quit, but in the time since i posted, i started again.
I used to smoke when i was young and stupid teenager
Now i think this is useless thing for me:)Forum Image: http://6.firepic.org/6/images/2014-11/05/tlyrlm0e13ef.gif
[color=black]I tried 2-3 packs a year ago, found it pretty exciting should I say? I suppose that's not the needed word here. Anyways, since then I haven't touched a cigarette.
Why? I sometimes think of it as a useless habit to have since it pretty much needs a lot of money and kills you in the same time. Why would I pay to die?
Sometimes tho (most of the time) I find myself to not give a shit about what I said above. My mom is a passive smoker but she forbids me (she has a point) from doing it myself so I can't smoke at my home and have to do it secretly. I don't know if that's how it's going to remain in the near or later future. [/color]

Don't recommend it to others unless they have full knowledge of what they are doing to their health. Do it at your own risk.
No. Since I dont have the best of health so I would probably die if I did, but I am considering trying it once.
I'm sincerely surprised by the fact that most of you people do care about lung capacity and respiratory issues.

I do smoke, mostly out of boredom, I like it and have no reason to quit.
But if living past my 60's ever becomes something to looking forward to, I think I wouldn't have any problem quitting.
I used to for about 2 years. Then I transitioned onto vaping instead.
Demani wrote...
I'm sincerely surprised by the fact that most of you people do care about lung capacity and respiratory issues.

I do smoke, mostly out of boredom, I like it and have no reason to quit.
But if living past my 60's ever becomes something to looking forward to, I think I wouldn't have any problem quitting.

Yeah, when youre bored there is nothing like lighting up a fag and just watching the smoke billow as you puff away at it.

I also like cigars and pipes for this reason, because it takes like an hour to finish one, so its a good way to kill time, aside from enjoying the flavor itself.
No

but lets smokers smoke

we already took bars and public areas away from them

there's no reason for us to keep demonizing them. The cig itself or the smoker.
kind of. like, yes and no? i won't go out of my way to purchase cigarettes myself to smoke on a regular basis, but if i'm somewhere like a house party or a club / bar and someone offers me one, i'll take it. removes all the worry of it costing too much and still gives me that little stress relief when i really need it because if i'm stressed i'll generally find a bar or party to go to xD

plus i have asthma, so smoking regularly would become a huuuuge issue in the long run!
I save so much money by not smoking, so that's enough reason to not to. It gives me more to spend on other less hazardous vices.
I'm a smoker. I got into it when i had a brief stint in the food industry(the stereotype is real). You can't deny how much it relaxes you on a stressful day. However on the other hand i don't smoke that often(depends on my mood). I actually reached a point where i noticed that i was getting short of breath sooner and immediately cut back, but never quit. I can go months without smoking then jump right back on depending on what kind of shit life throws at me, but overall i find it to be quite relaxing.
I enjoy it but at the end of the day I always tell myself that it's just not good for me. I started smoking back in highschool around my Junior year (good ol' Swisher Sweets) well actually Swishers are shit but we would get Dutch Masters too. I enjoy cigars from shops as well... The smell of walking into a humidor is just glorious. I love the smell of fresh tobacco.

From there I tried rolling my own cigs and smoking out of a pipe. A pipe is definitely the best way to enjoy tobacco.

Now I smoke cigarettes (Camels) here and there, but I'm gradually smoking less and less. I got a vape too. I like it, but it has a long way to go before it has the ease of a cigarette. But vapes are practically a sub-culture now.

Also, weed. Stay high my friends.
Tried smoking once when I was a kid, thought it was a waste of time and money.
Yes, occasionally. It's unfortunate, But I find that it does help relieve some stress. I want to stop though, not because I'm worried about my health, but because I think smoking doesn't make me look cute.... >~
loliqueen wrote...
Yes, occasionally. It's unfortunate, But I find that it does help relieve some stress. I want to stop though, not because I'm worried about my health, but because I think smoking doesn't make me look cute.... >~<

haha what are you talking about it is SO moe to smoke /JK~ Well you can always tip down and try to only smoke in situations where you feel very stressed? Of course it is hard but it might be a start? c: