Minecraft

Just a FYI for you minecraft players. I'm renting a server tomorrow. It will take 24 hrs for the server to be set up and a cpl days for me and my people to get the plugins and ingame content rdy. so anyone who wants to join please pm me ur IGN and why I should let you join. ANother FYI we will only accept a small number of people at first so yeah.
Hngggg I must buy this addiction so soon! I've been watching a stream called 4PP, and the shit that happens there is hilarious.
Say, anyone here know how to allocate more RAM to keep the server going stable at higher player counts?
I've tried hosting a server for me and couple friends of mine but the lag kicks in at more then 3 players connected at the same time.
I narrowed the issue to the RAM (showed only 100 or so MB used) but I don't know how to allocate more RAM for it.
I checked some threads on the Minecraft support forums but their suggestions to make a .bat file with custom commands to start the server, but they don't seem to work at all.
Tegumi "im always cute"
java -jar -Xms[lowinteger]M -Xmx[highinteger]M [serverfile.jar] nogui
I live in teh usa, and so far from what vids and series I saw based on minecraft. I want this game. but where can I get it, is it a download only, or can I buy it at teh stores. and for how much. also what do I need to run this awesome game that I soooo want.
Google is your friend. http://www.minecraft.net/ You buy and download it from here.
Ethil wrote...
Google is your friend. http://www.minecraft.net/ You buy and download it from here.

okay thanks, but what do I need to run this game?
my labtop is a Acer aspire 5251-1513.
Ehr, well, i'm not sure about the exact specs you need, but you hardly need a monster to run it, at least not in single player (and in multiplayer it's mainly the one hosting the server that needs better stuff).
Ethil wrote...
Ehr, well, i'm not sure about the exact specs you need, but you hardly need a monster to run it, at least not in single player (and in multiplayer it's mainly the one hosting the server that needs better stuff).

well I will only put teh 3 important things.
my labtop has:
*AMD Processor (2.2Ghz)
*2GB DDR3 Memory
*250GB HDD

the graphics card I know it could handle minecraft.
GamingNerd wrote...
Ethil wrote...

well I will only put teh 3 important things.
my labtop has:
*AMD Processor (2.2Ghz)
*2GB DDR3 Memory
*250GB HDD

the graphics card I know it could handle minecraft.

You MIGHT be able to run it.
Shouldn't be a problem. Hosting a server might be hard since both it and the game goes hard towards the ram, but just playing should be fine.
I got bored and wondered what the commotion about this game was. Was simple but so fun to play. I hate grievers!!!
Antw0n Remember me?
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/385490-ZS8VRMY.jpg
Well woulda look at that...
I am Antw0n wrote...
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/385490-ZS8VRMY.jpg
Well woulda look at that...

Your shitting me?
Noutakun wrote...
japsa wrote...
Can anyone recommend a texture pack?
I'm currently using Doku's RPG pack 1.2

Best texture pack around, bro.

And, I'd play on a multiplayer server, but I CBA to deal with all the glitches in it right now. I'll be hosting my own for some friends of mine once SMP is less glitchy, though.

Try Ablion 64x64 HD

Its a great pack with very clean textures I haven't noticed any missing block textures yet but you'll need the Xau HD patcher 1.12_02 to install it and you have to wipe and re-install your bin folder.

Atm I'm Using painterly and another 128x128 pack
HAHAHA, if you like Minecraft and you haven't seen them, I recommend watching the Yogcast playing Minecraft, it is absolutely HILARIOUS! xD

This is just the first episode and some of them are a bit slow, but it really picks up into a real RPG adventure (around ep 18 or so). I wish this happened to everyone playing the game.
Ethil wrote...
HAHAHA, if you like Minecraft and you haven't seen them, I recommend watching the Yogcast playing Minecraft, it is absolutely HILARIOUS! xD

Thanks for showing us this. I hadn't heard of them and just started watching. On part 9 right now and it's already looking like a great adventure. It's like I'm right there with them. I like these guys already, and fun to watch while playing Minecraft myself.
Ethil wrote...
but it really picks up into a real RPG adventure (around ep 18 or so).

That shit was awesome, everyone should watch it.
KLoWn wrote...
Ethil wrote...
but it really picks up into a real RPG adventure (around ep 18 or so).

That shit was awesome, everyone should watch it.

Indeed, I just finished watching all the eps currently out, and I can't wait for the next one. Damn, it's better than TV =)
Isn't there a server we guys can all play on :( ?