Dr Shaneman wrote...
Wait, people use the keyboard for games? O.o

LOL
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
echoeagle3 wrote...
Taz_9000 wrote...
I still like may gamepad, i was to PC game i would use a gamepad

Not all pc games work with a gamepad.

then i will play games that support gamepads, plus there would be like a few games that i would play
echoeagle3 wrote...
Dr Shaneman wrote...

PC players, ya.

USB controllers?
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
echoeagle3 wrote...
Also, You got Andromeda? What do you think of it?

I may have mentioned this when you last asked people about it, yes.

Didn't have much time to play, still have to finish this translation for last Wednesday and I seem to be lacking a time machine. Ran into the bug that doesn't let you choose dialogue choices, though, so will restart it next time anyway. Otherwise not bad so far, but haven't even seen any combat yet. Just maybe some minor complaints about the sometimes slightly wooden animation (dammit, Cora, stop blankly staring straight ahead and look at me when you're talking to me) and the mouths not always quite matching the voices.

Also, is it just me, or does BioWare just have a hard time with the Frostbite engine and their characters? I can't quite explain it, but most of the faces somehow seem a bit weird in both Inquisition and Andromeda.

Dr Shaneman wrote...

When you use half the keyboard's worth of keys in a game, it's rather useful.
Data Zero Valkyrie Forces CO
echoeagle3 wrote...
Holy shit a Data rant. And he reveals himself to be a pc elitist, how sad.

Laugh it up Echo, I work on a concept of a budget. The more use I get from my device the better. My rig is budgeted middle ground, using old parts, new parts with latest one being GPU. 7870 fried. I miss that card. Well now its all new parts since everything from my previous rig was replaced (HDD died, followed by GPU breaking down and replacing PSU because of paranoia)

The PC elitist is another idiocy of a group who should have been force fed their GPU's, CPU and it all washed down with watercooling liquid, mineral oil or Liquid nitrogen.

The kiwifruits who consider "BIGGEST RESOLUTION THEY CAN GET" to be epitome of gaming should be baked by the heat from the GPU. Sizzle on it for a while while they run games on upscale 8K

Only shit it does help is with getting more money from budget, leaving less for rest. Maybe that is where all the testing and bugfixing money goes?

About VR? Niche market atm but hopes for future, seems interesting. Until i heard about piss and Fail about application restriction. It was long ago and I don't know what application only allowed a certain VR set to use it (Was it HTC Vive?). I laughed my ass off about it.

Now its Nintendo turn?

Like WHAT THE FUCK is Switch? Wii U 2.0? Will anyone actually make games for it or will everyone ignore it until it becomes glorified paperweight?

XBox 1 out of PS4 (seriously, why MS)

I usually keep my ears out for both consoles to keep track of you, but what i do hear is Jack squat? Even bad news is sound of somekind of a development. Disturbing.

And latest Zelda.

Why everyone praises it like its second coming of Jesus Christ? Am I MISSING something here?

As much as I hate consoles, it is needed.

Building PC is bit of a pain and buying prebuilt one is like buying a pig in a bag. Not to mention setting it all run requires some knowledge. And some people don't bother with it. Can get overwhelming fast.

echoeagle3 wrote...

Are you one of those people that have never heard of Persona?

Also, Data, there you go, how do you plan on ever playing Persona without a console huh?

A) I either don't and go on with my life and spend money on games that I can play and stop giving a fuck about it?

Or

B) Play it on an emulation, proving that PC does backwards compatibility better than consoles. What is kinda weird to be honest. Not to be taken as an insult mind you. Would be good discussion topic though.

And only console I would own is 3DS. If i ever happen to find one for cheap. Rest? Could not give a damn.

echoeagle3 wrote...

Not all pc games work with a gamepad.

Slap a Xbox 360 controller and you find out that many games work on it. Or use TocaEdit Xbox 360 Controller emulator. WOrks just as fine.

Or Joy to key program.

*edit*

Hell, i can turn my SMARTPHONE into a controller, and play classic NES on my laptop.
Data Zero wrote...
And latest Zelda.

Why everyone praises it like its second coming of Jesus Christ? Am I MISSING something here?

Probably. Well, haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it does get a lot of praise for the possibly best done open world ever, where nothing is ever gated - for example, you could go pretty much straight to the final boss if you dared to - while also always giving you something new to do or discover, plus the physics allowing you to use the environment in quite many creative ways. I've seen people comment on how they've played over 100 hours and still find new interesting things.

Data Zero wrote...
And only console I would own is 3DS. If i ever happen to find one for cheap. Rest? Could not give a damn.

True enough, handheld gaming is something PCs really can't offer.

Data Zero wrote...
Now its Nintendo turn?

Like WHAT THE FUCK is Switch? Wii U 2.0? Will anyone actually make games for it or will everyone ignore it until it becomes glorified paperweight?

It does have better support from developers for now, but we'll see, Wii U also started with Mass Effect 3. Nintendo does offer a lot of support for indie developers with the Switch, though, so they may use that to their advantage in addition to the usual exclusives like Zelda and Mario.
I tried using a keyboard once but it just felt awkward after using controllers for years.
Especially using joysticks. You can't get that 360 degree movement with arrow keys.
luinthoron wrote...

It does have better support from developers for now, but we'll see, Wii U also started with Mass Effect 3. Nintendo does offer a lot of support for indie developers with the Switch, though, so they may use that to their advantage in addition to the usual exclusives like Zelda and Mario.

Lets hope so. I doubt it though.

Dr Shaneman wrote...
I tried using a keyboard once but it just felt awkward after using controllers for years.
Especially using joysticks. You can't get that 360 degree movement with arrow keys.

Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/Quj8Rzp.png
Data Zero wrote...
Dr Shaneman wrote...

As much as I love the keyboard, that is just silly and can not in any way replace an analogue stick.
luinthoron wrote...
Data Zero wrote...
Dr Shaneman wrote...

As much as I love the keyboard, that is just silly and can not in any way replace an analogue stick.

I know.

I just posted it for giggles.
Pressing 2 arrow keys at once still doesn't help lol
Dr Shaneman wrote...
Pressing 2 arrow keys at once still doesn't help lol

Not to mention that thing is tiny and probably would end up as a pain to use.
Well, PC control schemes usually overcome that limitation through using the mouse, which can give you even more freedom. It can only really become a problem with camera angles like the new Pokémon games have where you sometimes need to move towards the player - but that is rather troublesome even with an analogue stick since you still can't properly see ahead that much.
luinthoron wrote...
Well, PC control schemes usually overcome that limitation through using the mouse, which can give you even more freedom. It can only really become a problem with camera angles like the new Pokémon games have where you sometimes need to move towards the player - but that is rather troublesome even with an analogue stick since you still can't properly see ahead that much.

Crash Bandicoot when running away from dino...

Ugh...
I'll stick with what I grew up with thanks.
When I opened up a PS1 on the 26th of December all those years ago it was a magical moment ^w^
Followed by the first Crash Bandicoot lol
Dr Shaneman wrote...

Same. :P

Also, PS controller's d-pad is a horrible pain for the player's poor thumb, especially after a 30-minute race in Gran Turismo...
Dr Shaneman wrote...
When I opened up a PS1 on the 26th of December all those years ago it was a magical moment ^w^
Followed by the first Crash Bandicoot lol

Chinese Nes to PS1 to PC where I am now. I did get a gift of PS2 from my bro but that thing is broken.
Data Zero wrote...
Chinese Nes to PS1 to PC where I am now. I did get a gift of PS2 from my bro but that thing is broken.

Some PS2 revisions were buggy, yeah. I held out for the later ones.
Dr Shaneman wrote...
Data Zero wrote...

Some PS2 revisions were buggy, yeah. I held out for the later ones.

I had slim. Mine just broke down.

I had 3 games on it and mostly used it as DVD player.
Data Zero wrote...
I had slim. Mine just broke down.

I had 3 games on it and mostly used it as DVD player.

I had the original and the laser finally packed up.