Love.

Pages Prev123Next
Tegumi "im always cute"
Longevity wrote...
Tegumi wrote...
Longevity wrote...
waist

You know what's a waste?

Don't be mad...someday someone will like ugly girls who are flat as a board.

bu bu, wrong answer! The correct answer was: you are a waste of a human being.
Firstbornnyc wrote...
Longevity wrote...
Firstbornnyc wrote...
Longevity wrote...
Firstbornnyc wrote...
did your parents waste there money putting you through school?

I went to public school so no they didn't waste money on school at all. And if you mean college well they aren't going to pay a cent of the tuition so no they didn't for that either.

And as for clothing or food, as I said to my Dad when I was younger "You decided not to wear a rubber, so that's your fault"

your either missing or dodging the point.

And what's your point? Because I probably am.

the point is just because you dont love anybody, and you think nobody loves you, you cant make a bold statement like "love is nothing more than a waste" and base your entire argument on your personal experience.

I didn't say I don't love my family. Or that they don't love me. I am saying I don't believe in loving someone else that you haven't known sense you were born. And I can say "love is nothing more than a waste" because it's my opinion.

Tegumi wrote...
Longevity wrote...
Tegumi wrote...
Longevity wrote...
waist

You know what's a waste?

Don't be mad...someday someone will like ugly girls who are flat as a board.

bu bu, wrong answer! The correct answer was: you are a waste of a human being.

So I don't get the million Regis?
Longevity wrote...
[quote="Firstbornnyc"][quote="Longevity"][quote="Firstbornnyc"]

I am saying I don't believe in loving someone else that you haven't known sense you were born.

why? what does time have to do with loving someone, if you adopt a child and that child is 5 years old and you are a grown adult why cant a person love that child? or why cant that child love that person? or if meet my 75 year old grandmother for the first time and I am 17 years old and we spend time together why cant I love my grandmother? yea you can say "its my opinion" but if it is not backed by intelligent logical reasoning you are just barking in the wind.
Longevity wrote...
I didn't say I don't love my family. Or that they don't love me. I am saying I don't believe in loving someone else that you haven't known sense you were born. And I can say "love is nothing more than a waste" because it's my opinion.

Because you need to know every single fact or experience that a certain individual has been through to love them, right? (lol)
I have no idea why you would even consider that a factor. So, you only plan on loving your close family members? That's a pretty lonely life to lead. That's just fucking retarded. You're choosing to say you will never be able to love anyone you meet in your entire life.

Can you summarize why you think love is nothing more than a waste? Is it just intimate loving relationships that you think are a waste of time?
If someone asks me, I'll rather say that he's just trying to attract people attention.

If you have tried love, in many forms, and still think it's a waste of time FOR YOU, then I would simply say "well, I guess not everybody likes coca cola". But from your point of view, its just "I think it is a waste of time because I'm a bad boy who doesn't need anybody, look how badass I am!", then, for me all your argument is invalid.
It`s a waste of money and time but it was fun though even it did waste a lot of things.
Nashrakh Little White Butterflies Staff
More often than not, love is selfishness projected onto others.
Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.
There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
There's nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you
in time - It's easy.

I hate the idea of it. To me love is a waste of time and money. You put so much into one person then you realize you've wasted your life and you can't get it back. Also don't get married that'd fuck up your day really bad.

Anyone else agree?

I think your a cynical fuck. What the hell do you mean "you've wasted your life". Loving someone is not a waste of time or of life. living a life with out love is isn't much of a life at all.
Love is a word that's used too loosely nowadays.

In my opinion though, it's worth the time and wait.
LostQuartet wrote...

Can you summarize why you think love is nothing more than a waste? Is it just intimate loving relationships that you think are a waste of time?

I guess it is intimate relationships. I can't explain why I don't believe in it. It's just one of those things that I can't wrap my head around I guess. I do believe in lust though which I have a feeling is what a lot people think to be love. But as I said it's my opinion, and who knows maybe it's because of relationships I've seen through out my life. Be it my friends, their families, my family the idea just doesn't sit right with me.

Maybe if I kept a relationship going for more then 2 months I'd feel differently but I can't commit usually.

C13R-66Y wrote...
If someone asks me, I'll rather say that he's just trying to attract people attention.

If you have tried love, in many forms, and still think it's a waste of time FOR YOU, then I would simply say "well, I guess not everybody likes coca cola". But from your point of view, its just "I think it is a waste of time because I'm a bad boy who doesn't need anybody, look how badass I am!", then, for me all your argument is invalid.

I am sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's just a question.

And I do "love" my family. I just don't get the idea of loving a total stranger. As for the "doesn't need anybody" I don't feel that way at all. I do care a lot about my friends and family and I'd take a bullet for most of them.

But I am a badass!
Long, I remember you saying something like this before... did anything happen?
ashcrimson wrote...
Long, I remember you saying something like this before... did anything happen?

If I did well "lol" I guess. And my mind hasn't changed on this matter for a very long time.
Longevity wrote...
I do care a lot about my friends and family and I'd take a bullet for most of them.

Weren't your friends total strangers at the beginning?
C13R-66Y wrote...
Longevity wrote...
I do care a lot about my friends and family and I'd take a bullet for most of them.

I don't romanticize about them though. I don't say to them "I love you" in any kind of way.
Longevity wrote...
C13R-66Y wrote...
Longevity wrote...

I don't romanticize about them though. I don't say to them "I love you" in any kind of way.

but you can see how one can turn from a total stranger into someone you care about, because like you said you care about your friends, so why cant the same thing happen romantically?
Firstbornnyc wrote...
Longevity wrote...
C13R-66Y wrote...
Longevity wrote...

but you can see how one can turn from a total stranger into someone you care about, because like you said you care about your friends, so why cant the same thing happen romantically?

I just don't feel I can actually spend my life with someone and be romantically involved with them. Sure I know my friends really well, but I don't live with them. I don't romanticize about them I do care about them, but I don't feel for them intimately.
Longevity wrote...
Firstbornnyc wrote...
Longevity wrote...
C13R-66Y wrote...
Longevity wrote...

I just don't feel I can actually spend my life with someone and be romantically involved with them. Sure I know my friends really well, but I don't live with them. I don't romanticize about them I do care about them, but I don't feel for them intimately.

what part of your definition of love says that yall HAVE to live together? if love to you is keeping your space i garuntee you there is a person out there with those exact same values. whats stopping you from loving someone like that?

you can love a girl that stays 300 miles away, there are people who are in "open" relationships where they still love each other but are in agreement that they sleep with other people, it all depends on your definition of love, like I said before its more than one kind, I dont think you are dismissing falling in love so much as you dont agree with the "traditional" sense of getting married with a house and picket fence and all that bull, you should explore other forms of love and find whats right for you before you go off and dismiss the whole concept.
I guess I can answer. Love is great and not a waste if you find the right one and its reciprocated. other than that I guess it can be trivial...

most of the bad things that came my way were when I chose this thing called love, most of the good things that came my way were times when I chose what I thought is best for me instead. but thats just me
Takerial Lovable Teddy Bear
This topic isn't a based on a question, but an outright statement that Long is trying to project to make his insecurities feel justified.

People who say that it is a waste of time are rationalizing out the fear that they won't be able to find it for themselves.

The thing is. Before you can say love is a waste of time, you have to explain what you mean by love.

Because it can mean a whole lot of things and has a variety of forms for itself. Love for your pet, love for your friends, love for your family, love for you romantic partner.

Are they a waste of time? It completely depends.

If you want to treat them like a waste of time, then yes, they will become a waste of time. Just like if you don't treat them as such, and seek out meaning in it, you will find some meaning in it.

It's all a matter of perspective and willingness to adventure out.

Will it end badly? Could. It's life and life doesn't play fair. But even if you end up in an unfair situation, does that really mean it was a waste of time?

Not if you don't allow it to be.

If you don't allow yourself to adventure you will never find any treasure.

I know when I hold my fiance's hand, kiss her sleeps and pull her into my arms. That these emotions I feel mean more to me than anything could have possibly meant to me before. Emotions I could never have had if I never experienced love.

No matter what may come, I will not regret having these emotions.
This may not be the appropriate place to put this but

I have been browsing the threads and discovered just like me
you are all little bubbling cauldrons of doubt, fears, insecurities and inhibitions

As I write poetry I have taken it upon myself to summarize

It is not Great but OK for a short effort

Here it is)
Punctuation spelling and syntax aside I welcome your views

ME TOO

You say you worry about so many things
That having a love in our lives might bring.

Me too

Shall I say the things on my mind?
Or will it break the ropes that bind?

Me too

Am I too smart or are they just dumb?
I don’t think there’s a rule of thumb.

Me too

If I confess will it wind up a mess?
And I will be dumped like all the rest.

Me too

And If we do. What then you think?.
Will happen to us, as we stand on the brink?

Me too

If we fight will it end?
Send us both round the bend.

Me to

I’m writing it down cause
My life hit the bottom
When you called me and said

“We have nothing in common”

© Pony mmx
Pages Prev123Next