What do you want/expect for Xmas/Holidays 2013?

Pages 12Next
Is anyone expecting anything special, present-wise? Like technology, Guns/swords, other awesome shit.

All I'm getting are socks n' boxers. :'(
As far as presents go, I'm thinking of asking Santa for a couple of books. Maybe the Iliad which is an expensive little gem and maybe a few cheap ones. Also, I might be getting either Bioshock Infinite or The Last of Us myself.

As far as the Holidays in general, I'm thinking I might spend some time with old friends, just hanging out, keeping in touch instead of drifting away and then spending Christmas Eve with a few family members in a slightly awkward, passive-aggresive night where most people stay by the fire watching TV non-stop.
nateriver10 wrote...
Spoiler:
As far as presents go, I'm thinking of asking Santa for a couple of books. Maybe the Iliad which is an expensive little gem and maybe a few cheap ones. Also, I might be getting either Bioshock Infinite or The Last of Us myself.

As far as the Holidays in general, I'm thinking I might spend some time with old friends, just hanging out, keeping in touch instead of drifting away and then spending Christmas Eve with a few family members in a slightly awkward, passive-aggresive night where most people stay by the fire watching TV non-stop.

You actually have really good ideas... I should probably keep in touch with my friends over the holidays, especially seeing as most of my family interactions are going to include my dad yelling at us over stupid shit, and my having to endure it because he's a frail, crippled old man with heart disease...

Really, I'd beat the shit out of my father if he was more durable, like he used to be. But I guess I waited too long for that.

I guess keeping in touch with a couple of college friends and my friends back in my hometown would be good enough.
Been thinking about the PS4.
MyLastStand wrote...
All I'm getting are socks n' boxers. :'(

Mail those boxers to me, I only got 6 pairs. That ain't enough for a 7 days week.
DarkShatter wrote...
Mail those boxers to me, I only got 6 pairs. That ain't enough for a 7 days week.

Well I only have 4 pairs, 2 of which have rips/holes, one of which has a hole torn right where my balls usually are.

But if I get an abundance for some reason, I'll hook you up with the extras.
I always ask for very small things on Christmas/my birthday;
this year I asked for a pack of Altoids or an Atari 2600 game from a local flee market (last I checked, it was going for 2 USD).
Gravity cat the adequately amused
GTA V because I ordered it. Used a £10 gift voucher from Argos as we'd shopped there before. I was out when it arrived though.
I'm not expecting anything.
devsonfire 3,000,000th Poster
Christmas means holidays for our family, we don't exchange gifts or anything, so I don't expect anything.
I'm getting a sewing machine :3, and hopefully my parents noticed my tiny hint that I want a copy of Boondock Saints I&II >.> that is all though.

I think I'm going to buy my boyfriend a small record player :3, any suggestions on not too expensive simple ones?
Just a pair of brown combat shoes and some other little things.
Some new electronic to get me started. Maybe a new gaming console, though I'm pretty fine with my Wii U and 360. Maybe a new phone, I've been eyeing the Xperia ZA Special Edition for some time......maybe a new Vocaloid voicebank to work with. Wanna start working with the Chinese ones as well
I wanted a cute pet rat for Christmas, but sadly, I'm not allowed to have any pets ;___; *sniff*

I know I'm getting a 3DS XL from my grandpa and I bought myself(does that count as a gift?) new headphones

that's pretty much it
MyLastStand wrote...
You actually have really good ideas... I should probably keep in touch with my friends over the holidays, especially seeing as most of my family interactions are going to include my dad yelling at us over stupid shit, and my having to endure it because he's a frail, crippled old man with heart disease...

Really, I'd beat the shit out of my father if he was more durable, like he used to be. But I guess I waited too long for that.

I guess keeping in touch with a couple of college friends and my friends back in my hometown would be good enough.

Sorry to hear about your dad (or maybe you'd prefer if I was sorry about the fact that you didn't get to beat the shit out of him) but anyway... Reuniting with old friends, I find, is a beautiful thing (when it works, obviously. It can also be a complete let-down). Far, far greater than reuniting with family members, in my opinion. So, if there's something better to do on Holidays, I haven't heard of it. (Kicking one's dad's ass being an obvious exception)
my mind is blank about things that i like
suki888 wrote...

tasty food? something anime related, like comfy clothes with pikachu on it? a new sex toy? I can't believe you don't know what you'd like.
If my Mom actually gives it to me, mosasaurus teeth, a few trilobite fossils and a piece of amber with a late cretaceous era leaf in it... She has a bad habit of losing them and giving them to me years later (when she finds them in her closet. For how smart she is, my Mom can be quite scatter-brained... Every year without fail I get nothing on the actual day, but randomly within the next few years she finds them and gives me them to me after that. I know what it is because the last time her and I went drinking she showed me the teeth and told me about the rest... What's funny is that she's still indulging in my dinosaur obsession from when I was a kid (although I've outgrown it for the most part, though my fascination with evolutionary theory and the strides the science has made are intact)
I don't really want anything so I'm not expecting much.

I'v still yet to do some Christmas shopping for my fam n friends though.
opanihuya wrote...
suki888 wrote...

tasty food? something anime related, like comfy clothes with pikachu on it? a new sex toy? I can't believe you don't know what you'd like.

that gives me an idea, well it is none other than cheese cake
Pages 12Next