DOOM (2016)

artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
The granddaddy is back, bitches. All hail.

Nostalgic hype aside, I was impressed by the gameplay shown for the game. Was slightly put off by the industrial sections looking a little too much like from Doom 3, but Hell looked pretty great. Super shotgun and chainsaw are back and pack a heavy punch each, couldn't really give two shits about the other weapons. Takedowns are neat and brutal, though I can't really say how I feel about them giving drops and hence being somewhat necessary to do all the time when the going gets tough (at least there's no regenerating health).

All in all, 2016 needs to get here fast, but not so fast. I want this baby as ironed out as possible.
They got plenty of time to tweak the game so a few things I noticed I think they should fix is:
-Plasma rifle when shooting looked like you were hitting enemies with cotton balls...
-Enemy AI (unless they were playing on easy difficulty) just looked sort of dumb.

I thought the game looked really good and really excited to try multiplayer. Who doesn't want to try to be one of those demons lol.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
blinkgirl211 wrote...
They got plenty of time to tweak the game so a few things I noticed I think they should fix is:
-Plasma rifle when shooting looked like you were hitting enemies with cotton balls...
-Enemy AI (unless they were playing on easy difficulty) just looked sort of dumb.

I thought the game looked really good and really excited to try multiplayer. Who doesn't want to try to be one of those demons lol.

Plasma rifle does look like it could be a little stronger, but then again I was never a fan of the thing.

As for the AI, well here's hoping it's just being played on Easy/Normal. Real fun of Doom, as we all know, starts from Ultra-Violence.
Data Zero Valkyrie Forces CO
Fix the guns.

And the gameplay trailer showed that they visually neutered boomstick...

Sad sad sad...
Good, everyone seemed to notice that Doom's nuts were at least 50 pounds lighter than they should have been. Id always gets the shotgun right, but that plasma rifle has no fucking stopping power. Also, watching the gameplay again, what really ruins it is the retarded AI and robotic gameplay. Fucking Doom 3 had a higher IQ and that gameplay was just unnatural. They should do something about those repetitive animations, too. They probably left it in the trailer for the "for reals gameplay" authenticity, but the awe factor for the chainsaw and melee wore off after I realized that all the animations were exhausted with the enemies they used.

Also, get that fucking wubstep out of my Doom. Go metal or go home. If I want to hear robots fart, I'll go watch Transformers.
NEXUS Since 2010
Rbz wrote...
Good, everyone seemed to notice that Doom's nuts were at least 50 pounds lighter than they should have been. Id always gets the shotgun right, but that plasma rifle has no fucking stopping power. Also, watching the gameplay again, what really ruins it is the retarded AI and robotic gameplay. Fucking Doom 3 had a higher IQ and that gameplay was just unnatural. They should do something about those repetitive animations, too. They probably left it in the trailer for the "for reals gameplay" authenticity, but the awe factor for the chainsaw and melee wore off after I realized that all the animations were exhausted with the enemies they used.

Also, get that fucking wubstep out of my Doom. Go metal or go home. If I want to hear robots fart, I'll go watch Transformers.

Well, hopefully you can just mute the music and play this.
Some issues I have with it like others, but personally I think speaking or making judgements about the gameplay a year before release is a bit asanine. Hype trailer is for hype, not debate or critique.
William wrote...
speaking or making judgements about the gameplay a year before release is a bit asanine.

We're judging what was presented, nig. No one's making conclusions about the final product. Every detail provided by the hype hungry marketing department deserves a critical viewing.
Rbz wrote...
No one's making conclusions about the final product.

Nor did I say you were, though I understand how what I wrote could be interpreted that way.

The point is that I feel critiquing a trailer which will likely hold very little relevance to the product I end up playing is a complete waste of time, therefore foolish. It doesn't add value to my life and it leaves me no wiser to the final product and my potential enjoyment than I was before.
William wrote...
It doesn't add value to my life and it leaves me no wiser to the final product and my potential enjoyment than I was before.

While ultimately pointless from a consumer standpoint, try to think of this ritual as related to the hype and anticipation, or the interest people have in the game's existence, where the value is derived from indulging a basic human urge to express our opinions to others. That shot of dopamine I get when I let people know how much I fucking hate dubstep being shoehorned into everything just gives me a big bad brain boner.

Fun fact: the etymology of the term "mental masturbation" is a rich history of relieving brain boners.
Like other have said, the AI were completely off. There was none of that terror that Doom 3 made me feel just for poking my head around the corner. There was no atmosphere whatsoever. And after Doom 3, Doom is all about the atmosphere. It looked like a slightly updated Halo 4 if anything.

The super shotgun and chainsaw were great to see again. Again like everyone else said, the Plasma Rifle was utter crap. The weapon switch makes the game seem too easy too. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but in Doom 3 you didn't have any kind of slowdown while choosing a weapon. I'm pretty sure you actually had to reload your gun as well.

All in all, I'm sure it'll be a great game at the final release.

Also the jaw rip,skull ripping, and death animation was brutally beautiful.