Fakku's LoL tournament discussion 2012

guammastermind671 Da RL Lurker at FAKKU
When is the next tournament coming up?
Video Games Section.
Tegumi "im always cute"
Have another warning. Also, never, because Yushi was the host and he's MIA now.
Tegumi wrote...
Also, never, because Yushi was the host and he's MIA now.

So it won't be coming back for awhile then eh?

Tegumi wrote...
Have another warning.

another warning? I haven't posted anything wrong since SD...
Tegumi "im always cute"
guammastermind671 wrote...

What section did you originally post this in?
Tegumi wrote...

What section did you originally post this in?

...your still counting Sd? Fml...

ah wth!!! besides that Tegumi, is there a way to start the tournament again??? I would love to help out in starting it up!
I'm in! Can i bring in my own team that's not from Fakku! though? It'll still be a lot of fun, especially for us.

But if not, I need more peeps to add me on Skype.

sakabato24
sakabato24 wrote...
I'm in! Can i bring in my own team that's not from Fakku! though? It'll still be a lot of fun, especially for us.

But if not, I need more peeps to add me on Skype.

sakabato24

thats if we can get it started though, will need an admin I think to post it on front page :)
I was going to win the last one.

True story.
Will this be a 3v3 or a 5v5?

Dominion, classic, or both?

When is this going to start and what time?
sakabato24 wrote...
Will this be a 3v3 or a 5v5?

Dominion, classic, or both?

When is this going to start and what time?

I would try to make it 5v5 - classic usually. But I'm open to suggestions if we can get a group together to help start this function up. If we can get the ball rolling, I'll try to set it up on either the middle of June on Friday or Saturday, around 8-9pm eastern time.

Ace, man wrote...
I was going to win the last one.

True story.

Thats good to hear! :) If you can help, I'll need somebody to help put this in front of the front page, so everyone will know about it! :}
Do it Saturday, me and my friends are usually always on the weekends.

Are you going to stream it?
sakabato24 wrote...

Idm Saturday, but streaming it? Never done that before...will look up on it and see what I can do to do that, but I have a clear idea that if people want to watch the game, they can just spectate it from the lobby :)
sakabato24 wrote...

Idm Saturday, but streaming it? Never done that before...will look up on it and see what I can do to do that, but I have a clear idea that if people want to watch the game, they can just spectate it from the lobby :)

There are only two spectating slots in the lobby.

Streaming would make everything easier if people don't have an EUNE, EUW or NA account.

With that said, what region is it going to be on?
Yoshii wrote...
sakabato24 wrote...

Streaming would make everything easier if people don't have an EUNE, EUW or NA account.

Probably NA, idk how to switch to EU
Yoshii wrote...
sakabato24 wrote...

I have an account on all 3.
Yoshii wrote...
Yoshii wrote...
sakabato24 wrote...

I have an account on all 3.

Thats good. Might as well start it, but who should I pm to post this on the front page?
Thats good. Might as well start it, but who should I pm to post this on the front page?

You should think about planning first, you need people that want to be in it.

You can't just announce "There will be a LoL tournament" if nobody has an interest in it, make a list of participants. When you have the list and you know on what server it's gonna be on then you can start to think about who to tell.

Are you gonna have a stream?
Will there be an official host/commentator?
Which server will it be on?
Are these going to be pre-decided teams or random Fakkuzers playing together?

Make a list of things you have to do before telling Jacob/Raze/Nikon.
If the tournament starts around 8-9PM EST on Saturday, I don't think my team is going to make that time. We all start work the time you start the tournament, so iIt all depends on the vast majority of the players that want to participate in this tournament.

So if you can get the date, time, and any and all of the teams/participants that want to do the tournament locked in, the tournament should be a go.

As a suggestion, you could ask for teams of 5 to join. If there are any extra people that would like to participate, let them in, but also let them know that they either have to choice who out of the random people want to play together, or just randomize the team for them.

As for the time, I find that 9PM on a Friday night would work well. This way the people who live on the West Coast, can still participate after work/dinner, and there will be enough time to go through the tournament bracket.

For streaming, use JustinTV, UStream, or TwitchTV, to stream. It's easier to stream games from a computer than it is to stream it from a console, so set-up should be relatively easy. Just look up the websites and see which one lets you stream directly from your computer.

Also, a good program to organize tournaments like this :

http://allisfighter.com/tio/

Just hit Download on the right-hand side of the website

Hope this helps.

~Saka