KOF XIII

I haven't played KOF since 2001 and so far from what I've seen I might back into the series.

your shiting me, you havent play KOF 12?
you missed out KOF 12 was great it kick backed to basics with an amazing graphics overhaul. 12 was so noob friendly that people who didnt necessarily play fighters felt like they could take on anybody. Simple game play, responsive commands, with new gimmicks. deadlocks to be able to clash with any attack without taking damage. the Critical Hit combo, for amateurs button mashing to get cool combos, for experts doing more than 50% damage. over all KOF 12 i say is one of the best fighting games out right now.
SeriousSAM wrote...
you missed out KOF 12 was great it kick backed to basics with an amazing graphics overhaul. 12 was so noob friendly that people who didnt necessarily play fighters felt like they could take on anybody. Simple game play, responsive commands, with new gimmicks. deadlocks to be able to clash with any attack without taking damage. the Critical Hit combo, for amateurs button mashing to get cool combos, for experts doing more than 50% damage. over all KOF 12 i say is one of the best fighting games out right now.

Which makes things sound good, but a lot of ideas implemented in KOF12 ended up not working, and the mass majority hates the game, and for good reason: new players found it shallow, and the changes turned away the veterans. The gameplay literally became too simple and a shadow of the previous games.. Deadlock/Sousai I had no problem with, and as a matter of fact, you DID take damage on clashing, to prevent people from simply clashing with everything instead of taking chip damage. Critical combos were an extremely stupid mechanic.. Once somebody's bar started flashing, one guy plays runaway while the other desperately tries to land a point blank counterhit. Not to mention the damage output was simply outright retarded. Despite all this, the key problem is that key elements of KOF were thrown out of the window.. CD blowbacks on block, hyperhops, a majority of movesets were dropped and incomplete, loss of far/standing normals, and so on, along with the trash netcoding made it an unpolished and unfinished wreck with a pretty interior.

If you're going to get back into the series, your best bets are 98 Ultimate Match, 2002 Unlimited Match, KOF XI, or KOF XIII when it releases. Hell, even NGBC is good in that regard.
I was soooooo disappointed in KOF XII, but I'm willing to give this a shot.
KawaiianPunch wrote...
SeriousSAM wrote...

Which makes things sound good, but a lot of ideas implemented in KOF12 ended up not working, and the mass majority hates the game, and for good reason: new players found it shallow, and the changes turned away the veterans. The gameplay literally became too simple and a shadow of the previous games.. Deadlock/Sousai I had no problem with, and as a matter of fact, you DID take damage on clashing, to prevent people from simply clashing with everything instead of taking chip damage. Critical combos were an extremely stupid mechanic.. Once somebody's bar started flashing, one guy plays runaway while the other desperately tries to land a point blank counterhit. Not to mention the damage output was simply outright retarded. Despite all this, the key problem is that key elements of KOF were thrown out of the window.. CD blowbacks on block, hyperhops, a majority of movesets were dropped and incomplete, loss of far/standing normals, and so on, along with the trash netcoding made it an unpolished and unfinished wreck with a pretty interior.

If you're going to get back into the series, your best bets are 98 Ultimate Match, 2002 Unlimited Match, KOF XI, or KOF XIII when it releases. Hell, even NGBC is good in that regard.

Wow seems like they added a lot of stuff since I last played KOF. Honestly the reason I didn't touch 12 was because it wasn't reviewed that well and not a lot friends I knew got into it. I'm just hoping 13 doesn't disappoint.

Still kinda baffled at Iori without flames. None the less once 13 comes out I'll give it a try and see if it has enough power to keep me away from playing Blazblue: Continuum Shift.
SeriousSAM wrote...

lies!, all lies!
ergh, KOFXII was a complete let down for me, like a half-assed incomplete game >>; wtf is SNK doing.

But about my fav KoF, id say its 2002 =p
This game is looking to be my favorite 2D fighter ever. The graphics, music, roster, and the levels all look amazing. I hate it when people bash on XII; I mean, yes the game was lacking a lot of stuff, but I say that it's easily the most fun to play (with another human in the room). But I digress~

I have seen a lot on this game, and it is looking amazing. I can't wait to use K'. =D
mrprince04 wrote...
This game is looking to be my favorite 2D fighter ever. The graphics, music, roster, and the levels all look amazing. I hate it when people bash on XII; I mean, yes the game was lacking a lot of stuff, but I say that it's easily the most fun to play (with another human in the room). But I digress~

I have seen a lot on this game, and it is looking amazing. I can't wait to use K'. =D

Any fighting game is better when playing someone in person, as oppose to online. Unless your connection is CRAZYGOOD. My only problem online is just getting decent games without lag.

K' is pretty dope! Is Kula going to be in XIII?