The Dreamcast Returns. In Style.

Pages 12Next
Looks like games from the fan-favourite Dreamcast are coming to PSN and Xbox LIVE.

Kotaku wrote...
The Dreamcast returns this fall... sort of.

Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi will be the first two Dreamcast titles to hit the Playstation Network and Xbox Live as digital downloads this fall in celebration of the 11th anniversary of the launch of the Dreamcast. Sega says more classic titles will follow.

The games are based on the original Dreamcast title "featuring all of the gameplay that older players fell in love with, whilst allowing a new audience to discover it for the very first time." The titles will also include enhancements like higher resolution visuals, surround sound, online leader boards and of course both achievement and trophy integration.

Launched on September 9, 1999, the SEGA Dreamcast had a software library of more than 650 titles.

"The Dreamcast is fondly remembered by a large community of dedicated fans as a console that was ahead of its time in terms of graphics, quality and online gaming" said Haruki Satomi, VP of Digital Business at SEGA of America and SEGA Europe. "There are few things that are more requested from us than making Dreamcast classics available for download in today's digital market place. We're very excited to begin offering gamers our beloved Dreamcast titles again on the current console systems."

Source

Thoughts? All I ask for is Jet Set Radio and Shenmue I and II. Hop to it Sega.
*imagines Skies of Arcadia in HD*

Damn, forgot about SoA. >:
Crazy Taxi!! spend a shitload of money in the arcades playing that game. Definitly getting it from the XBL
Azuran wrote...
Spoiler:

Oh god, please let it happen. I have the game here and all but I was never able to finish it because the second disc would freeze everytime I fought against one of the gigas. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU-

I'll try replaying it with my friend's copy though and see how far I get...
Oh fuck yea. Sonic Adventure and Jet Set Radio HD would make my year.
Kuroneko1/2 wrote...
Oh fuck yea. Sonic Adventure and Jet Set Radio HD would make my year.
Azuran wrote...

^This
Dreamcast is back?
DID SOMEONE JUST FUCKIN SAY CRAZY TAXI?

lollollol12 wrote...
DID SOMEONE JUST FUCKIN SAY CRAZY TAXI?

The only game I can even think of is Skies of Arcadia which I am now playing for umpteenth time now. In fact, I'm at the purple mooon part this time around.

So, cuz of that, its doubtful I will be getting skies of arcadia if it comes out for PS3.

I have no need to rebuy it xD

I wanna new content.

Seriously, I've replayed it so much enough that the world feels so small and cramped to me, and pulling off few oneshots on some bosses for lulz Even grabbing alot of single hit field wipes on tons of trash mobs.

I wanna play with more ships, heck, I wanna bigger airship battles. Just bored but still replaying it xD
Callonia wrote...
The only game I can even think of is Skies of Arcadia which I am now playing for umpteenth time now. In fact, I'm at the purple mooon part this time around.

So, cuz of that, its doubtful I will be getting skies of arcadia if it comes out for PS3.

I wanna new content.

Seriously, I've replayed it so much enough that the world feels so small and cramped to me, and pulling off few oneshots on some bosses for lulz Even grabbing alot of single hit field wipes on tons of trash mobs.

I wanna play with more ships, heck, I wanna bigger airship battles. Just bored but still replaying it xD

It's the best game ever made. One more time wouldn't hurt.

Are you playing the DC or GCN version?
Nashrakh Little White Butterflies Staff
And here I thought the Dreamcast would see a reissue or an upgrade. Meh.
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
Jet set radio, Trickstyle and Shenmue 2 please...
WarLord wrote...
Jet set radio, Trickstyle and Shenmue 2 please...

JSR FTW! Also both Shenmue games would be good.
Evolution 1 & 2 and SoA releases pl0x... Add HD to that too.

or a Dreamcast 2 + shenmue 3 = very happy gamer
Azuran wrote...
Callonia wrote...

I wanna new content.

It's the best game ever made. One more time wouldn't hurt.

Are you playing the DC or GCN version?

I have both, however considering the status of my dreamcast version which is scratched to hell and beyond, i'm playing the GCN version.
I wish that 3rd strike should be on XBL or psn soon...but then again people still use the 1st xbox for 3rd strike to play online
Dejitaru Ryuu wrote...
Crazy Taxi!! spend a shitload of money in the arcades playing that game. Definitly getting it from the XBL

That game was the shit back when I was like 10, Can't wait until
I can download it.
Pages 12Next