[Winter Contest Entry 2017] Meeting

waterflame FAKKUDL.NET
This may barely fit within the theme(depending on how you look at it) but I feel it does. Hopefully you don't mind it. I'm normally don't write but I get times we I just start writing. I'm pretty bad at creating characters and how they might act... so I tend to stick to short stories. This is also the second story as I starting writing another but between other issues and staying within word limit I feel this worked out for the best. Seat back, relax, and enjoy~

Spoiler:

I just got off the airplane... Have I found my new home? Well we aren't living together... Yet. This will be the first time I’ll have met his parents. I've missed him since he last visited me. When was that again? It feels like ages...

Anyway I have my bag I need to head to pick up... what if he's already been waiting?

He hasn't... My phones about to die where is he...?

Thankfully, right as my phone dies he shows up.

"Sorry I'm late! Traffic was a little messy."

That's a lie... I know you being yourself left a few minutes before the plane landed thinking you'd make it. You really need to plan ahead.

"That's an utter lie and you know it. You have to take me for sweets later~"

He chuckles smiling.

"Was it that obvious? I knew I should of used something better."

"How about just not lying..? Now we should probably get going we are at pick up still you know."

He loads my bag in his car’s trunk and we get in and drive off. I'm pretty nervous as to what they'll think of me... As I'm looking down in thought I feel my hand being taken. I look up.

"You know, I think they'll like you a lot. I'm still shocked your parents liked me. They even invited me back!" He said with his right hand now entwined with mine.

That is true. I was pretty worried when he first came to visit. He's pretty nice and he was quite normal from the outside for today's standard. My parents seem to like him... Well at least they didn't dislike him.

"Well they may be who they are.. A little rough around the edges but I think they still care about me. I think they actually liked you a lot."

We continued talking till we got to his parents house.

"Ahh... Before we go in, I need to go to the store and get some stuff I forget." I say nervously trying to prevent what’s about the happen.

"We can go after meeting them. Now come on... I'll go in first."

He goes in the door first and comes back quicker then I expect... I'm not ready for this.

"Okay they're both in the living room and they want to meet you~"

He holds my hand as we walk in.

"Her she is~ Isn't she just the cutest thing?!"

As I hear him say this I start to blush. Your doing this on purpose aren't you?

"Hey sweety, I'm his mother."

"H-Hello... I-I'm sorry I'm so nervous"

"It's okay hun. Just take your time and make yourself at home."

As I'm processing this I notice something. There's only one person here. Didn't he say both of his parents were here? I look at him as he's smiling and laughing as he talks to her.

"U-um... Where's your dad?"

He stops talking and his face makes a subtle frown before changing back to a smile.

"He-... He’s been here the whole time~!" He says this as his softish voice changes into a somewhat booming proud voice you might find in a movie where the detective is about to announce who the villain is. As he says this he brings me in to the room his mother is in.

"This is my Father!" He says proudly pointing towards a picture. Is this some type of joke? Am I on a hidden camera TV show? No.. That’s not it-

"I'm sure he's sorry he can't be here in person to witness your sheer beauty but I'm sure he can see you from where he is… He may no longer be around but he was the best dad you could ever ask for…-"

It was at that moment I notice a urn under the picture frame on the shelf below. Oh... His dad is dead.