[Anime] Tokyo Ghoul

Pages 12345NextLast
Synopsis:
The suspense horror/dark fantasy story is set in Tokyo, which is haunted by mysterious "ghouls" who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like him, at the café he frequents. Little does he realize that his fate will change overnight.

Obtained from MAL

Here are the previews for the upcoming anime.
Spoiler:

Ready to get some spooks this summer?
Been waiting for this for about one and a half year already. About goddamn time. I love the manga and have high hopes for this anime. Hopefully it's not going to be rushed. But seeing how much they put on the animation, they probably have a big budget on how long they will span this series. Studio Pierrot did a major fuck up on Beelzebub, then again they have a new director this time and a decent staff working on it.

Only gripe I have on this is that they keep advertising white hair Kaneki. It's suppose to be a major spoiler but it's what took the series to a higher plane.
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i25.mangareader.net/toukyou-kushu/14/toukyou-kushu-4441025.jpg

So moe

I really like this series, I picked it up today and ran my way through the entire thing in one go. High expectations.
I'm getting Deadman Wonderland vibes from the previews.
DarkShatter wrote...

I drew more parallels to Saya no Uta but in terms of action and lore Deadman Wonderland is closer.
I get to see Kaneki tortured, and lose it. Animated.

I get to see sexy ass Touka be tsundere. Animated

[size=28][color=#9D0A0A]ALL MY YES[/color][/h]
As soon as I saw this I got kinda excited. I do love horror so hopefully it'll be good.
Tribly wrote...
Only gripe I have on this is that they keep advertising white hair Kaneki. It's suppose to be a major spoiler but it's what took the series to a higher plane.

Spoiler:
I read some parts of the manga, and to be honest, it got interesting only AFTER Kaneki flushed his Shinji-ism down the toilet. I mean, it makes sense that a quiet guy like him would take a while to break, but over sixty chapters? Seriously? :x

DarkShatter wrote...

I got the same (mostly because the ghouls, when using their powers, remind me of the Forgeries from DW), though I also got strong Prototype vibes as well.

Ghoul!Kaneki + BLACKLIGHT = meat moss everywhere
[size=28][color=#9D0A0A]LE FIRST EPISODE IS OUT.[/color][/h]

mfw the whole episode:
Forum Image: http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc34/OniNoKage/1395938023414.gif

The production quality is good. Very good.
Faithful first episode. Hope it doesn't deviate too much.

[size=28][color=#9D0A0A]BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THAT.

SUFFERING KANEKI IS KAWAII. TSUNDERE TOUKO IS KAWAII.

HHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
[/color][/h]
Awww yeah Kaneki's slobbering/despair face is too good, the whole distorted senses feeling that Kaneki is going through gave me just as strong Saya no Uta chills as the manga so it's a good start. The only thing I can complain about is the censorship blotting out all the good stuff.
... So, do they censor this anime very bad? I'm yet to DL/watching it... D:
WideEyedMan wrote...
Awww yeah Kaneki's slobbering/despair face is too good, the whole distorted senses feeling that Kaneki is going through gave me just as strong Saya no Uta chills as the manga so it's a good start. The only thing I can complain about is the censorship blotting out all the good stuff.

Please tell me you're trolling.

They already pulled off that stunt with Brynhildr and it was godawful, don't tell me it's the standard now.

EDIT: Holy shit, this is going to be awesome. I hope some decent group will pick this up for subbing, it deserves love.
AzelleFans wrote...

Not too bad. Though I agree on WideEyedMan, the episode would've been much better if it wasn't uncensored. I haven't read the manga yet, but I'm liking this already. The sound of blood splattering, teeth grinding, and all that chewing...eerily ear-orgasmic.
Odamust wrote...
AzelleFans wrote...

Not too bad. Though I agree on WideEyedMan, the episode would've been much better if it wasn't uncensored. I haven't read the manga yet, but I'm liking this already. The sound of blood splattering, teeth grinding, and all that chewing...eerily ear-orgasmic.

Oh, okay. Gonna DL-ing it, then. Thanks~
*joining the ranks*
This show is pretty good as of the 1st epd.
Tsamari C.E.O of Pancakes
[color=#ff69b4]The first episode was pretty good and I love the darkness of it.

I just hope they don't fuck up as it goes on.
Great first episode.
MC got lucky in the first episode. Will keep watching.
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
I like this kind of genre and the first episode was interesting to me so I will keep up with it. I just hope that it doesn't get shitty or boring at any point, since I feel like it could.
This censorship. To be frank it's not even satisfying the gore itch anymore so much as seeing black screens ruining plot-relevant or fight scenes, good job Funimation. I'm going to watch the raw and hope it's better.

EDIT: Nope no dice.
Pages 12345NextLast