xbox one has redeemed itself

Pages Prev12345Next
Danjamin wrote...

In other words, pay more because fuck you, having fun while paying lower than what I will be.

How dare people save money.

What I'm saying is how dare a bunch of penny pinchers detract from the value of fun of an object.

You're saying the xbox is bad because you want to say 10 bucks a year for online serivces. That's moronic at best.

You can afford $400 for a PS4, $60 per game, $50 a year for online services, and you are arguing over $100 more for the system and $10 more a year for online services.

Seriously, that is your entire argument.

Like I said, if you can't afford to cough up an additional $100 which is a little bit less then 2 games, or the same price as the play station camera device. Which you would automatically get if you got an xboxone. Not to mention that the kinect is 10 times the device the itoy or whatever it is called is. Cause that logic is idiotic, "I base my fun value on the lowest dollar value because my welfare doesn't let me afford an xbox."

If you are buying a console because of the games, that makes sense.
If you are buying a console because you are a sony fanbou, that makes sense.
If you are buying a console because you want to pinch pennies, you are an idiot.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
theotherjacob wrote...
If you are buying a console because you want to pinch pennies, you are an idiot.

First-worlder, are you?
Aai FAKKU Ass Master
theotherjacob wrote...
Danjamin wrote...

In other words, pay more because fuck you, having fun while paying lower than what I will be.

How dare people save money.

What I'm saying is how dare a bunch of penny pinchers detract from the value of fun of an object.

You're saying the xbox is bad because you want to say 10 bucks a year for online serivces. That's moronic at best.

You can afford $400 for a PS4, $60 per game, $50 a year for online services, and you are arguing over $100 more for the system and $10 more a year for online services.

Seriously, that is your entire argument.

Like I said, if you can't afford to cough up an additional $100 which is a little bit less then 2 games, or the same price as the play station camera device. Which you would automatically get if you got an xboxone. Not to mention that the kinect is 10 times the device the itoy or whatever it is called is. Cause that logic is idiotic, "I base my fun value on the lowest dollar value because my welfare doesn't let me afford an xbox."

If you are buying a console because of the games, that makes sense.
If you are buying a console because you are a sony fanbou, that makes sense.

I like how I am arguing about something and didn't realize it.
theotherjacob wrote...
You can afford $400 for a PS4, $60 per game, $50 a year for online services

If you wait a few years after release both consoles will be the same price and games will be cheaper. What do you gain by buying a PS+/XBLive subscription? I just got a PS3 in December and have seen no need to subscribe.
Microsoft ditching Xbox One family sharing plan
Well shit; that was only good thing going for it.
brok3n butterfly wrote...

If you wait a few years after release both consoles will be the same price and games will be cheaper. What do you gain by buying a PS+/XBLive subscription? I just got a PS3 in December and have seen no need to subscribe.

What you gain is the ability to play games online.

http://www.geek.com/games/ps4-online-multiplayer-will-require-a-playstation-plus-subscription-1559260/

On the PS4, you can NOT play games online without PS+. What you gain by paying for the subscription is the ability to play online, which is a very significant thing for a lot of people.
Redeemed?

I didn't know redeeming yourself and backpedaling were the same thing...
Medzy wrote...

That was hand in hand with the drm thing. The family sharing thing was only one of the good ideas behind the drm... Idiots have made it xbox360v2... Backpeddled the shit out of it
Drifter995 wrote...
Medzy wrote...

That was hand in hand with the drm thing. The family sharing thing was only one of the good ideas behind the drm... Idiots have made it xbox360v2... Backpeddled the shit out of it

Hahaha, I bet people are gonna start saying stuff like this now. "It lost all of its good ideas. They probably should have just kept it."
I won't forgive Microsoft for attempting the shaft their userbase any more than I suddenly love EA because they shelved online passes. They're still douchebags.
623 wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
Medzy wrote...

Hahaha, I bet people are gonna start saying stuff like this now. "It lost all of its good ideas. They probably should have just kept it."

They will... Seriously, I have no cared at all, and regardless, I'm still buying one. But seriously, the online once every 24 hours thing had good ideas behind it. and theory. It was going to be pretty much steam... so, you fuck your disk, or lose it... you still have it/ can download it. and it's with you forever... or rather your account forever

doswillrule wrote...
I won't forgive Microsoft for attempting the shaft their userbase any more than I suddenly love EA because they shelved online passes. They're still douchebags.

I still don't get how they ever tried to 'shaft' their userbase... ever.
Drifter995 wrote...
623 wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
Medzy wrote...

They will... Seriously, I have no cared at all, and regardless, I'm still buying one. But seriously, the online once every 24 hours thing had good ideas behind it. and theory. It was going to be pretty much steam... so, you fuck your disk, or lose it... you still have it/ can download it. and it's with you forever... or rather your account forever

Steam has an offline mode, the One wouldn't have functioned without that connection, at all. Steam also has sales, and competition on the same platform from GOG, Gamefly, Gamersgate, GMG...you really can't compare them.
doswillrule wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
623 wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
Medzy wrote...

Steam has an offline mode, the One wouldn't have functioned without that connection, at all. Steam also has sales, and competition on the same platform from GOG, Gamefly, Gamersgate, GMG...you really can't compare them.

But how do you know they wouldn't have sales on xbl? you're making assumptions... which, I am too... But, they have only just started giving rewards out now, so it's showing promise that sales and rewards are on the cards, as it has been a serious point raised.
and also, steam needs to be online to go offline, doesn't it?
And besides, everyone is making it out to be 24/7 online.. it's once a day, that really isn't bad. you connect it to the internet, and sync your shit, then play offline for the next 23 hours. I don't see how that is shafting anyone.
devsonfire 3,000,000th Poster
theotherjacob wrote...
devsonfire wrote...

[size=29]Does not necessary means in PS4 the PS+ is gonna be the same as PSN[/h], with PS4 you'll have to play (less than Live) to play online.

You do know the prices on PS+ and Xbox Live Gold right? And PS+ will be required to play games online. Sony said that.

anyway, the prices as 1 payment per years:

Xbox Live Gold: $59.99

PlayStation Plus: $49.99

For any idiots out there that think that price makes a difference, you are debating a difference of $10 dollars a year, which is 83 cents a month.

If you are saying that you would rather buy a PS4 because xbox live is too expensive, you shouldn't be buying a console at all.

Read my former post, do I have to explain it to you word by word of what I was saying to Long?
Shotty Too Hotty wrote...
Redeemed?

I didn't know redeeming yourself and backpedaling were the same thing...

Forum Image: http://25.media.tumblr.com/b5fecee24bad0a8e73a446e7067edc42/tumblr_mfnv1p4dwx1rvzu9do1_500.png
If you can't afford the console you want then buy the cheaper is a copout to yourself. Kinda bitching about your current car being the one you can afford but rather have (insert pleb ideal car). Plus what the use in paying for the system core but the other shit like games and online services. Wait and pirate.
Drifter995 wrote...

But how do you know they wouldn't have sales on xbl? you're making assumptions... which, I am too... But, they have only just started giving rewards out now, so it's showing promise that sales and rewards are on the cards, as it has been a serious point raised.
And besides, everyone is making it out to be 24/7 online.. it's once a day, that really isn't bad. you connect it to the internet, and sync your shit, then play offline for the next 23 hours. I don't see how that is shafting anyone.

Because they have no need to, because it's a closed system with no competitors. Their PS Plus alternative rewards have been crap so far, but we'll see. They had to do something with Xbox Live considering the dash ads and shit service.

I don't actually think that's the case any more, you can start up in offline mode, it just won't sync your latest saves. but if you know you won't have internet for a while, you can put it in offline mode beforehand and it'll work fine. With One, if you couldn't afford to pay for internet or lost your connection, you would have been stuck with a useless $500 hunk of plastic.
doswillrule wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...

Because they have no need to, because it's a closed system with no competitors. Their PS Plus alternative rewards have been crap so far, but we'll see. They had to do something with Xbox Live considering the dash ads and shit service.

I don't actually think that's the case any more, you can start up in offline mode, it just won't sync your latest saves. but if you know you won't have internet for a while, you can put it in offline mode beforehand and it'll work fine. With One, if you couldn't afford to pay for internet or lost your connection, you would have been stuck with a useless $500 hunk of plastic.

That's assuming you remember to put it in offline mode first. And, I think you can boot it in offline mode first... but if you try the second time (if you accidentally try again to connect) it won't let you... it did that to me a while ago... haven't checked since then.

But for your first point, true.

Second part of second point: True, but I'm sure there would be a way around that... But, as I said earlier/ to people ages ago, that is one massive flaw in their system. So, if they could find a way to make it like steam, in that it'll still work without online, but when you're online, it updates all your shit, and what not... that'd be cool. I'm kinda hoping they do that... keep their original ideas, but somehow implement them into the non drm shit. If they can do that. I mean, I'm sure people will leave their xbox attached to the internet 24/7 regardless
animefreak_usa wrote...
If you can't afford the console you want then buy the cheaper is a copout to yourself. Kinda bitching about your current car being the one you can afford but rather have (insert pleb ideal car). Plus what the use in paying for the system core but the other shit like games and online services. Wait and pirate.

It's a good thing no one wants the Xbone then.
NeoStriker wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...

It's a good thing no one wants the Xbone then.

Not what my brother nor my friend dirty said. He got at least a hundred a day calls for release dates, stock quotes and pre orders for it. He the store manager of best buy. I don't want either brands. I just get them for free off the truck after the first shipment.
Pages Prev12345Next