How many times have you gone to an anime convention?

How many times have you gone to an anime convention?

Total Votes : 5,244
For one, my pockets are black holes so I don't where the hell my money is. I do like anime/manga, but that's probably as far as I'd go. Occasional merchandise (like really OCCASIONAL) is fine but I don't really see the need to go to a convention.
I haven't been yet, but me and a few friends are planning to this summer. Last year we planned it too late and no one could get off work. This year we're planning more in advance and should be going. I want to go to at least one in my life so really looking forward to it.

We plan to go to Anime North and since the one friend gets back Monday from her trip hopefully it'll get decided so we can order our passes soon since I read it's already 60% sold out.
Quite a few times!
I'm no stranger to conventions!
i have never gone to one, but i would really love to go to one, one day.
anime nad manga is not a big thing here in Norway, and im not exactly a rich person, so i cant travel out country just to go to a anime convention even though i really wish i would be able to do that, but i dont have the money
I need to cosplay as someone for once, been a while since I went, crud, it's almost here too..oh well
Started out slow, only going to Fanime every year. Now I'm going to five or six cons per year! I'v got a fevah, and the only prescription is more CONS!
Higufuuindo The Enlightened
Actually this year I visited my first anime con ever. Last year I still lived in the middle of nowhere so I couldn't afford going, but now that I live in the southern part of Finland it's much more affordable than before.
Im going to animeiowa this year and plan to cosplay as android 17. i went last year by myself and made a ton of friends so this year should b even better.

interested? http://animeiowa.com/
I have never been to one... but i would really like to attend...

sadly, i live in an island (cebu, phil) where they never held one... they usually have conventions in the capital (manila) which is very far but because of work and length of travel i would never be able to attend...
Wish i could go to one, it must be fun to dress as your favorite anime character and go around and stuff. But there's more to it than that right?
Going to Sakura-Con in April. So excited.
i haven't gone that many times but it's still pretty cool though
What the!, I though only me that never go to anime convention
of course, I like to go
A Broken Lamp wrote...
Nikon wrote...
I see that some people don't want to go to an anime convention. Why's that? Too expensive/too many geeks/sounds boring/all of the above?

/a/ horror stories

I would like to hear some of these horror stories!
Never really had a chance to go to one, but it is something I would always like to go see....at least once anyway.
Never been, but I'm going to PAX EAST this year, so I'm super psyched!
Been to the past five Mechacons and will be going again this year (with a gold pass XD) and probably going to Louisianime since it is supposed to move to the city I live in.
Been to a local one, and planning to go to Fanime this year. Hope it'll be fun :D
Otakon again this year will make it number 2.