Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

Total Votes : 2,920
Lughost the Lugoat
If at all possible I try to read the manga first (based on the fact that anime tends to deviate some) but every now and then an anime will make me want to read the manga.
I always end up reading the manga of a series. But I think I like both equally.
Depends on the anime, but most of the time manga over anime. Although I almost always watch the anime then years later read the manga.
Tough choice. Some of my favorite manga either have crappy anime adaptations, or lack any at all. But I tend to like both at the end.
I definitely like sitting down and blasting through an entire anime series but I probably spend more time overall with manga.
It's nice to just kill a couple minutes reading a chapter or to bring a volume along on the bus.
i like both! whats good in anime is you can hear their voice. but i spend most of my time reading manga... but i end up choosing anime.
Hardest question i have ever had to answer!
Well since, I absolutely love reading, i prefer manga.

Bitches don't know bout my reading skills.
Depends on the genre, but I tend to watch more anime than read manga.
Anime, because it moves and sometimes they have made voice actors, also seeing the special effects in some anime really make them superior.
to be totally honest. manga. I like anime but sometimes its just too tame for tv compared to the manga. Typically the anime tends to go off and end the series on its own tangent regardless of whats occurred in the manga.
is like u say :what was first ?egg or chiken ^^?not easy to say what i like most,in my case i have to thx mangas that are makes more faster then anime ,in fact anime couldt exist wthout manga .anime contains fast action & more details,is like u say managa is an icecream and anime extra toping .both are good,i ve voted for both ,if i didnt liked mangas i woldnt enjoied fakku
Tough choice but... by 5 decimals, I prefer anime.
I like both.... The manga gives off more story the reader (Well, condsidering it the original). WHile anime brings it to life to some extent.

I vote anime, It's better to see the "Expressed" story than imagining it far from the original. The only flaw though is the twists and tad bit additions to the story. That is all.
I like anime more color beats black and white and the moans (=^^=)
asaforever The Lord of Butts!
Im not really into reading other things than normal books, so ill go for anime.
well i love both i learned to draw from watching anime and used to read manga when i got hospitalized but because of fakku i'm leaning more towards manga
I really prefer mangas. Generally animes are more "censored" than a book. Jokes are less funny etc... Just look GTO or Love Hina, the mangas are hilarious but the animes are just funny, cool at most.
Manga first, Anime later.
sakabato24 World Warrior
I prefer manga. I just enjoy reading at a leisurely pace.

Manga also feels like you can understand the storyline and the characters. I feel like I can get a better understanding of both when reading than watching. A lot of animes come from mangas, so, I prefer to read the manga, before watching the anime and see what they have changed, added, or removed.

Manga also feels straight to the point, without any episode fillers or the like, such as DBZ. I loved the DBZ anime, but a lot of the episodes feel like they are just taking up room. I remember watching an episode of the Buu Saga, and it took them one whole episode to "power up". When I read the manga, they took like 4 panels at most to get where the anime is.

I don't mind watching anime from time to time, but again, I prefer reading and being a bit more active than watching.