League of Legends (LoL)

idmb22 wrote...
I agree with the statement that you should look at others mistakes when trying to improve.

Noooo, i precisely told you that you should NOT :D :D

But yeah, what you said that you can learn from other players mistakes as well is true.

I still recommend to play ranked games even though you have to deal with the childish egos and the flame wars, for those i recommend the /ignore function. Obviously if you don't care about ranked games and you are having fun in the normals, then more power to yah! :)
Aai FAKKU Ass Master
5/5 placements, did them the past two days.

Got placed in Silver IV, pretty cool, I was hoping to stay out of bronze.

First time doing ranked, wasn't too bad.
idmb22 Input Gold Rank Here
Coconutt wrote...

Noooo, i precisely told you that you should NOT :D :D

Yeah, that was a typo, I wanted to say "should NOT", but since I wanted to emphasize the contrary in the next sentence I ended up putting afirmative both sentences. My bad. :(

Coconutt wrote...
Obviously if you don't care about ranked games and you are having fun in the normals, then more power to yah! :)

To be honest, I do not care about Rankeds anymore nor the Leagues or Ranks. I have already seen everything in LoL so I am not expecting to see more "unexpected things" anymore anywhere.

I am playing 3v3 because my friends really enjoy Ranked 3v3, we pretty much always end up 4-1 or 5-0, then disband team, create new team. I am not sure why they like doing it, but since I do not really care, I do not question it and tag along for the fun games.

Actually, funniest thing in normals is when another Player, does not matter if he is Unranked or has a Rank from Bronze V to Diamond I (it is very rare Diamond III+ Players even bother to do the following), tries to make fun of me for having a Diamond Icon and Silver Border (except when I play 3v3 Normals) and she/he fails to make me mad. Instead, normally it is she/he who gets mad because of them feeding or failing at their attempts. At the end she/he normally gets reported (if she/he was extremely rude I report her/him too) by her/his team and my team.
Tsamari C.E.O of Pancakes
[color=#ff69b4]Found this a few days ago where a CoD player ended up talking about some of the games he played in League of Legends as new player to games like LoL/DOTA. Takes him a minute to really in to it.
And that is why Riot should not be so soft when it comes to bans and be much more aggressive.

Actually is pretty funny when you try to give advice, seriously, give advice, people start geting worked up like "o'rly? i knew nub!", then "Why did you do it?", "cuz reasons"... "Ok."

People no longer distintc between being toxic, retarded or jerky to wehn you try to advice them and try to teach them something... and you get reported that.

The only thing Riot is going to achieve with the Chat Restrictions is people WILL NOT WRITE AT ALL... and will happen the same as with every other fucking "social" game in which you log in, are sent to a lobby, play ALONE WITHOUT INTERACTION WITH THE REST OF THE PLAYERS, win or lose, log off. Seriously?

If that day ever comes, I am done with League of Legends and Riot. I only hope they reconsider it.
sakabato24 World Warrior
Funny talking about ranking right now. After being place in bronze V since season II of this game, I finally climbed out and reached silver V. Took a long while to climb out (2 seasons(?)) but worthwhlie. All I got to say is that you shouldn't attack it all at once. What I did was play 2-3 games, and within these games, one loss I stopped playing, wait for a day, then went back to the grind.

Rushing it only makes it to stressful and not enjoyable to play the game. I just remind myself that I'm just a grown-ass man playing a game, and stuff like this shouldn't be stressful at all.
sakabato24 wrote...
What I did was play 2-3 games, and within these games, one loss I stopped playing, wait for a day, then went back to the grind.

Rushing it only makes it to stressful and not enjoyable to play the game.

100% this, My season 4 climb was so smooth by going with this philosophy (150 matches from placement to my current rank). Basically i'll keep playing until i get a lost, then took a break and came back fresh ready for another winning streak
Yeah, it is a really good idea to take breaks during game sessions, specially if you loose 2-3 games in a row.

Back in the day, many years ago in season 1 or 2 i think, the thing i did was that i would play as long as i get the win after loosing 2 in a row, and what ended up happening was i would loose like 8-10 games in a row, be super angry, stressed out and in a terrible mood.
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
ero-sensei wrote...
sakabato24 wrote...
What I did was play 2-3 games, and within these games, one loss I stopped playing, wait for a day, then went back to the grind.

Rushing it only makes it to stressful and not enjoyable to play the game.

100% this, My season 4 climb was so smooth by going with this philosophy (150 matches from placement to my current rank). Basically i'll keep playing until i get a lost, then took a break and came back fresh ready for another winning streak

I agree with this way of playing. I noticed that after a single loss during my placement matches, I'd go on tilt for the rest of my games.
Xillia Full Time Waifu.
xhimitsu wrote...
Anyone has any tips for someone just starting or considering starting playing league?

-Learn to last hit creeps
-Learn lane momentum, it helps you out alot in matchups
-Learn to build situationally rather than following reccomended
-Positioning is extremely key (carry roles especially)
-Look at the minimap often. (Map awareness is hard af to learn if you play for a long time without picking up the habit)
-Play every role (I don't really follow that, I suck horribly in Jungling)
-Get some friends to play with you
- **Don't play every champion, but at least know what is in their kit so you know how matchups will go. Also helps you choose good ones for a bomb ass team composition
-Don't get mad at others and ignore rage directed at you (I take constructive crit though)
-Watching streams always help.

Personally, I'm really hard on myself. I play to win and I always evaluate what I could have done better if I lose a game, even if I had the best score. Looking at your mistakes help alot. The big mistakes are easy to spot out, but it's the little mistakes that you really have to look out for. Record a few games and see what you did right and wrong. Otherwise, have fun on the Rift! :)
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Tsamari wrote...
[color=#ff69b4]Found this a few days ago where a CoD player ended up talking about some of the games he played in League of Legends as new player to games like LoL/DOTA. Takes him a minute to really in to it.
Spoiler:

Followed by a flowchart and terms. Which would prob help that person that wanted to pick up league in this thread.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/28w1m1/for_the_cod_player_a_decision_making_flow_chart/
If you've had a chance to see the new changes to Ancient Golem and BT on the PBE... holy crap I feel so divided. The loss of Tenacity vs. 10% AD...

Link to the changes.
I like the new Spirit of the Ancient Golem. I gladly give away the Tenacity for the new Stats, they seem extremely cost efficient for a whole game since the HP Boost is % based, which unless you are playing against Champions with % HP (Vayne looking at you), is a very powerful Item.
New Urgot Splash Art
Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/Sv4aXat.jpg

New Caitlyn Splash Art
Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/FgBK3HF.jpg

Soulstealer Vladimir Splash Art
Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/3SkO70Q.jpg
Great game,less than average community. Still love it. F2P but you will want to spend, easy to learn hard to master.
New legendary skin confirmed.

Dunkmaster Darius Splash Art
Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/1nVmWhh.png
Zeriam wrote...

Spoiler:

That splash art looks amazing *o*
Tsamari C.E.O of Pancakes
Zeriam wrote...

Spoiler:

[color=#ff69b4]That thing better play space jam if he gets a pentakill using his ult.
Tsamari wrote...
Zeriam wrote...

Spoiler:

[color=#ff69b4]That thing better play space jam if he gets a pentakill using his ult.

Play it to everyone in the game or i'm boycotting the skin.

In other notes, that spirit golem change makes me want to play sejuani now.
ero-sensei wrote...
In other notes, that spirit golem change makes me want to play sejuani now.

To bad your team sucked on initiating. Especially, Shyvana.