Sengoku Rance

(tbh this is my first game like this soo... I don't have much to go off of)

But as of yet, I am really enjoying this! I really hope I can find more of even or greater quality! Any recomendations would be much appritiated!
InfiniteDuress wrote...
(tbh this is my first game like this soo... I don't have much to go off of)

But as of yet, I am really enjoying this! I really hope I can find more of even or greater quality! Any recomendations would be much appritiated!

Sorry to dissappoint you but Sengoku Rance is the pinnacle of these types of visual novels, there are not many that could even be considered better, but some good visual novels that actually have gameplay are these- Utawarerumono which is a grid-based RPG game along with an awesome story, another is that I hear Tears to Tiara is a visual novel with fun gameplay, made by the same people who made Utawarerumono, and then Daibanchou: The Big Bang Age a game made by the same poeple who made Sengoku Rance, I have played very little of it but it sems good.
Also don't just take my word for it look up the visual novels and determine if you want to play them or not.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Zoraster wrote...
Sorry to dissappoint you but Sengoku Rance is the pinnacle of these types of visual novels, there are not many that could even be considered better

Sengoku Rance is indeed a great VN, but is it the pinnacle? Not Really.
The most popular yes, the one that have the best gameplay? Not Really

There are plenty of Not translated VNs that can be considered better than Rance's Gameplay. It's just that they're not translated, which means people mostly don't care about any "reviews" or praises it gets until it's translated.

One example is "Seinarukana -The Spirit of Eternity Sword 2-"
Kaimax wrote...
Zoraster wrote...
Sorry to dissappoint you but Sengoku Rance is the pinnacle of these types of visual novels, there are not many that could even be considered better

Sengoku Rance is indeed a great VN, but is it the pinnacle? Not Really.
The most popular yes, the one that have the best gameplay? Not Really

There are plenty of Not translated VNs that can be considered better than Rance's Gameplay. It's just that they're not translated, which means people mostly don't care about any "reviews" or praises it gets until it's translated.

One example is "Seinarukana -The Spirit of Eternity Sword 2-"

That is very true, but I was describing my experiences as someone who has only played translated visual novels, and by the user's response I was doubtful that he/she knew how to read Japanese, so I was mainly saying this as far as translated visual novels go, but you are indeed correct about certain untranslated visual novels that have better gameplay then Sengoku Rance. But also on untranslated games/visual novels even if I understand the gameplay and it is fun if I cannot understand the story it makes it feel like the glass is half empty; much like reading an untranslated doujin I that I am unable to read. It is hot but I still cannot understand it and I feel like something is missing. So that is why I said what I said, because it was a suggestion of visual novels that the user would most likely enjoy and be able to understand so he/she would get the full joy from playing those visual novels.
Zoraster wrote...

You do know that Sengoku Rance is a carbon copy of Kichikuou Rance right? Because it is. And it is much, much better. Kichikuou came out in 1996 and is still much better than Sengoku. I would estimate that it has at least double the possible amount of play that Sengoku has because it is set on the main continent. And that Angel route... fuck that.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Loki1321 wrote...
Zoraster wrote...

You do know that Sengoku Rance is a carbon copy of Kichikuou Rance right? Because it is. And it is much, much better. Kichikuou came out in 1996 and is still much better than Sengoku. I would estimate that it has at least double the possible amount of play that Sengoku has because it is set on the main continent. And that Angel route... fuck that.

More reason to start Kichikuoh Rance. I already have it, but god knows when will I have the motivation play it. Maybe now I guess? :P

While waiting the hype for KAtawa shoujo to cool down.
Kaimax wrote...
More reason to start Kichikuoh Rance. I already have it, but god knows when will I have the motivation play it. Maybe now I guess? :P

Yea, I would endorse this game to anyone, even if you can't read japanese. The interface is very similar to sengoku so once you get going there should not be a problem. Fair warning though, this game is really hard. The angel route i mentioned earlier... lets just they rush you... like Takeda does... but its every turn... until you beat the game... plus side is Rance become the demon king.
Needs to be reuploaded to a new location.
Btw, all the dl links are government-slaughtered and the torrent is no exist.
BeeRocker wrote...
Btw, all the dl links are government-slaughtered and the torrent is no exist.

I disagree. I found a few torrents, but they are pretty crappy. (At least I think I did find some... It was a while back.)
I have only two problems with the running.

How do you change the screen out of Widescreen mode and the some of the (But not all of) numbers have been replaced with letters.

Excellent game BTW.
can u repost new link cuz since the torrent site dont have the file at the same time mu and mp is gone for life .... plz and thnx
is there a new link for this?

found a different link

https://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?t=16041
can anyone teach me how to intsall THROUGH ENGLISH INSTALLER????
I've known this game for ages, yet am able to play it..

just yesterday
can someone help me find a way to download the game
Fruid Lurker of Threads
crownlessking wrote...
can someone help me find a way to download the game

https://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?t=16041
Does anyone still have that cheat save file with x99 of all the items and cash and whatnot?
If anyone can re-upload this I'd be really happy. I can't find any downloads or torrents anywhere.
It does seem to have gone away now.