amorim wrote...
raseru wrote...
Hi guys, I just install the game, patch with the englist patch & got this error
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/raseruz/sengoku_error.jpg

after I click the system40.exe, I got this error
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/raseruz/sengoku_error_2.jpg

can someone help me with this problem ??

Thanks a lot :)

Try installing this

I try to install the vcredist_x86.exe but this cannot solve the problem :(

Do you have the latest windows installer installed?

I use Windows XP SP 2, should I upgrade to SP3 ?

Mount the Sengoku Rance iso
Download and try using the latest installer.
Download from HERE (use direct d/l option.)
Run the installer you just downloaded. (Remember the iso must still be mounted)

Ok I'll try it when I reach home :) Thanks for the info
Im on my 3rd playthrough but it seems that it does not want to do what I want. Im trying to do a bunch this play through get the one eyed house bonus and get the 4some with the mouri sisters. But I am unable to capture kikkyu (with defeated warrior AND light attack on her) Talk about frustrating. So I went back to a earlier save before I entered Ran's route and see if I was too far in before shimazu starts doing funky things to the southern provinces and or somehing funky going on. If anything cant get the all out battle form mouri to pop ei ther this is frustrating.
Waar FAKKU Moderator
Its very hard to try for both sides of the map. Start every play through with one major goal in mind(4 mori sisters, takeda generals, other house bonuses) and aim for them. There are ony 2 routes that you can avoid losing one of the sisters, the ran route and kill monkey route. You don't have to capture the mori sisters, after you defeat them the natural way (talking to the dick girl and making motanari a ghost) you have them all in prison(I think). I believe ghost motanari joins you soon after if you have the room as well.
Ghost mori to appear requires quite a bit of work. Even then... I prefer his human form either or. Triggering the all out battle event seems to be a pain. Thoujgh the circumstanecs in that game which required me to roll back a few turns was due to the shimazu brothers absorbing them.

I just finished the ran route my god that was a weak ending. In fact it was a weak plot overall. Yamato ending was epic and likely whats gonna happen in the finale for Rance. Then reading Ran's im like for real?
raseru wrote...
Masterwolf wrote...
raseru wrote...
amorim wrote...
raseru wrote...
amorim wrote...
raseru wrote...
Hi guys, I just install the game, patch with the englist patch & got this error
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/raseruz/sengoku_error.jpg

after I click the system40.exe, I got this error
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/raseruz/sengoku_error_2.jpg

can someone help me with this problem ??

Thanks a lot :)

Try installing this

I try to install the vcredist_x86.exe but this cannot solve the problem :(

Do you have the latest windows installer installed?

I use Windows XP SP 2, should I upgrade to SP3 ?

Mount the Sengoku Rance iso
Download and try using the latest installer.
Download from HERE (use direct d/l option.)
Run the installer you just downloaded. (Remember the iso must still be mounted)

Ok I'll try it when I reach home :) Thanks for the info

I try to install the game from the lastest link you gave but I got this error when try to install it, even I already burn the game to DVD or mount it to daemon.

Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/raseruz/sengoku_error_3.jpg
its easier to set up your computer in japanese instead of applocale in my opinion not like I lose anything other then some of my start up lookign in jap
Yeah, and if you don't like leaving it on japanese then at least install the game in it then change and use applocale. Most problems game have with applocale is when installing not playing.
I have found some instances in playing games where using applocale will leave parts unreadable (mostly symbols) that changing your regional settings fixes.
This was one tough game for me many months ago, even with the help of the walkthrough posted in the first thread and other walkthroughs in Japanese websites. It was not sufficient for me at all.

I had boosted my Rance's stats to a level where most gamers found it sufficient to defeat Byakko and Xavier, but I still lost anyway. So I resorted to using save games to view some endings and CGs.

When I have more time, I might challenge this game again.
I really dont get how people bomb at byakko and xavier? Sure I had 'some' trouble but not as bad as people post. I mean you auto attack. Or maybe im just missing something
BY GOD I CANNOT BEAT THIS GAME!! Always end up with either takada being taken over by the demon army or the mori
darponz wrote...
BY GOD I CANNOT BEAT THIS GAME!! Always end up with either takada being taken over by the demon army or the mori

Try looking at some walkthroughs and you do not have to use them to win you can look through them and see general information that would be useful like...
Spoiler:
You can use the combo of Natori's Miko Wind 2 attack to damage enemies along with Uzura's attack avaible when you get a power up from her call accurate shots that attacks everyone and takes a action point away from the enemey it hits.

But not just that they can tell you how to do other useful things, and I have beat this game my self by only getting ideas from walktroughs in the last half of the game. Oh and the walkthough I used was the stared one on gamefaqs. Hope this helps Sengoku Rance is an EPIC game.
The Torrent is gone! Please re upload them.
Holy fuck this game is kicking my ass, tried doing it without the walkthrough at first and I ended up fighting BOTH Mouri and the Demon Army at the same time. At that point I threw my mouse at the wall and broke it. Thank god I had a back up.
Dear lord, this is one of the best games ever.

"Come for the hentai, stay for the strategy and challenge."

[spoil]Mouri falls to the demon army eventually. Also, after a while fighting the D.A., Time will pass and many lands will be freed instantaneously. WHOOPEE!

The only downside is that things get MUCH harder.
Uzachiha wrote...

[spoil]Mouri falls to the demon army eventually. Also, after a while fighting the D.A., Time will pass and many lands will be freed instantaneously. WHOOPEE!

true ! but whats makes me sad is Senhime hentai scene is too little! i want more of it !!!
bGoZt wrote...
Uzachiha wrote...

true ! but whats makes me sad is Senhime hentai scene is too little! i want more of it !!!

And if you don't use her consantaly, she may leave your army.
Uzachiha wrote...
And if you don't use her consantaly, she may leave your army.

, I'm not worried about it, because I always put it together with the main character "Rance" . LOL
, btw Senhime not appear on the Rance quest .. how disappointing ..
, even so, there's still Kenshin . LOL
Im on my 3rd playthrough but it seems that it does not want to do what I want. Im trying to do a bunch this play through get the one eyed house bonus and get the 4some with the mouri sisters. But I am unable to capture kikkyu (with defeated warrior AND light attack on her) Talk about frustrating. So I went back to a earlier save before I entered Ran's route and see if I was too far in before shimazu starts doing funky things to the southern provinces and or somehing funky going on. If anything cant get the all out battle form mouri to pop ei ther this is frustrating.

I'm having trouble with that part too. I tried to capture Kikkyu after the All out battle with Mouri so I can clear her. I've reloaded countless of times but I still can't.
I'm Dying to have this game in Ages !!!
RAWWRRRR~ thanks Jacob! thanks Fakku!

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ.