[Anime] AOTY 2016

A little late because I still haven't finished everything from last season.

Very good anime:
KonoSuba
Koyomimonogatari

Noteworthy anime
Winter:
Erased - I liked the character designs but the twist was terrible.
Musaigen no Phantom World - Usual KyoAni quality animation. One of the weakest KyoAni shows recently.
Koyomimonogatari - Brought me back to the Bakemono days. One of my favorites from the series actually.
KonoSuba - Stupidly fun comedy.
Kizumonogatari I: Tekketsu-hen - They somehow made Monogatari work without inner monologues.

Spring:
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri - Good looking artstyle and smooth animations. Felt rushed towards the end.

Summer:
91 Days - Captured the mafia feeling really well. Weak ending.
Danganronpa 3 - It had more potential than it delivered on.
Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! - Fun romcom.
Mob Psycho 100 - Impressed by how they used ONE's artstyle and the animation was 2016's best. Weak ending.
Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume - A nice addition to the visual novel.

Fall:
Haven't finished anything else.
Dashiell DirtyDeedsDunDirtCheap
That lack of JoJo as very good great anime is
Forum Image: https://archive-media.nyafuu.org/vp/image/1473/86/1473863013519.png

Thanks to David Production's changing ops for main villain fights and sfx versions at the end of season other animes openings will now always seem dull.
Dashiell wrote...
Thanks to David Production's changing ops for main villain fights and sfx versions at the end of season other animes openings will now always seem dull.

I haven't seen or read Jojo yet. I know I should.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Re:zero
Sousei no Onmyouji
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 3rei!!
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season

The rest are meh to shit.
animefreak_usa wrote...
Re:zero
Sousei no Onmyouji
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 3rei!!
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season

The rest are meh to shit.

I didn't like Sousei no Onmyouji, Re:zero couldn't hold my interest, haven't seen Gate and >kaleid.
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
Re: Zero was definitely AOTY for me. Nothing else held my interest really.
Dashiell DirtyDeedsDunDirtCheap
Ryssen wrote...

I haven't seen or read Jojo yet. I know I should.

Do it, first few episodes seem pretty normal but then bizarre hits in and with every next part just when you thought it can't get more absurd, it is. :D
Of course it's also cheesy as fuck and full of milf hunters.

Here have first opening in glorious 2160p and SFX.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
JoJo is like fate/stay virginal or zero. It had a good source but still fucked it up and became shite. Fate/loli magic yuri is a solid series that didn't fuck up. Mainly because Rin>saber
Dashiell wrote...
Do it, first few episodes seem pretty normal but then bizarre hits in and with every next part just when you thought it can't get more absurd, it is. :D
Of course it's also cheesy as fuck and full of milf hunters.

I know what Jojo is. I'm going wait a little longer until I finish it. I asked a few mates if I should catch up with either Jojo, One Piece or Ippo. And I decided to go with Ippo. Right now I'm at chapter 180 out of 1164 total. The reason I only pick one is that I don't want to burn through everything that I know I will enjoy.