[Anime] Tokyo Ghoul

Pages Prev12345
[size=10][size=12][color=black][/color][/h][/h]
I learned about the manga ending, and now I'm really salty about it. Something new is coming next week though. I think Oct 17. Something is going to be revealed, and if it isn't a sequel, I swear to god, I will be very upset.
ClosetPervert wrote...
[size=10][size=12][color=black][/color][/h][/h]
I learned about the manga ending, and now I'm really salty about it. Something new is coming next week though. I think Oct 17. Something is going to be revealed, and if it isn't a sequel, I swear to god, I will be very upset.

Here some preview info about the upcoming manga. TVTropes is already listing a new batch of characters from it, I won't spoil stuff but, as I told artcellrox before, let's pray it won't be a Prototype 2 scenario (where Kaneki is the bad guy).

On a side note, minutes ago I killed a big ass centipede crawling on my bedroom wall. Bad omen...? :y
pihip wrote...

Here some preview info about the upcoming manga. TVTropes is already listing a new batch of characters from it, I won't spoil stuff but, as I told artcellrox before, let's pray it won't be a Prototype 2 scenario (where Kaneki is the bad guy).

Re:Tokyo Ghoul YES YES YESSSSS! Sui Ishida(the mangaka) is also running a side story called Tokyo Ghoul: Jack where Arima's past is the focus, some of the characters from there carry on to Re:Tokyo Ghoul apparently.

Spoiler:
So some guy that's part of the CCG called Haise is apparently the new main character(looks like Kaneki) being part of a group of one-eyed Ghouls working for the CCG to hunt down other Ghouls. So possibly Kaneki still alive because Arima wanted him for that group...maybe to do the same ghoul hybrid experiments as Kanou.

Although the mangaka commented on the series saying "The legend has a beginning. If you bear witness to this beginning, it will be a moment you will never forget as long as you live!!" Meaning that this is a prequel? Or just saying that the original Tokyo Ghoul was leading up for this series?
Spoiler:
I suppose it could allude to the many past related things that weren't disclosed in the manga's conclusion.

On a related note people are saying Tatsuki Sen is Eto presumably because their hairstyle is similar, but Eto's build is different than Sen..I suppose that would explain Sen's sudden interest in Kaneki and how she made it past the CCG scanner.

So the party on the 17th is probably just going to be about the anime then, because the guests there are mostly people related to the anime adaptation.

pihip wrote...
On a side note, minutes ago I killed a big ass centipede crawling on my bedroom wall. Bad omen...? :y

You should stuff it in a briefcase.
Chapter 1 of Tokyo Ghoul:re has been released by Imperial Scans, go have a look if you like.

Spoiler:
I know judging a book from its cover is stupid, but I have mixed feelings after reading the chapter. Guess I got too used to Kaneki et all's magnificent badassery to enjoy these CCG greenhorns. :(
pihip wrote...
Chapter 1 of Tokyo Ghoul:re has been released by Imperial Scans, go have a look if you like.

Spoiler:
I know judging a book from its cover is stupid, but I have mixed feelings after reading the chapter. Guess I got too used to Kaneki et all's magnificent badassery to enjoy these CCG greenhorns. :(

Sweet, thanks.

Spoiler:
Yeah I'm upset about how Sasaki's subordinates are trying to screw with Sasaki when he clearly knows whats best for the team. It's disappointing to think we got to the climax of Tokyo Ghoul where everything was starting to fit together and then got sent to square 1 in Re so the reader is frustratingly forced to ignore all the insanity from the conclusion of Tokyo Ghoul. Overall it feels like Re:Tokyo Ghoul is going to wipe the slate clean which I'm not really comfortable with because the wonderful experiences with the original characters potentially just got thrown out the window to make room for the new characters. I'll keep my fingers cross and hope for a better tomorrow.

Hopefully reoccurring characters won't become meaningless sides or sacrificial plot devices, it would break my heart to see Touka become a faceless side after watching her amazing character grow.[size=3]also Kaneki needs to motorboat that asap[/h]

I'm not really sure if greenhorn applies to Sasaki, he's a rank 1 under Arima and Akira's tutelage so he's probably very capable.

I liked Kaneki before he transformed more because Sui intended the new Kaneki to be negative part of his life. Previously he was an intellectual that constantly questioned himself before others to reach a better understanding and his drive for greatness(while too optimistic) was invigorating. When he became white-haired Kaneki I was slightly saddened because he was destroying the peace his time at Anteiku built and abandoned all pretense of reaching the understanding between Ghouls and Humans that Yoshimura was proud of him for(admittedly his contradictory and deranged lifestyle was entertaining in a different sense). I feel like Sui wanted the reader to take a look at the idolization of the merciless killing machines in today's literature and say "that's wrong", I felt that feeling even stronger when Touka, Amon and Yoshimura confronted Kaneki and Kaneki decided to return to Anteiku.

I'm not saying that Kaneki's transformation was a bad thing(in fact I believe it to be one of the best things to happen to the manga), I'm just saying that Sui didn't want him to look like a badass just a hurt kid cursing at the dark.
Took the series 8 episodes to actually get good. It was worth the wait for those last episodes.
First volume of the BD release(episode 1-3) is subbed, somehow I feel like the censorship was there on purpose to promote BD sales because the uncensored version is pretty normal-I mean they went to lengths to censor pools of blood and dead people's eyes. Who does that?
Pages Prev12345