[Anime] Yuri Kuma Arashi (Winter 2014/2015)

This is going to be a interesting combination; an anime title combining the yuri genre with bears. Yes, you read that right - bears!

In the distant universe, an asteroid "Kumaria" exploded and its fragments fell to earth, causing bears to turn violent. To prevent further bloodshed, a huge wall was built to separate humankind and bearkind.

Tsubaki Kureha and Izumino Sumika are two female students who are about to fall into a forbidden(?) yuri relationship. Yurishiro Ginko and Yurigasaki Lulu are bears disguised as humans who wander into the latter's society. Will the war between humans and bears come to an end?

PV3, the most detailed version released:

Link to the official anime website: http://www.yurikuma.jp

To be honest, "Yuri Kuma Arashi" isn't the genre of anime which I will usually watch. But the presence of bears interest me. :D

P.S. Happy New Year, my fellow Fakku members!
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
This one might be right up your alley Gambler.
This will either be bear-tastic or un-bear-able. Ohh... Puns.

-DarkdaemonPK2
FinalBoss wrote...
This one might be right up your alley Gambler.

Definitely. I will be watching it for the bears, if not the yuri fanservice.

DarkdaemonPK2 wrote...
This will either be bear-tastic or un-bear-able. Ohh... Puns.

-DarkdaemonPK2

I like puns, especially bear-related ones.
DatYuriThough Goddess of Nature
I'm a fan of anything Yuri and anything done by Morishima Akiko (Artist for the manga, they adapt the anime to match that) so I'll watch it for the Yuri but....IT'S FUCKING WEIRD. More so than the manga since they aren't following it's plot...at all really. It's still interesting in it's crazy for the sake of crazy. Though that might be the directors fault more than anything since he's known for 'symbolism' that he uses quite often. Then again it isn't like the plot isn't very odd anyway.

I'm rambling. Point is I'm going to stick with it for as long as I can before I say the fan service isn't enough to keep me enticed in the series.

Spoiler:
I give it like 2 more episodes before I flip a desk and pick up something else in its place.
very catchy opening intro cant make me stop watching it and hearing the song all over again
The first episode was meh. Still yuri and three episodes rule.

The second episode was a way too repetitive, but good enough to watch it.

The third episode was very good, marking good enough to follow the show until end.

The fourth episode was annoyed by little brother, but still good.

The fifth episode was SO lulz! Also DAT end!

The sixth episode... WHAT A BEAUTIFUL STORY... and... OH MY GAO ENDING.

The seventh episode was so sweet and charming... and putting interesting enough things in the way.

The eighth episode... OH MY KUMARIA.

Basically the show vastly surpassed my warm expectations and at this rhythm is hitting really high in my list of best shows.

I hate symbolism, and yet the director this time is applying it a few times more practical and friendly. Most the symbolism is there just to give you a chance to guess what will happen later and feel really cool when you do. With a friend we've guessed right after brainstorming three whole episodes by analyzing the symbolic tips here and there. Aside that the remaining symbolism is mainly a mockery of Class S relationships, that hey, that isn't that bad, nobody has really scoffed them before, and some thrashing about how society sucks. Ok, Ikuhara didn't ruined my yuri at the end even if I was fearing that with the firsts episodes.

As for fanservice come, I'm happy with it. I just don't like forced fanservice and I have not seen that much of it to feel my immersion killed. And the remaining fanservice is quite enjoyable... Ok, the opening is good, specially the singer's voice... *melts*. Ok, the giant dick flower full of honey sucks. Coquette bear dresses scores really good. Yurizono made me wet twice (her sexy voice...) and I can continue more but I guess I made my point.

Finally the yuri itself. Frankly I think it's a really good show regardless that, but to be honest I love a lot my gay stuff on it. Lulu fills the show with so much love I melt. Ginko is so cool I melt. Kureha's harem... Ok, I love seeing a MC with a lesbian harem. You see a lot of conflicts, troubles and so caused by the difference between Class S and true yuri, too, so the show wouldn't be the same without my gay stuff (that after all feels genuine, in a way or other, even if at the start didn't).

Also I like a lot Life Sexy, Life Cool and Life Beauty, they really balance the show in a good way.

TL;DR: Gao, gao.

Note: I love more the Ending to be honest, I'm learning to sing it~! ❤. I really like it, >//<.
episode 6 reaction

Spoiler:
i feel bad about MC being tricked the whole time by the whole class tribute for her bestfriend/love interest rebuilding the place and made preparation for her birthday instead those bitches burn it down that's so cruel at the highest level and finally reveal who kills her bestfriend/love interest and things getting even interesting going episode 7 and 8 later on
jotaro wrote...
episode 6 reaction

Spoiler:
i feel bad about MC being tricked the whole time by the whole class tribute for her bestfriend/love interest rebuilding the place and made preparation for her birthday instead those bitches burn it down that's so cruel at the highest level and finally reveal who kills her bestfriend/love interest and things getting even interesting going episode 7 and 8 later on

Spoiler:
That was the most sophisticated and evil bitching I would think so...

Episode 8 Reaction. (Big spoilers).

Spoiler:
Though Yuriika is an evil resentful, I felt her pain a lot... Some would say she was friendzoned, but then it also seems they had more than just a friendship... It's just for Reia it was a playful love and for Yuriika a serious love... it hurts really badly when things end like that, as I lived it. Though until that point ends my compassion for her, as you should just deal with it and grab that precious friendship inside the love and be happy with it (or just take distance rather revenge. *Pouts*).

Also my precious Lulu ruined everything, ;_;. GINKO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! ;___; ;__;, I still can't stop crying.
cliffhanger ending for episode 8
Spoiler:
shots been fired!!

waiting for the next one i heard its 8.5
Ugh, it looks like the 8.5 is just a special with the voice actors, director and mangaka that most likely will not be translated. Dat Ikuhara troll and day buy of time to animate more. *Sigh*. (There are chances that we'll get at least a preview of the new episode).

Screenshots of the special, plus preview of the 09:

http://publishwith.me/ep/pad/view/ro.gw3tB4TUjYZ/latest
here it comes i knew that bitch is still alive
It was obvious because

Spoiler:
Kureha's accuracy can't suck more.