[Anime] God Eater

Summary:

Set in Japan in the year 2071 where the world has been mostly destroyed by mysterious monsters known as the Aragami. An organization known as Fenrir was made to exterminate Aragami using weapons called God Arcs which is made from the cells of an Aragami. Those who specialize in exterminating Aragami are known as God Eaters. Originally God Eaters had one type in which their God Arcs can only keep gun form or blade form, however a new type has been discovered that can switch between gun and blade form. Since then, they have been classified new-types and the previous as old-types.

I downloaded the first episode out of curiosity and the first thing that took me surprise is how slick the animation and art design is. Well, not that I should expect any less from ufotable.

Having played the game twice but never completed it, this is a good opportunity to finally appreciate the story.
Okay, I guess.
I've never played the games and I've never watched/played anything done by ufotable so I only checked this out to see why others are so hyped for it. Seems alright so far.

So the show is getting killed at 9 episodes because everyone hates it, lol! Been a long time since I've seen that happen and there's been a lot of dog shit anime in my time. Honestly I don't think it's bad enough to deserve a bullet in its head before it even staggers out 12 episodes but compared to all the people who were excited to/interested in watching it it's definitely not very good.
Episode 10 finally out , damn did not expect the episode for its return to be like that.
I can sense the cliché from a mile away...