One Piece 573

ACE DIES

Yes. this post is intelligent enough. now please GTFOff me
I'm actually more surprised by the fact that Akainu was a lava logia, not just fire. Wonder if the two other admirals are both higher level than a "normal" element logia.

And I wouldn't write off Ace so fast, main characters don't usually die for good you know.
Uzumaki101 wrote...
ACE DIES

What are you talking about? He is not dead. At the end there it just shows him being punched through and his vire card thing burnning. But it does not show him dead. Nor does the vire card burnning mean he's dead. It just means he is getting closer to death. If the card had fully burned, then Yes he would be dead. But it has not fully burned.
HIM520 wrote...
What are you talking about? He is not dead. At the end there it just shows him being punched through and his vire card thing burnning. But it does not show him dead. Nor does the vire card burnning mean he's dead. It just means he is getting closer to death. If the card had fully burned, then Yes he would be dead. But it has not fully burned.

OR the card is burned because his fire element (thus, his "body") got replaced by lava?
Uzumaki101 wrote...
ACE DIES

LOL. scared me for a sec.
After all those chapters rescuing ace he ends up dying or not he could be alive but hes seriously hurt.
Lamz0r wrote...
And I wouldn't write off Ace so fast, main characters don't usually die for good you know.

He is in no way a main character.
This is why I love One Piece. It doesn't try to be too complicated, but it's not always straight-forward. We all knew Ace was going to be rescued, and it wasn't hard to figure out that Whitebeard would do everything he could for his children, perhaps even sacrificing his life, but having Ace take a lava hand in the chest after being freed? I did not expect that at all, partially because I figured everything would be predictable, with the excuse being that it would also be incredibly fucking awesome.

Will Ace live? Will Ace die? I don't know! If it goes the usual shonen route, he'll live. But him dying is also a typical shonen trick. I want to lean towards him surviving because Oda doesn't kill anyone off, but this could be where Oda turns the tables for huge dramatic effect. After all, who expects Ace to die? He'd be, like, the first person in the series to die. (Second if you count Roger.) What better way to surprise the audience than by having nobody die for a decade, then killing off the person who was just saved?
Harmonian wrote...
Lamz0r wrote...

He is in no way a main character.

With rest of Strawhat crew gone, for the last like 50 chapters, he is one of the main characters.
I lol'd at the retardedness of Akainu's (and therefore Oda's) logic. LAVA BURNS FIRE?
Zenith wrote...
I lol'd at the retardedness of Akainu's (and therefore Oda's) logic. LAVA BURNS FIRE?

Let's just say that Lava is more intense at burning than fire is.
If Ace died there, I'd laugh...
Uzumaki101 wrote...
Zenith wrote...

Let's just say that Lava is more intense at burning than fire is.

I think lava would consume fire. Anyways, the point is, lava is better than regular fire.
Yuri Hyuga wrote...
If Ace died there, I'd laugh...

Who knows? Oda often gave us some surprising plot.
Here's my prediction: Ace lives.
Lava is a liquid,therefore it can extinguish fire,or so it seems how ODA's Logic.

But I want Ace to stay alive. Anyway ,if Ace die,the story will become more interesting
KLoWn wrote...

About 90% chance...
Yuri Hyuga wrote...
KLoWn wrote...

About 99.9% chance...

fix'd
Uzumaki101 wrote...
ACE LIVES

Ah I see so it was white colored ah ha! Now I will have to use this more often.
Fix'ed

It was a good chapter I love when guys get fisted... he he he.