2020 Books Recap

Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
Hey everyone!

I hope everyone is healthy and well during this very long year and I hope everyone is able to have a peaceful holiday. I wanted to give a recap for this year and thank everyone for their patience on all levels of book releases. From the extended print times to extended shipping times, we really thank everyone for supporting us and everyone's kindness towards us throughout the entire year.

There were a lot of changes this year, some were planned to ease workload and maintain quality with our releases. Some were out of necessity as adjusting for COVID and other issues such as the wild fires. There were some mistakes that were lessons learned and there were some eye opening realizations (by me personally) where I want to make some improvements going forward and figured I'd just be transparent with you all about as well to look forward to.

My job role is very much kind of like if you imagine a desk with an "in" and "out" basket, I'm a human version of that. I receive data, sort it out, make decisions with, or divert items to another team in order to keep things rolling. My job also is to receive proofs and make feedback on them, have adjustments made in house or out of house by the printer, and to ultimately get the book finalized for print. My job is to also keep you guys informed if there are any delays or any problems that may come up as well.

Something I want to do going forward with releases is to have new book release threads contain a status on them so you guys know where they're at in print and can be let known sooner if problems crop up. Things like color issues or moiré issues or if the book looks great and steadily headed to press. This year is the first year we've experienced major delays for multitude of reasons and I haven't been the most communicative on them, partly just from being a little caught by surprise as well due to the printer not being as organized due to the complicated year as well, so that's where that mistakes made taken as lessons to improve comes in.

At the beginning of the year I'll be updating dates where books are at so people can take a look on what to expect, but I do promise that going forward you should be seeing improvements on them and have a much better idea where future books are at in the print process.

Thank you again for everyone's support
Thanks for the hard work at Fakku. Really glad to see you willing to communicate with us on the status of thing and wish to see more posts from both you and other staffs in the upcoming year. Would love to see more polls and community interaction and maybe some transparency into the insides of working at Fakku.