[Locked] FAKKU State of the Union 2016

Any chance of there being an option of adding an incentive to buying a fakku book? Like if you bought a book you'd get a 30 days free subscription? As someone who used to frequent the site, I felt like if you bought a book and supported this new "revolution", you were just sort of left behind when this subscription option came out. Not even an invite to try it out for a short time. Not that I feel entitled to something like that, but if i'm spending my money on an experiment that ended up being a success, shoving another possible expense into my face just seems like a poorly executed scheme.

There is an abundance of wonderful content, but there is no incentive for me to pay $13 a month for something I only pay attention to every once in a while. Please consider adding some sort of way you can become a subscriber if you have bought or will purchase a book in the near future. Even if it means raising the prices of books to 30 bucks. The shipping prices were raised twice since I've bought the Renai sample so i'm guessing it would be more like 35 now... Some food for thought.
Dashiell DirtyDeedsDunDirtCheap
azusaa wrote...
Now Fakku has now lost the entire identity of itself.

Yar har "piracy hub" is something to be so proud of yarr?

azusaa wrote...
did you ever think about the damage you're doing to US pirate culture by your decision??

Yeah... none, Fakku was never the only place to get pirated stuff, you're just bad at searching.

azusaa wrote...
There are so many other ways you can be legal and so call "support" manga writers and their contents.

Like signing contract and legitimately sell their stuff?...

azusaa wrote...
If you see about more than 40% of disagree, you obviously need to think again because that's a lot of freading people.

If 70% of people asked answers that earth is flat it doesn't mean that earth is flat, they're just stupid as hell.

azusaa wrote...
Yeah I've been reading and liking magna for more than for almost about 20 years now.

Why do I feel that bolded word can be replaced by "pirating".

azusaa wrote...

STOP DESTROYING FAKKU'S IDENTITY AND VARIETY OF MANGA IN NA.

Lawl once again everything that fakku ever had is somewhere else they didn't destroy anything, they upgraded quality to top notch and released originally pre-censored hentai rather than medicore photoshop job so they did go few steps above anyone ever in right direction to bring hentai to the west (you could imagine that the world is more than just Japan and US :V) in it's full glory.

AzureKaos wrote...
shoving another possible expense into my face just seems like a poorly executed scheme.

Tv and BDs are poorly executed scheme? Because that's exactly what sub and books is. You're buying books because you liked author or don't spend enough time to make sub worth it, either way you're getting your share of content.
AzureKaos wrote...
Even if it means raising the prices of books to 30 bucks.

Topping books from 10$ to 30$ would just kill any incentive to buy books.
Likhos01 wrote...
AkureiSama wrote...
Wow. After a few weeks of being away from checking FAKKU, it's surprising to come back to see that everything is gone. At least everything that I had under my favorites and stuff I mean. I understand what's going on, and I know as a "business" you have to do what you have to, but as a person that comes on here only once in a blue moon sometimes, I can't see me paying to read stuff on here. That's $12.95 that I would be paying a month, to which I can't guarantee that I'll be able to read before the next billing cycle or not. Maybe I'll check back to see if perhaps you have some free stuff I could read, but other than that, I hope things work out.

The working alternative for the subscription is the digital books in my opinion.

for the pros, you can choose the content, you can download it and it's available forever, so if you don't go to FAKKU a lot you can still read the books without paying monthly for it.

That's just it. That's $12.95 that I would be spending each month that would go to waste because I don't check the site almost every day like some people. That's money that I can use to pay for other things, like food or bills. Like I said, I'll keep checking to see if there perhaps is some free content eventually, but I won't be one of those that pay.
YQII FAKKU Translator
AkureiSama wrote...
That's just it. That's $12.95 that I would be spending each month that would go to waste because I don't check the site almost every day like some people.

He's suggesting you buy a book rather than get a subscription. That a one-time cost ($10 for digital) and you can take as long as you need to read it.
I do not have the money to support you, but I salute the intent.
Be well, Fakku.
Me: I should check some new doujinshi on Fakku.net *stretches my arms*
- when i check it out first thing that i read was...
"Unlicensed content has been removed from FAKKU. You can learn more about this decision here. We hope you choose to support us!"
Me: I knew this would happen..

Jacob-san i guess it was good decision since its getting risky this days, cause its quite hard to keep the website with just making it free since it was before, to others who doesnt understand that it cost $287.90 to $1,013.40 for a year to keep up the server..

honestly i would like to help this website if i could since im still studying programming and some major subjects, "i would like to look forward to that in future" if possible, im inactive then just really checking how things improve in this website, its growing as fine as i imagine last year.

but then..
We plan to add free content for users that cannot afford a subscription, but it's going to take some time. We are still legally figuring out how exactly to do this and how to do it in a way that's smart alongside our subscriptions. If you have ideas post them in this thread, I'll be reading every single reply.
im sure its gonna take time but also im looking forward to that..

also Jacob-san i guess the ads are fine since they arent really disturbing like pop-ups and stuffs.. sometimes its getting really weird..

and for the last thing
Final Thoughts

At this point whether we succeed or fail is entirely up to you, and we need your support now more than ever. If you can't afford a subscription, help spread our message and explain to people why we made this decision and why the artists deserve support. Get out there and tell people. Think of all the faps these artists have given us over the years, now we finally have the opportunity to give back to them in a meaningful way.

I hope you choose to stick around with FAKKU. If not, it's been an incredible 10 years and I want to thank all of you for being a part of it.
you did well like how those artist given us to fap with for the years... i possibly will stick to FAKKU, since it just the beginning of the LEGACY OF FAKKU hahaha, but yeah...

keep the hardwork and the effort on uploading and updating the world for spreading the doujinshi in this fappable world, its a work of art -

3 Men Arrested for Uploading One Piece Chapter to English Website

also this seems too risky if something like this happen here... just be careful..

thanks for reading, email me https://plus.google.com/u/0/110474711011280096870
Out of curiosity how bad has the numbers drop been between before and now? Whats the % of traffic drop?
lychentemplar wrote...
Out of curiosity how bad has the numbers drop been between before and now? Whats the % of traffic drop?

I posted a graph earlier in the thread-it's pretty hefty.
I support this! I've purchased a number of your books in PDF form and I'm very happy with them, I don't need scanlations when I know I can support the artists, as an artist myself this might be a biased opinion..
I'm willing to practice my work by submitting original free hentai if that's an option! Can that be an option? I'm terrible at it right now, but I'm getting better every day.
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
someonehotter wrote...
I support this! I've purchased a number of your books in PDF form and I'm very happy with them, I don't need scanlations when I know I can support the artists, as an artist myself this might be a biased opinion..
I'm willing to practice my work by submitting original free hentai if that's an option! Can that be an option? I'm terrible at it right now, but I'm getting better every day.

If you want, you can post your artwork in this section.
https://www.fakku.net/forums/art-and-digital-graphics
devvah wrote...

AzureKaos wrote...
Even if it means raising the prices of books to 30 bucks.

Topping books from 10$ to 30$ would just kill any incentive to buy books.

Two questions: did you just pick something out of my response for the sake of argument? And second - seriously? Go to any convention and people will buy books, posters, trinkets and memorabilia from many different vendors. The incentive as a consumer is to have a piece of that artist's work. If you like it, you buy it. The price doesn't matter.

Perhaps I should clarify what I mean by $30 books because obviously you skimmed over my response.

Last time I bought a book it was

19.95 for the book + a digital copy.
S&H costs - a non-issue.
Last time it was ~5 bucks.

If you're thinking I'm talking about just the digital copy... Yea sure. 10 bucks. If i could buy a book + digital copy bundle that was priced higher and get some subscription time without buying into this monthly 12.95 commitment, that would great.
WarStalkeR wrote...
Well, as result from removing the unlicensed content from Fakku, I've moved from Fakku to Doujin-Moe and bought there subscription. Reasons are simple:
1) They have normal favorites system.
2) They have all unlicensed content, including content that was removed from Fakku.

So not only do you go to a site that takes crap from everywhere including works done by other circles and game rips, you go to a site that puts half of it behind a paywall? Even though there are sites like e-hentai that offers that and more? Really?
I honestly don't have the resources or drive to sink money into this site to continue to view any of it's content. Considering I don't want anyone to know I go here, that is.

Shame, I only just got here.

It's been fun I guess, bye.
beeEAZY wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
ChrisBRosado123 wrote...
WarStalkeR wrote...
Well, as result from removing the unlicensed content from Fakku, I've moved from Fakku to Doujin-Moe and bought there subscription. Reasons are simple:
2) They have all unlicensed content, including content that was removed from Fakku.

..... this is all kinds of wrong....

But okay. It's your money. You do you.

Well... he just bought a sub for shit they don't OWN. So instead of doing the most oblivious thing of pirate pirated stuff and buy or not buy legal content He paid for pirated stuff... it's not wrong but retarded.

Like saying fuck you netflix, i'll pay for torrents.

This hahahahahahaha

xD

This made me laugh a little too hard. Though, in his position (WarStalkeR), I would likely do the same. Websites take time, effort, and money to run. The cheapest hosting service that I could find was $8 US a month, and that was for a toaster of a host and for almost no traffic capabilities.

Everyone is familiar with YouTube, so I will use that as an example.

Just to handle the traffic you get on YouTube, you would be paying upwards of $200 a month for a server, and that doesn't really do anything if you wanted to have 6,000 people watching 4k videos all at the same time. Although doujin sites may not need that, they still need some for the traffic and for the pictures and such on the drives. It REALLY isn't cheap to run a website. I know for a fact that many forums I visit pay for the cheapest servers they can get, and they can hardly function with more than 100 people on the site.

Anyways, the point I am trying to make is that he isn't "paying for torrents" but paying to be able to keep torrenting and for it to be a better torrenting experience.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Spaxiss wrote...
Anyways, the point I am trying to make is that he isn't "paying for torrents" but paying to be able to keep torrenting and for it to be a better torrenting experience.

I'm sorry, but there's something hilariously wrong with your logic there.

Fact,
-I don't need "to pay" to get "good" torrent
-Doujin moe, is the last place to go if you want to pay for something. Remember that all your money, goes straight to their own pockets. none of those goes back to the artist or scanlators.
This is getting pretty stupid.
JACOOOOOOB
sadmir Moe Connoisseur
Kaimax wrote...
-I don't need "to pay" to get "good" torrent

I assume you're not a member of a private tracker then.
1 month fee = 13$
1 day work wage = ~8.5 $
1 month travel expenses = 64$
1 day of work = 12hours

I understand why you went to subscriptions and support you, but for me it is too expensive and for 4-5 visits per month i do not see the point to pay 13$.

nice to know you and goodbye
CGrascal wrote...
WarStalkeR wrote...

So not only do you go to a site that takes crap from everywhere including works done by other circles and game rips, you go to a site that puts half of it behind a paywall? Even though there are sites like e-hentai that offers that and more? Really?

This-if you're going to pirate, at least do it properly. Otherwise, you might as well just stick with Fakku.
FAKKU became a "legit" publishing business that continued to host unauthorized translations for work they had no copyright for, which is completely unprofessional by any sane standard.

There's no real excuse for it, unless you can prove it was condoned by the copyright holders, that is the publishers and the authors.

So Jacob or rather FAKKU as a business, used other people's work for their own profits without compensating them and getting their permission, yet at the same time stressing how important it was to support the artists.