Comic Market 78!

As many of you will know, Comic Market 78 (or Comiket for short) has just ended in Japan. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the event, the semiannual Comic Market convention in Japan is the largest anime/manga event in the world. Twice a year, after these conventions, we see an explosion in otaku merchandise ranging from badly-drawn doujin copybooks to full-blown games and movies from official animation/game companies. It has become a custom here at FAKKU for us as a community to provide a one-stop thread for all your Comiket needs, and C78 is no exception.

1zclrg4.jpg

Click on the above picture to be taken to the Complete C78 Thread, the official FAKKU thread for C78 goodies. I encourage all of you to participate and share the material as they come out; however, please be very sure to follow the rules as outlined in the first post.
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/08/15/even-more-sexy-comiket-78-cosplayers-day-2/
pic of cosplays too!
Lol @ Badly drawn doujins
Im hoping for a heaping helping of Juri doujins...

Aside from that "Juri the Rapist" doujin(?) I came across thats all Ive been able to find...
I wanna go to Japan just to bow down to that beautifully constructed building.
After seeing those cosplay pics I can die happy screaming I LOVE JAPAN!!!!
Wow. All the more reason to go to Japan one day. Ah to take pictures of the amazing cosplayers and buy as much stuff as I could.

Of course the people would be confused as to why a 4'10" girl would be amongst the otaku.
khoi20 wrote...
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/08/15/even-more-sexy-comiket-78-cosplayers-day-2/
pic of cosplays too!

yea I also have a Sankaku Complex account. I enjoyed the second day of cosplay photos more than the first day. My favorite cosplay was the Love plus cosplay. I also saw pics of Lenfried and Aka-san which I thought were good. I would love to go to Comiket one day.
nazel212 wrote...
khoi20 wrote...
pic of cosplays too!

yea I also have a Sankaku Complex account. I enjoyed the second day of cosplay photos more than the first day. My favorite cosplay was the Love plus cosplay. I also saw pics of Lenfried and Aka-san which I thought were good. I would love to go to Comiket one day.

im sry but i think that the second day ones i saw wasnt that great it. first day was soo much better.
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/08/15/sexy-comiket-78-cosplayers-day-2/
this post just made me sad the newer ver. of day 2 is better
Man! I want to go to Japan
they should hire models to cosplay that would increase the amount of people by a couple of folds. seriously most of them need to get some sun, ugh.
/sigh
too bad i didn't attend this summer's comiket.
oh well,i still got the winter comiket.
YAY!!! Moar Doujins FTW!~
I just want Tony's manga...
kevan wrote...
they should hire models to cosplay that would increase the amount of people by a couple of folds. seriously most of them need to get some sun, ugh.

haha i would love to see that happen and hell might buy a ticket to go. Well i saw some of them cuz if they got tan they wont look like what they cosplay as.
khoi20 wrote...
kevan wrote...

haha i would love to see that happen and hell might buy a ticket to go. Well i saw some of them cuz if they got tan they wont look like what they cosplay as.

I could have sworn they already bring in "professional" cosplayers (ie models) to cosplay. Was I wrong..?
cgronin wrote...
khoi20 wrote...
kevan wrote...

I could have sworn they already bring in "professional" cosplayers (ie models) to cosplay. Was I wrong..?

they probably do, but that is like ad stuff inside like some of the pic. But i would like to see some outstanding ones and pro style
cgronin wrote...
khoi20 wrote...
kevan wrote...

From what I know, professional cosplayers exist, but they are usually features in promotional events, like the Tokyo Game Show for example. Cosplayers in conventions are most of the time amateurs.

I really like the cosplayer in a black outfit featuring underboobs in the sankakucon galleries. I don't what character this is from though. :\
Comiket is an interesting experience. If your goal is to get your hands on some of the rarer doujins then you'll end up spending a lot of your time standing in line. In fact you basically need to develop a plan of attack similar to the one outlined by Konata in Lucky Star. You will surely want to bring along a few friends to help distribute the workload, as well to enable your group to hit several booths at once. If you want to walk around and browse everything then you can really spend an entire day just doing that given the incredible amount of vendors.

I was sort of lost the first time I went, but I had a friend with me who had been going for about 10 years already at that point so that helped out quite a bit. I was able to get my hands on most of the stuff that I wanted, but I did end up standing in line for about 2 hours (after waiting in line for about 90 minutes just to get inside) and the doujin that I was after ran out after I was about 20 spots from the front of the line.

Fortunately a lot of the really big name artists produce enough copies of their work to ship to stores like Animate and Toranoana afterwards, which is why the day after Comiket is sort of unofficially known as the 4th day of Comiket. The lines outside some of these stores (especially in the Akihabara area) start queueing up early in the morning a few hours before they open, and the lines inside are pretty difficult to navigate around given their relatively small size.

I would strongly recommend a stop at Comiket for any otaku that happens to manage a trip to Japan. The more people that you can go with the better, but if you are stuck going alone then you can definitely have fun if you take the time to plan things out ahead of time. For anybody interested I am planning on going to Comiket 79 this winter if anybody needs help with directions or anything like that.