Downtime... and shirts!

Pages Prev123
i would love to helping you guys by buying one of this shirt in welcome back<3
Getting Fakku back up and running already got you the good loving, I can't even begin to contemplate what 50% off shirts gets you. Fakku orgies whenever you want them probably. I'm grabbing 4 shirts myself. Hen-tie, Fakku red, Mega Milk, and Kiki's Delivery Service. Maybe even more, I'm not entirely sure yet.

I also agree completely with the above comment that a Momoka shirt would rock my socks. Get Mirai on there and it will sell out in a flash. That one picture Danny was drawing of them both in the buff and blushing toward the camera would do it.

As for my own Fakku shirt idea, we need a horse head Jacob shirt already. It has always been meant to be.
It's just me, or its Fakku still can't be Downloaded?
I bought me a team rocket shirt. Because using pokemon to take over the world is cool.
Tegumi wrote...
Stop using Seagates and Hitachis

I don't know, I think he's really using Conner HDs or maybe some AWESOME Quantum Fireball drives. :o

kotomo wrote...
Hurray for being back!

As far as hard drives go, I would recommend Western Digitals. Though I have no idea what kind of setup Fakku has for actual hardware and those might not be an option. I'm not sure Western Digital even makes any SAS drives which is what you want to use vs a SATA connection.

Also, have you tried a RAID 5? If one drive dies, you can keep going and just replace the one that died and it will be re-built from the other drives.

Just throwing that all out there, I bet you have this thought out already.

RAID5 is worthless for any setup that uses more than 4 drives. Anything more, you'd be better off running RAID 6 with a hot-swap drive as an option. What about forgetting everything and just move over to ZFS. With ZFS, you wouldn't really have to worry about drive failures so much since everything is based on a storage pool and it has built-in checksum and ECC support. As well as self-healing (rebuilds) incase of a drive failure and it just keeps working.
hmm... Shirt purchasing is even more tempting :S
jmason Curious and Wondering
Oh well, those stuff happens.

But nevertheless, it's still a fun place. I'll try to cough up some for the shirts :)
10 dollars for shirts? I can't pass up this offer that's for sure, it's still good to see Fakku back too.
I love this deal :) I bought 2 shirts! keep it at 10 and I'll invite my friends.
Marx-Taich0u GingaMahouShonen
Shoot. I couldn't get the 50% off in time. D; Oh well, next time, next time.
I have an idea....try to use an SSD.(Solid State Drive). They're a bit costly but they are way better than a normal hard drive. You might find trouble with the memory capacity though...
Awesome, been waiting for this discount and now I got myself 4 shirts.
I
<3
Fakku~
yo when are we going to have this type of sale again? I dont wanna spend 20$ on these shirts, 10$ is perfect? does anyone know?
oh balls, i missed it
Otaku_9100 wrote...
I have an idea....try to use an SSD.(Solid State Drive). They're a bit costly but they are way better than a normal hard drive. You might find trouble with the memory capacity though...

For SSDs, they would need to invest in enterprise level drives such as Micron's P300.

Even so, it depends on how much data the servers are pushing out. These drives are ONLY rated for approximately 3.5PB (or 3,500 TB) of writes. Most likely however, the server will be doing more reads than writes. The cost involved is also great. But then again, so are a couple of SAS drives.
Pages Prev123