Question: Absense of life drawing

Inoticed a lack of it in this section, or maybe my eyes may have overlooked some places that may have it.

But does anyone even do it anymore? I feel a better understanding of the body, makes you a better artist and obviously makes your drawings better, but I don't see it that often anymore.

I guess what I'm getting at, is that maybe someone should try to set an on-line life drawing session for the artists of Fakku, that way all of us, be it beginners or the more advanced can learn and gain some knowledge.

Now how exactly to do this, I don't know. However, I'm sure someone has a means or at least knows of a way to try and set this up. On top of that, I'm sure there's a good portion of us, make or female who would be comfortable about themselves to model for the community and let us draw them, though I'm sure the subject matter (be it clothed, nude, or something sexual) would solely be up to them.

Hell, it doesn't even have to be a group session, you can likely try to set something up privately, it would just depend on the parties involved. With the tech, we have today, doing this along isn't going to be all that difficult.

So with that in mind, would someone be interested in helping me figure on how to set this or even act as a model? I'm sure the lot of us would benefit in more ways than one.
Hmm, I'm approaching life drawing in my own way but mostly on bodies and backgrounds .... The face O_o I want to stick to Japanese style I only want to perfect the basic anatomy/muscles/shadow/hatching ... etc ...

----

Regarding that sessions I think someone already created a thread like that ( but most of that is about him having a LIVE drawing session for people/members that are available and close to his workplace ). As for me it would be a great additional help if ever the said activity would be brought to life ( The only problem is who's going to be the one teaching XD ).
I could try teaching, but then again, I'm only just learning myself.
I think it would be best if we all gave insight on it as I'm sure some of us may have either learned things differently or might be able to explain something better than another.

For these type of sessions, I would prefer if there wasn't just one set instructor. Always best to learn from many perspectives to develop your own.
BUMP BUMP
C'mon peeps!
I know more people have to be interested!
From what I know, I've been doing still-lifes from life.
I wouldn't mind, but being the Artistic Traditionalist at the moment, it would be much better to draw from life than copy pictures of people posing. In a photo, everything is already done for you, but in live models you have to figure everything out.

Try to find a local art store and see if they do Life Drawings, because you aren't going to find it here.
That's exactly what I'm trying to set up.
Drawing from photos can knot do so much, and I agree from drawing from life.

I believe that are some that may not be able to such a thing (for a variety of reasons) which is why I wish to set up a session for the artists here.
u can always visit life drawing sessions at universities/colleges for those, usually about 20$ for drop ins but depends on where you live.

also Fodder tried to set one of these up before I think... you probably should contact him.
Once again, I know this, though that may have helped someone who didn't.
I want to start something for those who are unable to.

Fodder, you say? Hopefully they're fairly active, I'd be pretty excited if I could actually get this set up.
What you're trying to say is you want to set up a FORUM LIFE DRAWING ART THREAD where you post a photo and have members draw it then you and others critique it ... I think that is what your aim is ... If NEW art enthusiast wanted to join they feel free to set up ( I think its interesting enough but I don't want to change my pace in drawing right now so I have to back away from this, though i might take a glimpse on what is discussed if ever you guys DID create one ).
Almost.
I wanted to set up a way for people to live (as in webcam or something of that variety) so they (other users) can be the subject or participate in drawing the subject
You can make a thread for it, like how there is a Fakku Challenge art thread.
I suppose I should just go ahead and do it.
Honestly though, it's really hard to say if you can get the same feel of your subject if it were through a webcam and whatnot, versus actually being there in front of them, in person. It's sort of similar to trying to draw from a photo, or a film, in the sense that the subject is not actually there with you. I've studied life drawing extensively, and I'm just not sure I would get the same experience / ability to properly draw the figures I'm studying if they were not in front of me in real life. However, don't let my opinion discourage you from giving it a fair shot, I'd love to see figure studies of someone attempting to draw a model over a webcam. Usually though, models have to be nude, or really close to it (at most briefs or something), if you are attempting to do a true figure study, and I'm not sure how many members would be willing to bare all (or come close), so to speak.

To comment on your opening post: life drawing is an absolutely essential study, for anyone wanting to seriously get into character modelling, etc. You simply need to know your stuff, and there is no better way of doing this than through life drawing.