Infamous 2

Pages Prev1234Next
thesinnerenvy wrote...
Kind of upset that Cole know looks like a douche. I'll have my old Cole back thanks. :/

Looks old cole enough to me
Spoiler:
Played the demo today. I'm definitely getting this game.
I have to say, it's kinda degrading for a badass, foot on the gas pedal always ready to whoop candyass to 'rely' on weapons now. But it's interesting nonetheless.
Infamous2 is looking pretty good IMO.
Hajo B. wrote...
Infamous2 is looking pretty good IMO.

you got it already?
I was referring to from what I've been seeing lol.
WHOO-HOO getting inFAMOUS 2 right after this post. WHOO-HOO
So I got my hero edition first thing this morning and I'm barely a few hours in. So far its better than expected.

Cole will also be playable in street fighterxtekken.
Mod Note: Similar, if not identical, topics have been merged.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Anybody have infamous 2 yet? How is it?
Mr.TifaLockhart wrote...
Anybody have infamous 2 yet? How is it?

The game is awesome, but i was disappointed because of both of the endings
i agree the gameplay is really good! being a superhero has never been this fun.
however the endings were a little disappointing...
I miss the use of the six-axis feature when you use your ion-storm in infamous one but the game is fine all-in-all. I have to say I'm having more fun being a jerk while tossing cars at a bunch of old ladies than some pansy who needs tell the police and other bystanders to run away from a damn bomb that they dont know how to diffuse. Also, the weapon, if you get over the horrible weapon design, or if you use a different skin, gave me more options of combat. Unlike in the original where my only option was to drain my energy away pushing angry business men aside with my electric push, infamous 2 actually lets me beat the living daylights out of them in melee which doesnt consume any energy at all. With that said I'll give this game the thumbs up. It is a good game but it's not a great game.
just got my plat on it and man is this game great, goin for a 3rd runthrough for fun now
Somebody make a unboxing video. Sort of how i did one for mortal kombat 9.
I might have to get a PS3 now.
Man i cant wait to get this
BlinkXPoke Cards and Hugs abound
I enjoyed this game, honestly, and unlike InFamous 1, I felt I had a bigger reason to become a "good" guy; I didn't even try on inFamous 1, since there was too many plusses being bad IMO. I only had three problems on 2 that annoyed me, two which they didn't seem to change much from the first: Cole is too magnetic, there's absolutely no reason to go neutral (I liked that in Fallout, thought it maybe could've worked here), and the final descision should've had both choices available, regardless of karma, since the one I wanted was locked unless I changed.

And I'm curious, since I didn't read much except all of the first page, but is there anyone but me who actually likes this new Cole? I like the, I guess I'll put, gentler look. I didn't mind the whole change. Hell, I thought the amp was cool too. They could've gotten a much better actor though. =/

edit: Eh, I guess not. Just reread the first post. Once again, I won't mind if they change it back... as long as they actually stick with it, instead of different character models back and forth.
My main problem with this game is how inconsistent the characters can get along with the moral choice system. Allow me to explain. You have a friend who's a girl whose mind is set on righteousness, but after you choose on dropping from a 50 story building on top of an oblivious senior citizen she continues to spoon feed you information all the while talking about saving everyone. Your friend Zeke requests that you massacre random musicians and street performers but later on he goes about saving hostages trapped in a tight room. The only real thing that differs thanks to the moral choice system is the powers and the ending which is a shame really.

But the gameplay is better because the weapon really makes it feel that Cole isn't just a one move super hero. The comboes felt extremely repetetive but it's not like that's the focus of the game. The 'ion charges' which you need to be able to use ionic super moves makes the game more challenging, I had to save my super moves for extreme situations because unless you're playing in easy mode those charges are hard to find. The super moves themselves are graphically stunning. I found myself in giggles everytime I hurled a mob of civilians with a vortex after they threw stones and insults at me, it actually feels satisfying. You gain two new super moves which one of those will only appear depending on moral choice system or... the girl you like more. Lastly, I'm glad this game killed the concept of 'dungeons' because now you get to use tesla missiles to powerup generators instead of going in sewers.
Pages Prev1234Next