Candy and Chocolate?!

I like candy, bubblegum and taffy.
Skip to the sweetshop with my sweetheart Sandy.

As for candy, I'll eat anything with poprocks.
Ninja4Hire wrote...
Guess I wasn't clear on that one. I meant the Kinder Surprises. Apparently Getting a toy inside a chocolate egg inspires obesity.

Every store here sells them. They're pretty expensive, but I gotta eat at least one every easter :> Just come to Finland and you can eat lots of them D; We also have some kind of Kinder chocolate bars, I dont remember ever trying them out tho.

My favorite candy has always been salmiakki (salty liquorice), but aside from few other countries foreigners dont usually like it. And some proof:
Spoiler:

But I think its soooo delicious. But its one of those candies you cant eat too much of before your stomach starts to hurt (really 100g is the max depending on how mild/strong salmiakki it is)
And I think that fruity candies are my second favorite. Anything that tastes juicy in my mouth is good. No need for me to start thinking what fruit candies I like the most tho, because I mainly eat finnish candy, and I dont think there's many finnish people here :<
Before I met my bf I usually ate chocolate only at christmas and when people bought it for me. I rarely bought chocolate for myself back then. But because my bf mostly likes chocolate, nowdays I eat it more than other candies :< No point in buying candy for me and chocolate for him, because candy is quite expensive here nowdays (gov. started to tax candy in the beginning of this year) Now a 200g chocolate bar costs 2-2,5 euros. And a mega back of candy (usually 400g) is almost 3 euros D: But really, one of the best Finnish chocolate candies are Dumles.

And, and finnish liquorice is really good too! :> I tried british liquorice once, but that was shit compared to ours >:)

Hm, writing this makes me want to start an online shop that sells finnish candy :/
Raparperi wrote...
Ninja4Hire wrote...
Guess I wasn't clear on that one. I meant the Kinder Surprises. Apparently Getting a toy inside a chocolate egg inspires obesity.

Hm, writing this makes me want to start an online shop that sells finnish candy :/

Sell the Kinder Eggs too then, you'll always have me as a customer
Ninja4Hire wrote...
Raparperi wrote...
Ninja4Hire wrote...

Nah, there's already at least one online store that sells finnish candy (with crazy prices tho) and I think its pretty well known. And really I'd be way too lazy to do it + I have no freaking idea how to do it and what to do :D
Selling them on ebay or some other site would be easier, but still D;
Raparperi wrote...
Ninja4Hire wrote...
Raparperi wrote...
Ninja4Hire wrote...

Nah, there's already at least one online store that sells finnish candy (with crazy prices tho) and I think its pretty well known. And really I'd be way too lazy to do it + I have no freaking idea how to do it and what to do :D
Selling them on ebay or some other site would be easier, but still D;

Fair enough. Well, I'm going to go find a Nestle Wonder Ball... Oh, wait, those also (allegedly) cause childhood obesity and were pulled from shelves.
Strawberry Bon Bons and those Reeses Peanut Butter Cup things. (I could slam like 20 of those RIGHT NOW)

:P~
Ninja4Hire wrote...
Fair enough. Well, I'm going to go find a Nestle Wonder Ball... Oh, wait, those also (allegedly) cause childhood obesity and were pulled from shelves.

Googled
However, due to choking hazard concerns, the product was withdrawn in 1997.[1] In April 2000, the Wonder Ball was re-released with candy in place of the toys.[2] In 2004, the brand was sold to the Frankford Candy & Chocolate Company, which has stopped manufacturing the wonderball

Also, just remembered Kinder Bueno FUCKING DELICIOUS, WANT ONE NOW OR ME VERY MAD D: gotta buy one or two tomorrow :< The filling is so delicious, I could eat it just by itself.
Raparperi wrote...
Ninja4Hire wrote...

Googled
However, due to choking hazard concerns, the product was withdrawn in 1997.[1] In April 2000, the Wonder Ball was re-released with candy in place of the toys.[2] In 2004, the brand was sold to the Frankford Candy & Chocolate Company, which has stopped manufacturing the wonderball

Also, just remembered Kinder Bueno FUCKING DELICIOUS, WANT ONE NOW OR ME VERY MAD D: gotta buy one or two tomorrow :< The filling is so delicious, I could eat it just by itself.

Yes, but last I checked, the candy in question did have a warning on it. The reason it was initially brought up to be banned was because people were paranoid that kids would keep eating chocolate because they would associate it with fun/happiness (the toy inside was endless fun for a 3 year old). Though the belief does have merit, their fear was unfounded.
*Side note: I hate special interest groups and lobbyists

Oh, and thanks for reminding me of the Kinder Bueno. Now I'm hungry for one.
Ninja4Hire wrote...
Yes, but last I checked, the candy in question did have a warning on it. The reason it was initially brought up to be banned was because people were paranoid that kids would keep eating chocolate because they would associate it with fun/happiness (the toy inside was endless fun for a 3 year old). Though the belief does have merit, their fear was unfounded.

I bet you live in the usa D: But I hope they sell Kinder Buenos where you live.
Raparperi wrote...
Ninja4Hire wrote...

I've only seen it for sale once, and it was too damn expensive to buy in good mind.
Ninja4Hire wrote...
Raparperi wrote...
Ninja4Hire wrote...

I've only seen it for sale once, and it was too damn expensive to buy in good mind.

Well, they're not really that cheap here either. After the gov. started taxing candies they've been roughly 1 euro for one package (the one with 2 bars). So I dont buy them that often anymore :
Raparperi wrote...
Ninja4Hire wrote...
Raparperi wrote...
Ninja4Hire wrote...

Well, they're not really that cheap here either. After the gov. started taxing candies they've been roughly 1 euro for one package (the one with 2 bars). So I dont buy them that often anymore :<

Well now (seeing as how I'm to lazy to check updated exchange rate), last I checked the euro was worth 1.25 american. Now, lets assume the worst and that the new exchange is 1.5/1. The store that sold the bars sold them for about 4.50 american. That means they were worth 3 euro. Yea, this is Hershey country, and I think they want it to stay that way.
Ninja4Hire wrote...
Raparperi wrote...
Ninja4Hire wrote...
Raparperi wrote...
Ninja4Hire wrote...

Well, they're not really that cheap here either. After the gov. started taxing candies they've been roughly 1 euro for one package (the one with 2 bars). So I dont buy them that often anymore :<

Well now (seeing as how I'm to lazy to check updated exchange rate), last I checked the euro was worth 1.25 american. Now, lets assume the worst and that the new exchange is 1.5/1. The store that sold the bars sold them for about 4.50 american. That means they were worth 3 euro. Yea, this is Hershey country, and I think they want it to stay that way.

Atm 1 usd is 1.44946 euros. Also lol, maybe I should start selling Kinder Buenos to americans and get rich :D
Raparperi wrote...
Ninja4Hire wrote...
Raparperi wrote...
Ninja4Hire wrote...
Raparperi wrote...
Ninja4Hire wrote...

Atm 1 usd is 1.44946 euros. Also lol, maybe I should start selling Kinder Buenos to americans and get rich :D

I think Hershey might make you disappear if you try to start a business that sells chocolate that isn't predominantly theirs.
expensive chocolate~o,o I wish I could try alot more since there's such a wide variety~ but right now I'm having russian chocolate from our local russian store~:'D
I absolutely love chocolate, especially dark chocolate, but I hate any candy that has artificial flavors. Best chocolate I've had was from Jacques Torres in NYC.
I'll have my chocolate please. Candy is good, but chocolate is better.
I love chocolate the best. Especially Belgian chocolate.
I love Cadbury Dairymilk bars, and Caramilk bars. I love Kinder chocolate too
fruit candy and cadbury dairymilk