Arcade Sticks

Pages 12Next
So i play fighting games like BlazBlue, Marvel 3 and little of Street Fighter on the 360. Now i want to get in arcade stick. but i went to look at sites like Amazon or some other ones. there are like a Street fighter stick and some other brands. Then i saw there are like lots of different types of sticks. Does the different types really matter alot? If someone can help, i will be very thankful.
I can't really say which one to get. All fighting games use the buttons differently. In my opinion i would buy one that has 8 buttons. Even though most games use 6 you never know if those 2 extra buttons will come in handy. I want one myself because there are allot of good fighting games coming out. Stick compared to controller is allot better. Your actions are done much quicker. When i had MK9 i raged at it but then i played it w/ a stick and it makes the game so much easier. But i don't have it anymore. In the end its up to you. I say get one that has 8 buttons.

I like this one the most Forum Image: http://tekken6fightstick.com/wp-content/uploads/Tekken6-controller1.jpg
Off topic: Hey Stylish-End, would you like to have some casuals in Blazblue sometime? Looking for a few more players to play on a regular with..

On topic: I'm a pad warrior, but I know that Hori Arcade Sticks are really good, especially tournament edition.
Hajin Busujima wrote...
Off topic: Hey Stylish-End, would you like to have some casuals in Blazblue sometime? Looking for a few more players to play on a regular with..

On topic: I'm a pad warrior, but I know that Hori Arcade Sticks are really good, especially tournament edition.

I dont mind. you have a 360, yes?
Stylish-End wrote...
I dont mind. you have a 360, yes?

Yeah I play BBCS on the 360. What's your gamertag? I'll add you when I get on in abit.
This very rare,one-of-a-kind Chun-Li Tournament Edition Arcade Stick on sale & on bidding too. Hurry,Get yours now,before they're all gone. (For a limited time only @ eBay)
Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/641290-4AJIO4T.jpg
I'd recommend you a Hori. A Real Arcade Pro 3 or a VX model, if you have them available. They're efficient and durable, they can easily be modified but don't really need to be if you're just starting out.

Things to watch out for Arcade Sticks usually include case size/total weight, button sensitivy, stick sensitivity and restrictor gates which determine the number of edges for the joystick (There's also the quality of the PCB involved but you don't have to worry about that as long as you're not working with custom made sticks.). All of these are things of personal preference, though I would strongly recommend you avoiding octagon gates, good thing squares are the common and featured in both models. The most common brands for the individual parts are Seimitsu and Sanwa, Seimitsu being known for not being very sensitive and requiring a lot more force on your inputs, easily shutting down unwanted motions. Sanwa being the opposite and really sensitive to the slightest touch, allowing you to play with more ease but requiring more precision.

The RAP3 comes with a Sanwa stick and custom Hori buttons mimicing Sanwa, I played a long time on those and I have to say they're really not bad, I've seen people question their durability but I used them for over a year before I exchanged them and they're all still perfectly fine. The VX model comes with full Sanwa parts. Personally, I'm a pure Sanwa player and it's not a bad choice to start out with.
sakabato24 World Warrior
Had a thread like this earlier here :

https://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?t=55301
I recommend MadCatz sticks.

http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=274

They are very good, durable, and easy to modify. I have a BlazBlue TE stick, but they are all the same with slight differences in the PCB board.
If price is not a factor for you, I'd say a Madcatz TE stick. They're very comfortable on your lap, if you prefer to set it on your lap, and like kiyomin said, it's easy to modify. If price is a factor, I'd say get it anyway. That $150 is definitely worth it. I own two TEs, the Chun-Li and the Femme Fatale, and they have yet to fail on me.
The problem with MadCatz is the buttons tends to die quite quickly and a bit harder to mod due to proprietary PCBs. My mate has the Tournament edition Sticks for Street Fighter and he's complaining that one of the buttons (X) was dying/less responsive. I suggest going for the Hori sticks and just modding the stick and as well as the buttons. Majority of my arcade friends all use Hori (including myself) and modded it up with no problems.
I have never heard of these issues with MadCatz sticks that you speak of. In fact, everyone tends to go with 360 TEs because of how EASY they are to dual mod.

Hell, even though I like Hori sticks more [i play on a V3SA and HRAP1] Ive had more issues with both of them than any of my MadCatz TEs, mainly due to the fact that Hori makes shitty cords.

Go with either a MadCatz TE, Hori VX/V3SA [comes with Sanwa parts already installed] or Qanba Q4RAF [which is dual modded out of the box, has good weight, good parts] if you can find one.
KawaiianPunch wrote...
I have never heard of these issues with MadCatz sticks that you speak of. In fact, everyone tends to go with 360 TEs because of how EASY they are to dual mod.

Hell, even though I like Hori sticks more [i play on a V3SA and HRAP1] Ive had more issues with both of them than any of my MadCatz TEs, mainly due to the fact that Hori makes shitty cords.

Go with either a MadCatz TE, Hori VX/V3SA [comes with Sanwa parts already installed] or Qanba Q4RAF [which is dual modded out of the box, has good weight, good parts] if you can find one.

Well, I suppose everyone has their own preferences. Down here, majority of my friends complain about MatCatz and their PCBs being shitty. I do agree Hori does need to lift their connection cords better.
If you really do not care about price, I think you should go with the Project Giant Sword sticks.

http://www.projectgiantsword.com/
sakabato24 World Warrior
B15SDM has really good sticks too.

http://www.b15sdmdesigns.com/
I'm not really an expert on the subject of arcade sticks so I'll talk based on my experiences and others I have heard of. I heard bad things about the MadCatz's sticks in my area. Things like none responsiveness, buttons not working after several uses and the like. They are simply to costly for their unreliability, IMO. Its most probably bad luck on their part, but that's the impression MadCatz left me. I tend to go with Hori's sticks since I trust their brand more. The one I have is the same one Tifa posted above and it hasn't failed me yet.
sakabato24 World Warrior
Madcatz is not a bad brand. The only one that really has a problem are the Standard Edition (SE) fight sticks. Because of their knock-off brand of Sanwa parts, they tend to fail after a period of long usage. You can always replace them easily with your choice of real Japanese Sanwa or Seimitsu buttons and joysticks, as well as having a good basic stick to customize on if you have some sort of experience with doing customs.

The Tournament Edition (TE) sticks are in really good quality because it comes with all Japanese parts right out of the box. Most fighting game players use this stick. Very comfortable, a bit more compact that that of a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 (HRAP3) or Hori Vewlix (VLX/VX) sticks, and pretty light-weight for it's size. Also, easily customizable for preferences.

Hori isn't a bad brand either. Their HRAP3 and VLX/VX sticks are real good quality sticks. The Tekken 6 (T6) stick (as shown by TifaLockheart in earlier posts), IMO, is a bit bad though. Knock-off brand joystick and parts, and the very light-wight design of the stick make it feel really cheap. I feel like I could break the stick if I'm not careful enough, whereas, the TEs/SEs are pretty robust.

No matter what you get, it's your own preference if you want it not. Hope this helps.

~Saka
roxas3sora3 wrote...
Well, I suppose everyone has their own preferences. Down here, majority of my friends complain about MatCatz and their PCBs being shitty. I do agree Hori does need to lift their connection cords better.

Vayne wrote...
I'm not really an expert on the subject of arcade sticks so I'll talk based on my experiences and others I have heard of. I heard bad things about the MadCatz's sticks in my area. Things like none responsiveness, buttons not working after several uses and the like. They are simply to costly for their unreliability, IMO. Its most probably bad luck on their part, but that's the impression MadCatz left me. I tend to go with Hori's sticks since I trust their brand more. The one I have is the same one Tifa posted above and it hasn't failed me yet.

You probably bought the Standard Edition sticks. These sticks are known to wear out and break down after prolonged use. The Tournament Edition sticks are the ones you should get. They are highly durable and the majority of players use them. You spend a little more and you'll get a very reliable and usable stick.
TE? SE? MadCatz? Pfft, here's the answer to your question.

Get the Quanba Q4RAF. Best stick out right now, hands down. However, that thing is relatively new, which explains why nobody was mentioning up until the last post. Came out in March, after all.
Pages 12Next