Your opinion on online dating/matchmaking sites?

your opinion?

Total Votes : 43
So here recently I've been trying to give some of those online dating websites a whirl to see if I could find a girlfriend in my area. Haven't had any success yet. I don't know if its just because I don't really know what the hell I'm doing or something else I don't know about? I just don't know. Anywho, what's your opinion on dating websites?
I'm fairly certain a similar topic was made before...

Anywho, as far as online dating goes, I'm all for it.
It has its own set of problems they people involved have to deal with, and obviously trust is event more of an issue in this as well.

For dating sites, I don't really believe in it, but thats doesn't mean that I never gave it a shot before. I do notice that most of the people you see in those sites are the same you'll meet at a bar or a club, so it didn't take too long for me to not be fond of it. A friend did reccomend a dating site geared more towards geeks and such, but because I was such a cheap ass, I couldn't use it to its full benefit. She did, and had found a boyfriend, but it didn't last all that long.

So I don't bother to look at those sites anymore, and depend on myself to find someone, assuming that I'll eventually make the effort to do so.
No way! I dont have any, like absolutely no faith in such things... maybe a little actually- depends on the person tho....There is so much more you can tell about a person by seeing them in the flesh! Everybody gives off a certain vibe that you can't transmit over the internet- you cant tell if the person is charming or has some really cute quirky stuff they do with their hair when they are nervous or bored or whatever, like twirling it around their finger. Or when you meet someone and become interested in them you notice a lot from their body language or the way they look at you. An intense look in the eyes on a first date is something that can make you go head over heels! First impressions and little gestures! That's whet human communication is about

my psychologist actually told me that i was like a robot because if 15% of communication was words and the rest 85% bod language then i only gave off 15% but hey its not like i dont get attention or cant make a boy notice me if i want to- there's passengers for every train man, remember that
Rather not, its more or less a waste of time, also you must be pretty desperate to use a dating website, rather start being capable of finding a partner by yourself, man up, go and socialize, it isnt that hard you can find someone to hang out with everywhere. I'm sure sooner or later there will be at least one woman instrested in you anyway, if youre trying hard the chance is even bigger. Also there have been huge amounts of scams on those websites plus the data can always be more or less false and you might get something completely different from what you'd expect, in every aspect it would be better to do it yourself.
IMO a waste of time, not saying that online dating is a wast of time, its just those sites are kind of BS. plus if your so insecure and scared of people that you have to use a computer to match you up with people, your not ready to handle a relationship.
no for me too, i don't like dating sites. i prefer dating someone i met in person.
I think that online dating sites have their purposes. For someone like myself, who lives a fairly busy life with my schoolwork, research, and other commitments, there is not much time to go out and meet people. It is especially hard when, as is my case, you are a very shy person and also have moved from PA to Orlando, FL. The other thing for me is that where I go to school, it is hard to meet people without a car and without being able to go to a bar or a club, and in my case, not having a car and only recently turning 21, I have had little alternative other than online dating. It has worked fairly well for me, I have gotten to meet a few fun people and had a good time doing so, but nothing substantial has come out of it, since it seems that when I do get to meet the person face-to-face, as is usually something I find very important in getting to know someone, things seem to fall apart, but that has little to do with the online dating itself, rather with my personality.

All that being said, of course, it is not the right solution for everyone. A lot of the most legitimate sites charge a lot of money for their services, so that is also a factor that turns people off. The other thing is that some people just do not need the help of the internet in meeting people, I just happen to be one of the ones who does, that is why it has sort of worked for me so far.
Not for me, it has its benefits like you can find someone quickly who likes things that you like but the internet is so faulty nowadays, you never know who you could really be talking to. Plus - I think physical contact is a must in relationships.
Pointless.
A friend of mine who has recently turned 40 has been using them to try and find some connection with little luck.
And he's a really awesome, easy going guy with insane talents.
Honestly, go OKcupid and find out. It's a pretty simple exercise and it's free, hooray!

Really, to form a relationship, you need to parties that are equally desperate and a means to communicate. You have that, you're good, no matter where that communication manifests itself.

However, I wouldn't pay for it just because it is literally all luck, regardless of how attractive you are as a whole.
I think the ones that sort it for you like Match.com or Chemistry.com could work. the ones where you sift through a bunch of random profiles and pictures are no different than going to bars.
Takerial Lovable Teddy Bear
https://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?t=67980

already said my stuff about this here.
Show a little empathy for the women and you'll have great relationships anywhere, seek to see things from their perspective. If you can understand how they experience the world, your communication will be extremely powerful and compelling, sparking attraction.

Sites like match.com are great if you do your due diligence.

There is a pool of successful (which translates to busy most of the times) and attractive women that use good online dating sites. It's also great for travelling/business trips to bigger cities.

You need to recognize that online dating is like catalog shopping. There are only 2 channels of communication: your picture and words. You need to convey who you are with those 2...no more.

In real life, women can see your emotions/mannerism which gives them a feeling about you. That feeling could be attraction. Online, you need to create that feeling with words and pictures. Otherwise...you are another profile, you don't feel like a real person.

Great pictures that illustrate your lifestyle is absolute key. This is the most important part. It supports everything you say in your description.

The second part is how you communicate with your words. It's like writing a resume for a good job. It's not enough to list your skills and what you like doing...it's boring and everyone's doing it. It's common, average and not attractive. You could also be lying. Give specific examples, paint a detailed picture that shows who you are. This will allow her to experience and understand who you are...this is what makes you real.

For example, I could say that I like thunderstorms, which is lame and I could be lying to sound romantic. Instead, it's better to describe why I like it and to share my experience. Talk about the smells after a thunderstorm that I enjoy, the mind space that I get into during the storm,

If you like playing blues guitar, explain why...share the experience. It could be because you feel that it's stirring, mesmerizing, seeps deep into you and awakens something long forgotten; past memories and nostalgic feelings.

These unique experiences that drives you is what makes your 'list of things' real. It also shows that you're an exceptional and worthwhile guy.

She also needs to have a place in your life. If you love reading, talk about on a Sunday afternoon, you love to curl up in your hammock with a good book, cool drink with your girl snuggled up beside you with her own book.

There are strengths and weaknesses to online dating. The strength is that you can share these experiences quickly. This comes later in real life. The weakness is that your communication is limited. So play the strengths and save the rest for real life.

Most guys don't get it...and fail. Seek to understand and you'll succeed.
okcupid seems the one to use, the pay sites seem bs and I don't want to pay for something like that really.

I don't know if it's just my area but there really isn't anyone interesting on there. I swear it seems in my area it's a bunch of fat rednecks, that are obsessed with dogs and horses. it can be good I think as you can learn about people and their interests before meeting, if they actually fill the shit out.

the women that are interesting usually don't even respond.

"go out and meet someone" is pretty vague. I wouldn't know where to start around here as is. meh....
I think thats its a waste of time only because I havent ever fucking bothered going on one of those sites but I do know for a fact that they work if you're only looking for a cheap shag on a cold wet saturday night in swansea.

My bro SWEARS on plentyofpysgod.com even if they are stinkers 99.9% of the time. (Get that pint down you boyo... It'll prove usefull later on) HaHa :D
its more or less a waste of time, also you must be pretty desperate to use a dating website, rather start being capable of finding a partner by yourself, man up, go and socialize, it isnt that hard you can find someone to hang out with everywhere. I'm sure sooner or later there will be at least one woman instrested in you anyway, if youre trying hard the chance is even bigger. Also there have been huge amounts of scams on those websites plus the data can always be more or less false and you might get something completely different from what you'd expect, in every aspect it would be better to do it yourself.
I would never use an online dating site. Too many trolls and lies online to be honest, and then you gotta think why are people on these sites? Can't they just be like normal people and meet people, socialize? I mean I understand there are some people who live in the god knows where but if there's a will, there's a way and I do not trust the internet with things like this.

Not to mention the lies on some of the sites I hear about:
Body type: average.
Actuality: whale status.

MAN DA HARPOONS!~
https://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?t=67980

Similar topic