About Internet Dating

FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
I started internet dating a few days ago since I thought it would be better than trying to hook up with a girl at a local bar (I don't drink alcohol). I'm confident in my abilities to socialize, and I'm sure my shyness will go away after dating a few times. Like just about everything in life, you learn and grow through practice and experience.

Anyways, here is my more recent profile intro.

Spoiler:

I'm a free spirit looking for his soul mate. I decided to give dating sites a chance because I did not want to pick out random women based on their looks. I want a woman whose personality and attitude surpasses her physical appearance. I want a relationship where we can grow from each other. I prefer Japanese women because the culture matches my ideals and beliefs. I'm currently studying more about Japan (including the language).

For all the women who read this, I can not give you any promises that we will be a compatible match. What I can promise you is that I will do my best to show you all the different sides of me. For I am no longer a person who is ashamed of his insecurities or afraid of his future. Do not walk behind or in front of me. Instead, walk beside me and we will make it to the end of life's road together. God bless you.

For those that have already tried internet dating, do you have any tips or suggestions?
Only pervs and men are on dating site... girls don't need help unless their ugly or crazy kung fu wolf bitch. Their other places like speed dating and non online dating things, churches, malls, street, ect ect... no one said you have to drink.. i go to places and unless they have beer or whiskey i like i just drink cranberry juice or diet coke.
Honestly, that profile is not going to work at all...I can't imagine your pictures being much better. You'll be better off with other ways of meeting women.
animefreak_usa wrote...
Only pervs and men are on dating site... girls don't need help unless their ugly or crazy kung fu wolf bitch. Their other places like speed dating and non online dating things, churches, malls, street, ect ect... no one said you have to drink.. i go to places and unless they have beer or whiskey i like i just drink cranberry juice or diet coke.

I asked because my cousin is getting married to someone he met on the internet (They already have a child together). I thought that if he could pull it off, then so could I. The first site I tried was focused on geeks. most of those chics on there look scary as fuck. I already know some girls who are attractive, but they are too superficial (for obvious reasons). I just want to find my other half, which is pretty much just an average (boring) girl. Thanks for your advice, I'll try other areas aside from bars.

Honestly, that profile is not going to work at all...I can't imagine your pictures being much better. You'll be better off with other ways of meeting women.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Just do what Freaky said and try other places. People try bars to get laid and MAYBE start a relationship. My suggestion would be to keep an eyes out at places your frequent (whether it be a coffee shop or a comic shop or whatever them hell you go to), and try to scope out chicks that seem datable. Not everyone is going to be a celeb status hottie, so you're going to have to keep your options open. Because unless you're extremely handsome and iverly confident, you're not gonna have your choice of whoever your want.

Also, look presentable. Make yourself look nice and don't over do it. If you can, make yourself look like you're already in a relationship, for some reason I noticed girls sometimes flock at guys that they assume are unattainable.
Maeve wrote...
Just do what Freaky said and try other places. People try bars to get laid and MAYBE start a relationship. My suggestion would be to keep an eyes out at places your frequent (whether it be a coffee shop or a comic shop or whatever them hell you go to), and try to scope out chicks that seem datable. Not everyone is going to be a celeb status hottie, so you're going to have to keep your options open. Because unless you're extremely handsome and iverly confident, you're not gonna have your choice of whoever your want.

Also, look presentable. Make yourself look nice and don't over do it. If you can, make yourself look like you're already in a relationship, for some reason I noticed girls sometimes flock at guys that they assume are unattainable.

Meh, too much fucking work. *rage quits*
Exactly.
Them boring is getting the chick, the easier bit is keeping them.
Opposite for me.. i can get them.. find one that don't wanta kill you after a few months is hard. I had to just find my female self and just chill.
I've had experience with ol dating. And I have to say, such a relationship is apathetic, but I may be wrong.
Money ALWAYS works no matter where you go.
Hey, you know what?

I know that one thing will always work on girls:

Talent

It's like girl magnet! Girls are naturally into guys who have some kind of talents such as singing, dancing, music instruments, cooking, jokes, or specific interesting professional knowledge. Sure, looks always beat just about everything, but that it's ok, just move one and some other girls will eventually appreciate your talent and will start to be interested in you. It's a PLUS! You create a new hobby for yourself and you'll get a girl in the future. For my example, I can play the violin like 'really really' BAD in a professional's opinion, but since most people don't know jack about classical musics, they are simply attracted to whatever you're doing.

Ready yourself, before you venture out for your destiny.
Internet dating doesn't work. Its been proven.
I tried net dating once, though it was someone I met on a forum but...
It really doesn't work in terms of you still don't feel it. If you know what I'm saying.
In my opinion you still lack the physical side to it which doesn't take away that single factor.
Eh, people here are so negative about internet dating. I've tried it and it's fine.
It works fine just like any other way of meeting people. You just need to know what you're doing.
If that was your whole profile, I would say it is a bit too concise. You could be more specific about your interests, likes and dislikes, tell something a bit more concrete about yourself. Often people make some sort list of the traits they want their partner to have, be it physical features or charcteristics. They don't have to be final requirements but it's good to know what sort of things a potential partner appreciates in a person.

Another thing is just a matter of preference, but I find your introduction to be romantic to the point of facepalming. Of course if you are looking for a person who is extremely naive romantic, that could be a plus.

As for internet dating in general, I think it's perfectly reasonable. If I usually don't go to parties, doing that just so I could find someone there would be a bait. I'm giving an impression of a sociable type, even if I'm not one. In similar way I wouldn't bother to make/dress up any more than I bother in everyday life, so people looking for that type wouldn't be deceived. It seems logical to me that more introverted people look for company with a method that suits them best, whether or not they could find someone by doing something else is irrelevant.
Kavi wrote...
If that was your whole profile, I would say it is a bit too concise. You could be more specific about your interests, likes and dislikes, tell something a bit more concrete about yourself. Often people make some sort list of the traits they want their partner to have, be it physical features or charcteristics. They don't have to be final requirements but it's good to know what sort of things a potential partner appreciates in a person.

Another thing is just a matter of preference, but I find your introduction to be romantic to the point of facepalming. Of course if you are looking for a person who is extremely naive romantic, that could be a plus.

As for internet dating in general, I think it's perfectly reasonable. If I usually don't go to parties, doing that just so I could find someone there would be a bait. I'm giving an impression of a sociable type, even if I'm not one. In similar way I wouldn't bother to make/dress up any more than I bother in everyday life, so people looking for that type wouldn't be deceived. It seems logical to me that more introverted people look for company with a method that suits them best, whether or not they could find someone by doing something else is irrelevant.

Thank you, I will take your advice into consideration the next time I decide to give internet dating a try. My introduction was concise, and I felt I didn't do a very good job selling my strong points. In fact, I also added most of my bad points (like the fact that i got a mental illness). What I thought would attract girls may have left me isolated. Well, its no big deal. My aim was to eliminate the shallow minded girls and hook up with someone who can accept my strengths and weaknesses. I've also decided to lower my standards. Instead of trying to attract the beautiful women, I'll go after women who may be less desirable (that includes the fat girls). Who knows, maybe my opinion about love might change and I'll actually find my soul mate.