LOL that "separation of church and state"

Pages Prev12
The fact that the judge gave an unconstitutional punishment, that's what is not to like. Saving money is a great thing, but would it have cost money to serve him with community service? There were more options open to that judge, he can't use saving the state money to justify his actions. I hope the supreme court will pick up on this, in fact, I intended to write a letter requesting that something be done about his unfair sentencing. Community service doesn't cost the state anything either.
Fiery_penguin_of_doom wrote...

I stated that the words are not in the constitution because you'd be surprised how many people actually think those exact words are in the document. Other than that, I have no comment since your entire post is just a reiteration of my own views.

Edit: Canard huh? Somebody used their thesaurus.

What you fail to understand the point of MY post was, was to state that it doesn't MATTER that the words aren't in the document. It doesn't matter one single bit. The words might as well go in there, and anyone who has the misconception that they are, are only technically wrong, they're right, however, in all other ways, so poonting out such a trivial unimportant fact is pointless, and serves only to make you seem like you're arrogant.

As to your edit, There are a few of us who have an extensive cornucopia of vocabulary terms we find exhilerating to use in everyday conversation.
BigLundi wrote...
What you fail to understand the point of MY post was, was to state that it doesn't MATTER that the words aren't in the document. It doesn't matter one single bit. The words might as well go in there, and anyone who has the misconception that they are, are only technically wrong, they're right, however, in all other ways, so poonting out such a trivial unimportant fact is pointless, and serves only to make you seem like you're arrogant.

Are you really going to waste our time arguing over such a trivial comment? Everybody already knows where I stand on religion and state relationships. I'm so predictable in that regard that you can set your watch by it. So I threw in some trivia regarding the constitution rather than restating my opinion for what is possible the ten-thousandth time. Wasn't even worth the time for you to reply to. If fact, I didn't think anyone WOULD reply to it.

As to your edit, There are a few of us who have an extensive cornucopia of vocabulary terms we find exhilerating to use in everyday conversation.

You're trying too hard to sound intellectual and it's showing. Just relax and speak plainly enough to get your point across.
Fiery_penguin_of_doom wrote...

Are you really going to waste our time arguing over such a trivial comment? Everybody already knows where I stand on religion and state relationships. I'm so predictable in that regard that you can set your watch by it. So I threw in some trivia regarding the constitution rather than restating my opinion for what is possible the ten-thousandth time. Wasn't even worth the time for you to reply to. If fact, I didn't think anyone WOULD reply to it.

Oh yes, it was trivial, but what you don't get is that in human society, words mean everything. If you're going to say the words "Seperation of church and state aren't in there really" then you understand that those sets of words entail you're saying, "Well we can't really say it's violating church state seperation, because there's no such literal thing, but I agree anyway."

It may be trivial to you, but semantics are an incredibly important part to discussion.

You're trying too hard to sound intellectual and it's showing. Just relax and speak plainly enough to get your point across.[/quote]

Not trying to sound intelelctual, actually my specific reply to your condescending statement was an attempt to be ironic, clearly you missed it.
BigLundi wrote...
Not trying to sound intelelctual, actually my specific reply to your condescending statement was an attempt to be ironic, clearly you missed it.

Clearly you bested me.

BigLundi 1 FPoD 0
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
Church? I think therapy would be more suitable, but I guess it'd be too expensive.
Pages Prev12