Is This Normal?

I had a dream few days ago that was pretty vague now. But it involved me killing someone. Although I ignored it as a regular dream I'm starting to have more and more thoughts and dreams about killing people.

Recently when I visited my parents I.....
*Pretty graphic*
Spoiler:
Had an imagining of slashing my moms throat and stabbing my dad multiple times when I saw a knife in the kitchen.

I'm just wondering If I should get help or something? Because I'm getting pretty scared here.
If it lasts for more than a few weeks then I would talk to someone you trust about it, a close friend or someone in your family, and go from there. Other then that I would just wait and see if it dies down on it's own.
You thought killing your parents? Damn. I studied criminology for shits and giggles, and you skipped 3 text book chapters of murderer. Even though you aren't going crazy, you are probably stressed out. Well. Stress breeds paranoia, and paranoia stems much darker thoughts or deeds. Take a vacation, rub one out, the list goes on. You have to think about what is the most stressful thing in your life at the moment, and not really eliminate it but learn how to put it off for a bit until you clear your head. If this persists I morally have to say to tell a shrink, but to be honest when you step into their office and say "I thought of killing my parents. Am I crazy?" they may book you a first class ticket to the looney bin.
I think your mind is telling you to stop hesatating, and start livin' the dream!
Nothing out of the blue...

You either think to much about violence, Watch horror movies, play video games, or are stressed out..

Or you could actually want to kill someone. I mean, slasher movies pretty much have a throat or two cut out. and if thats there, someone else is already stabbed and you just don't know about it! (For a nightmare thats a norm, While other "Pretty Graphic" dreams could be a canninbal eating your heart, without evening breaking you skin, kind of thing)

Don't let your dreams affect you in a negative way, but if they do, try and find someone to talk to about them.
I would really consider this: Thoughts are irrelevant without actions. It takes into account that we have rogue and inappropriate thoughts, but as long as they don't manifest themselves inside of reality, they are 100% inconsequential.

Basically, it only becomes weird if your reality begins to contour around it. Funny enough, if you mention it to people, their reality might start curving and it'll ultimately affect yours in the form of mistrust.
Bottom line: you are stressed out.
Maybe you have some problems in your relationship with your parents? Or else I don't think you can have such clear image when talking to them. Anyway, if this persists for a week or longer, like people above me has said, go get some help. That's the only way.
You'd have to see a counsellor or a therapist about this, and to be honest if you were worried then it's something to be look into- nobody truly knows your mind better than you, sometimes you're just unaware. Though talking to a friend/family member may help you get to grips with it, it's likely that if such a problem does exist, you won't have dealt with it directly and it'll return if not fail to subside at all to start with.

I can't say much from what you're telling us, though I'll tell you now that though it isn't uncommon or abnormal to get dreams of murder, recurring ones (especially those of a sadistic nature or those that are mentally debilitating) are often signs of some kind of underlying problem, whether you're aware or not. The posts above me are throwing possibilities at you, but in the end it's very much possible and quite likely they are untrue. Best wishes.
Try killing cats and dogs. It might relieve your stress.
Shinzumakami wrote...
I had a dream few days ago that was pretty vague now. But it involved me killing someone. Although I ignored it as a regular dream I'm starting to have more and more thoughts and dreams about killing people.

Recently when I visited my parents I.....
*Pretty graphic*
Spoiler:
Had an imagining of slashing my moms throat and stabbing my dad multiple times when I saw a knife in the kitchen.

I'm just wondering If I should get help or something? Because I'm getting pretty scared here.

Same things happened to me I had the sudden urge to take the shovel to the face of the person in front of me. Did you enjoy the thought of the comment in the spoiler? If you did enjoy it you need to go see someone and find out the source of the problem.