How is Being Gay or a Virgin a bad thing..?

Pages Prev123456Next
I, personally, dislike the approach that takes the insult and tries to deconstruct it based off its literal definition. If reciting a dictionary entry could stop individuals from feeling emotions, then yeah, that'd work, but it never does.

The two terms are more of a testament to how easy it is to insult men based on how competitive men naturally are.

In the scope of things, having sex doesn't change much for a guy, and yet you're always going to see these threads in every social outcast-oriented forum. It's simple: insinuating that you're less of a man bugs the shit out of men in general. Doesn't matter how dire the actual implication is. If it is said and the rest of the people around you generally concur, you're going to have the same pissed off response that every other guy has.

Being labeled gay is similar. The core thing that's implied there is that someone's lack of success with a woman can be attributed to their lack of attraction towards women/attraction towards men. Realistically, almost every guy slobbers over women in their head so that's actually not the problem at all. On a similar note, the term gay almost exclusively points towards the image of a submissive receiver. Nobody calls someone else gay and envisions them drilling out someone's asshole because that is a position of power. Either way, it's saying that you're less of a man because of this reason. Same target, different venue.

Basically, yes, these terms exist. No, they don't make 100% sense, but they get your goat because they're attacking the basics of your male identity. Build your emotional defenses around that part, not specific freaking words.
I seriously don't get why veing a virgin whether or not you choose to be is in anyway bad. It's your personal issue, and if somebody has a problem about it I say give them the middle finger.

About being gay... I think most of the bad things being said about being gay are mostly because of religion which says that being gay is bad.
Personally though I don't have a problem with gay people, unless of course they try to annoy me by hitting on me. And I'm friends with a couple of gay dudes, I've hung out with one of them and I get along with the other.
Personally I don't believe being gay is right, but its not really that bad of a thing. To put it in perspective (Yes I am Christian) the sin is not being gay but acting on those impulses. This is the same as sex outside of marriage, sodomy. Yet no one persecutes people who have sex outside of marriage. And because I don't believe in sex outside of marriage I don't believe being a virgin is bad. Ive had the option of having sex multiple times and haven't. My relationship with my girlfriend is better than it would be and people respect us for it.
No way in hell, or an anyway being gay is a bad thing.
Being gay isn't a bad thing at all. There are tons of people on this earth who are taught to misuse the words "gay" and "faggot" in dirogatory way and not intend to offend homosexuals in anyway. But on the other half of people, they are eithe homophobes or hardcore religious people who believes that being gay is bad. The thing I do hate is that people differentiate the genders when it come to being gay. If it happens to be a woman, it would be: "Lesbians, fuck yeah!", but when it's a guy, that's when it'll be like: "Get away from me, faggot!".

It's rediculous how people portray homosexuals that way. That one is "hotter" than the other. My ass. It's okay to be homphobic, I just can't stand it when people are so vocal about, then deny that they're a homophobe.
I cannot even fathom why being a virgin is a bad thing. I'm bad because I want to give my body to someone I really do care about?

As for being gay/lesbian, I will admit I do not understand how the minds of homosexuals work. As a man, I love the female body. Some I believe do it for show or bandwagon acts. People who say "because I cannot trust the opposite sex anymore" are just weak-minded. But I will never hate a person just because they do not follow my beliefs. How they live their life is none of my business and so they shouldn't be judged negatively for it. Enough men and women still desire the opposite sex that those who desire the same sex, are not a reproductive threat.

It is better than hearing about a heterosexual relationship that involves a abusive man or woman with their significant other. But people despise it because it isn't seen as their ideal image.
BigLundi wrote...
Evolving a word to a new usage is...progress...

This topic is TL so DR if you DW2.

Spoiler:
This brings me to a new topic: Evolution. In its science, evolution is a process where a species of organism develops new or previously unused genes, either environmentally or through reproductive processes, in order to adapt to that environment. However, these adaptations are not always ideal, and do not always have a positive impact on the advancement of a species, in the worst case scenario, leading to the extinction of that species.

During pre-historic times of the early development of the species homo-sapiens neanderthals, there is an assumed, by most of the scientific world, split in the evolutionary path, where one set of homo-sapiens remained of the neanderthals class and another, new class of homo-sapiens, called homo-sapiens sapiens, was produced. Though neanderthals had superior physical strength and agility, the sapiens-class had a higher intellect and the ability to create tools and adapt their communication rapidly. They also had superior hunting tactics, leading to the dominance of the sapiens sub-species versus the neanderthals.

Eventually, neanderthals became all but extinct either through being killed by homo-sapiens sapiens or breeding into the class so that the genes of the sub-species homo-sapiens neanderthals were so diluted over time that they no longer had any impact on the major development of the species. It is uncertain but hypothesized by many scientists that the underdevelopment of primitive nations in modern society, as well as those that were severely underdeveloped throughout history, could potentially be linked to remaining dominant genes in the brain and body from the sub-species neanderthals, in such minute amounts that these developments will never be positively confirmed by biologists nor anatomists.

Back to the superior innate potential for development of communication of the sapiens-class homo-sapiens, in ancient times languages were formed by those groups of sapiens-class homo sapiens whose environments and communities allowed them to develop exceptionally dominant intellect genes, forming in the brain at early ages in many of the most advanced ancient civilizations. This allowed them to form powerful nations through their communication, which brought diplomacy, superiority in battlefield prowess, and trade dominance which allowed their people and military to prosper.

However, many of these nations hit some dead-ends in the development of their communication, which many scientists theorize is due to a lack of genetic development, which is normally created over a single generation or several as the need for advancement arises. Thus how many powerful empires in the ancient world have fallen to pieces in short amounts of time to the conquests that they could not possibly have been prepared for.

As ages advanced so did cultures and the values of people, as well as the average intellect of people who belonged to prestigious nations. During times of peace, intellectual pursuits became not only a pastime, but nearly necessary for the many inspiring inventions and technological innovations that lead to the world as we know it today. A large minority of scientists have hypothesized that the development of nations was highly driven by politics and diplomacy between nations, as well as warfare and militant advancements, up until the end of the industrial era. The support for these hypotheses is shown in nearly every major war that occurred in Europe during the 1600s and early 1700s.

However, when a society developed to its peak, so did its values. A grand example is how the once mighty Empire of Great Britain slowly fell to pieces by due-process of its own system and from internal conflict that occurred at times when external conflict prevented the nation from quelling its own problems. The prideful nation had thought itself to be nearly invincible in warfare at its peak, but because of the many mistakes created by underestimating the capabilities of their enemies and overestimating the skills of their own forces, they soon fell to pieces through several ground-breaking wars between the mid 1700s and early 1800s.

As such, their evolution into a nation of pride who believed that it held undisputed power lead to its eventual downfall. Thankfully by this time, the development of morals in humanity had evolved to a level where we would not completely destroy a nation that was our direct enemy (IE, America had chances to destroy Great Britain twice and chose to forego the opportunity), because we believed that further bloodshed was meaningless and will not solve the problems that many believed caused the conflict. Society changed drastically, leading to evolutionary changes in the ideas of culture.

....I want to say a lot more, a whole lot more but my hands are tired from typing for about thirty minutes so I will leave it at that for now, and pick up later.

In short, what progress creates is not always positive, could be negative, and the meanings and whether or not it is positive, negative, or completely neutral, changes in accordance to situations and usage.

Also, this means that regression to a previously-used method which is more effective and reliable, as well as being efficient, does not equate to making a negative sacrifice in all cases, in which case regression can also be a positive solution.
TheKingOfJames wrote...
BigLundi wrote...
Evolving a word to a new usage is...progress...

This topic is TL so DR if you DW2.

Spoiler:
This brings me to a new topic: Evolution. In its science, evolution is a process where a species of organism develops new or previously unused genes, either environmentally or through reproductive processes, in order to adapt to that environment. However, these adaptations are not always ideal, and do not always have a positive impact on the advancement of a species, in the worst case scenario, leading to the extinction of that species.

During pre-historic times of the early development of the species homo-sapiens neanderthals, there is an assumed, by most of the scientific world, split in the evolutionary path, where one set of homo-sapiens remained of the neanderthals class and another, new class of homo-sapiens, called homo-sapiens sapiens, was produced. Though neanderthals had superior physical strength and agility, the sapiens-class had a higher intellect and the ability to create tools and adapt their communication rapidly. They also had superior hunting tactics, leading to the dominance of the sapiens sub-species versus the neanderthals.

Eventually, neanderthals became all but extinct either through being killed by homo-sapiens sapiens or breeding into the class so that the genes of the sub-species homo-sapiens neanderthals were so diluted over time that they no longer had any impact on the major development of the species. It is uncertain but hypothesized by many scientists that the underdevelopment of primitive nations in modern society, as well as those that were severely underdeveloped throughout history, could potentially be linked to remaining dominant genes in the brain and body from the sub-species neanderthals, in such minute amounts that these developments will never be positively confirmed by biologists nor anatomists.

Back to the superior innate potential for development of communication of the sapiens-class homo-sapiens, in ancient times languages were formed by those groups of sapiens-class homo sapiens whose environments and communities allowed them to develop exceptionally dominant intellect genes, forming in the brain at early ages in many of the most advanced ancient civilizations. This allowed them to form powerful nations through their communication, which brought diplomacy, superiority in battlefield prowess, and trade dominance which allowed their people and military to prosper.

However, many of these nations hit some dead-ends in the development of their communication, which many scientists theorize is due to a lack of genetic development, which is normally created over a single generation or several as the need for advancement arises. Thus how many powerful empires in the ancient world have fallen to pieces in short amounts of time to the conquests that they could not possibly have been prepared for.

As ages advanced so did cultures and the values of people, as well as the average intellect of people who belonged to prestigious nations. During times of peace, intellectual pursuits became not only a pastime, but nearly necessary for the many inspiring inventions and technological innovations that lead to the world as we know it today. A large minority of scientists have hypothesized that the development of nations was highly driven by politics and diplomacy between nations, as well as warfare and militant advancements, up until the end of the industrial era. The support for these hypotheses is shown in nearly every major war that occurred in Europe during the 1600s and early 1700s.

However, when a society developed to its peak, so did its values. A grand example is how the once mighty Empire of Great Britain slowly fell to pieces by due-process of its own system and from internal conflict that occurred at times when external conflict prevented the nation from quelling its own problems. The prideful nation had thought itself to be nearly invincible in warfare at its peak, but because of the many mistakes created by underestimating the capabilities of their enemies and overestimating the skills of their own forces, they soon fell to pieces through several ground-breaking wars between the mid 1700s and early 1800s.

As such, their evolution into a nation of pride who believed that it held undisputed power lead to its eventual downfall. Thankfully by this time, the development of morals in humanity had evolved to a level where we would not completely destroy a nation that was our direct enemy (IE, America had chances to destroy Great Britain twice and chose to forego the opportunity), because we believed that further bloodshed was meaningless and will not solve the problems that many believed caused the conflict. Society changed drastically, leading to evolutionary changes in the ideas of culture.

....I want to say a lot more, a whole lot more but my hands are tired from typing for about thirty minutes so I will leave it at that for now, and pick up later.

In short, what progress creates is not always positive, could be negative, and the meanings and whether or not it is positive, negative, or completely neutral, changes in accordance to situations and usage.

Also, this means that regression to a previously-used method which is more effective and reliable, as well as being efficient, does not equate to making a negative sacrifice in all cases, in which case regression can also be a positive solution.

TL:DR.
Those insults clearly reflect their ignorance and ignominy. There is nothing wrong with being homosexual, it's another form of love and virginity is a cruelly ignorant and superficial judgement for just anyone. Girls are born without hymens would be labelled as "slut" while men got away since there is no evidence for their virginity besides words.
stevethapirate wrote...
This is the same as sex outside of marriage, sodomy.

Sex outside of marriage is adultery/fornication. Sodomy is anal sex between men.

As for the insults. Calling someone virgin or gay as an insults only demonstrates a childish mind. There is nothing inherently wrong with being gay or virgin.
I am Bi, I dare you to tell me to my face that I am a mistake in life for it, and we will see what will happen.
Nothing wrong with liking someone of the same sex. And I don't think being a virgin is a bad thing. With me, I will hold onto my virginity until I think it is the right time.
YoungSimba wrote...
The main problem with being gay is that it isn't natural. We're all animals made to reproduce and gays do not reproduce. It will always be. Made fun of and labeled as a taboo because of that fact alone. If we were made to reproduce with the same sex then it would be all fine and dandy. 90 percent of the time any gay I've met has some sort of trauma in their lives for them to be like that. For example an acquaintance from work witness her step father rape her sister at a young age now she dresses like a male and only likes women. Not only that she doesn't trust or likes men at all. There's not really a big deal on being a virgin but it depends on how to live your life. A ultimate goal for most is to carry on your name through your children.
Mash Karas wrote...
Being homosexual is fine.

Persuing marriage rights without being able to produce children is not.

P.S. Egg and Sperm doners DO NOT count as "producing children", as that child would be partially related to the doner.

After a woman goes through menopause, she is no longer able to reproduce. There are also people who have biological disorders and physical injuries that result in infertility.
Should these people be made fun of and labeled as a taboo? Should it be wrong for them to seek marriage? If any marriage exists when the disorder is discovered or injury occurs, should it be terminated immediately? Should fertility tests be mandatory for obtaining a marriage license? Should it be wrong for them to live?

I personally don't think so.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as for homosexuality being unnatural, I'm assuming you mean that it doesn't happen in other animals.
They're not bad things at all. It's definitely blown out of proportion by society as is everything. Honestly, I think it comes down to three things; the first two are what heterosexual guys secretly deal with everyday: penis envy and masculine insecurity, and the third is people's inability to accept the unfamiliar, the different.

People should start treating each other as humans first, not by what stereotypes they have.
But what if you are both Gay and virgin? Would this make you a Gaijin?
The only time I describe something as gay is when something comes across as homosexual. An example of this would be a dude making out with another dude, I might say, "that's kind of gay." This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I would probably enjoy enjoy it due to my love for yaoi and Ru Paul's Drag Race. I don't feel that it's appropriate to label someone or something as gay and intend for it to be negative. I understand that there are people who have mixed feelings towards homosexuals and transgender people, but for the sake of good manners and civility they should probably keep those opinions to themselves or express them in more appropriate venues.

As for the virgin comment... I've never considered being a virgin bad thing. I mean, I'm still a virgin and I'm perfectly fine with that. A lack of sexual experience should not be construed as a negative.
I was actually wondering about this. Telling some people im a virgin gives them this face of shock.

I mean a serious "HOLY-FUCK-DUDE-REALLY!? YOU-HAVE-AIDS?!" kind of look on their face. Some of my friends are just like "Heh, itl happen when it happens" but the general reaction is the aforementioned.

I think people just want to hurt other peoples feelings to hide their insecurities.(people who use it as an insult)

As for the people who have a face of shock, it's probably because in a world filled with easy girls(whores)it's hard to believe innocence is/can still be preserved.
Being a Virgin is "wrong" because you failed as a predator whose prey is a female. That's how our instincts are engineered.
Being a homosexual is wrong because you cannot reproduce with your own gender. That's how life is engineered.

That's the most basic answer.
Neither is wrong or unusual, but people often react badly when faced with those who are different from themselves. Ignorance breeds fear and hatred, and so it is only natural that the offspring of such feelings is abuse.
Why is being a virgin a bad thing?

Because for 90% of the males on the planet, being a virgin is a matter of circumstance than choice. In other words, a male virgin is a virgin because he hasn't had the opportunity to have sex. A very tiny minority of males of reproductive age are virgins by choice. The extremely religious, for the most part.

It means you're fucking ugly, or have zero social skills, or have no money. Or all three. Hence, you are a loser.

Why is being gay a bad thing? Because being gay means you do not have the desire to reproduce, or if you do it takes a backseat to your sexual oritentation. ALL life, ALL LIFE, the primary instinct is to survive and reproduce.

I'm not saying these attitudes are correct. Just explaining the reasoning behind the thinking.
Pages Prev123456Next